Games November 18th and 19th

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Games November 18th and 19th

Postby hot nuts » November 20th, 2015, 9:37 am

Wow, that Redbird game was brutal...again. A team that knows how to play basketball as a team taking it to a collection of superior athletes that really don't know how to play basketball as a team. The loss to San Diego State has been the best the Birds have looked, including the exhibition.
hot nuts
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby mathewson10 » November 20th, 2015, 9:42 am

hot nuts wrote:Wow, that Redbird game was brutal...again. A team that knows how to play basketball as a team taking it to a collection of superior athletes that really don't know how to play basketball as a team. The loss to San Diego State has been the best the Birds have looked, including the exhibition.

Completely agree with this!
mathewson10
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby CaliRdBrd » November 20th, 2015, 12:04 pm

Aargh wrote:
Rollbird5 wrote:Didn't think we would win tonight cuz South Dakota St has a really good team this year and are better than us but expected it to be at least competitive :|

Fans of what's supposed to be a top-4, and possibly a top-3 team in the Valley expect to lose to a Summit League team? At home?

If that's an expectation of IlSU fans, then I have some good news and some bad news. The good news: IlSU isn't going to have to worry about replacing Muller any time soon. The bad news: IlSU isn't going to have to worry about replacing Muller any time soon.

I'd a lot sooner go through the annual challenge of keeping a coach that P5 conference schools want than go through a perpetual lack of interest by P5 schools.

Our plan is to be so awful on the OOC that we can catch Valley teams looking past us and (hopefully) surprise them.
CaliRdBrd
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Wufan » November 20th, 2015, 6:14 pm

CaliRdBrd wrote:
Aargh wrote:
Rollbird5 wrote:Didn't think we would win tonight cuz South Dakota St has a really good team this year and are better than us but expected it to be at least competitive :|

Fans of what's supposed to be a top-4, and possibly a top-3 team in the Valley expect to lose to a Summit League team? At home?

If that's an expectation of IlSU fans, then I have some good news and some bad news. The good news: IlSU isn't going to have to worry about replacing Muller any time soon. The bad news: IlSU isn't going to have to worry about replacing Muller any time soon.

I'd a lot sooner go through the annual challenge of keeping a coach that P5 conference schools want than go through a perpetual lack of interest by P5 schools.

Our plan is to be so awful on the OOC that we can catch Valley teams looking past us and (hopefully) surprise them.

It's so frustrating because every year there is a team like that. The birds need to figure it out ASAP or that's exactly what will happen. My guess is that they aren't as bad as it seems.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby AndShock » November 20th, 2015, 7:19 pm

Serious question. If Illinois State goes around .500 this year is there any chance Muller is gone? Will his seat at least be warm for next year or does he have free reign basically?
AndShock
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Rollbird5 » November 20th, 2015, 8:13 pm

AndShock wrote:Serious question. If Illinois State goes around .500 this year is there any chance Muller is gone? Will his seat at least be warm for next year or does he have free reign basically?

I think his seat would definitely be warm if that happened and the next year would be the last year in his contract I believe so he'd have one more year to really show something always he could be gone id say.
Even after these last two awful games still like 97% of the season left and I'm optimistic it'll get turned around and still be a good year go birds!
Rollbird5
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Khan4Cats » November 20th, 2015, 8:28 pm

CaliRdBrd wrote:Our plan is to be so awful on the OOC that we can catch Valley teams looking past us and (hopefully) surprise them.

So Muller is trying to take over the role of Evansville?
Khan4Cats
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Ricardo del Rio » November 20th, 2015, 10:22 pm

Championz wrote:Kent State was 16-36 from the line and lost by 3.

Gad! The nightmare of nightmares for a coach.
Ricardo del Rio
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Ricardo del Rio » November 20th, 2015, 10:25 pm

MoValley John wrote:Congrats to Barry Hinson and the Salukis on being the first Valley team to 3-0!

Yes, I hope they finish second in the league.

Way too much criticism has been heaped their way in the off season.
Ricardo del Rio
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby pafan » November 20th, 2015, 10:32 pm

I would have guessed that this year's Evansville would be the fighting Southern Illini.
sad Evansville alum
pafan
MVC Valued Member
MVC Valued Member

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball