Games November 23rd - 26th

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Games November 23rd - 26th

Postby Rollbird5 » November 24th, 2015, 9:47 pm

Maryland got hot from 3 last 4 minutes to come back and pull away. This game shows the guys their potential if they play as a team and come ready to play every game. Really good game by our starters especially McIntosh and Lee
Rollbird5
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Redhawk » November 24th, 2015, 10:02 pm

Much better game by ISU against #2 in the country and the best team in the Big 10.
Just too many turnovers and not enough offensive flow. Getting better each game though.
Redhawk
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BirdsEyeView » November 24th, 2015, 10:30 pm

Championz wrote:Another double-digit loss.

Maryland is not the No.2 team in the country. That's for damn sure.

So, I just return to this board after a hiatus since last March. I just read through lots of posts and threads to catch up on topics, etc. (and yes I have watched games, just no time to spend reading boards until now). Championz, you are a common theme of hate towards Illinois State regardless of whether you are provoked or not. This comment here is a perfect example. If you watched that game, IL St. crapped the bed against a good team in the last 4 minutes, but they were up 5 points with 6 minutes to go versus the #2 team in the country. Rather than provide a "good effort" comment or something similar, you show your true colors "hatred".

Now in general, MVCFans.com will naturally bring in douchebags who are big time homers for their schools. It's an opportunity to hide behind a screen and brag about your team. Right now, due to the success of WSU in the past 3 years, naturally a larger base of posters come from the Wichita fan base (more to brag about). However, in the non-conference we should all root for each other and most WSU fans do so, except for Championz.

So I say to you sir. Get off your high horse, ignore the delusional Redbird posters that antagonize you and just be a level-headed poster cheering on Valley teams in the non-conference....especially against the #2 team in the country that would help conference RPI rankings and give the Valley further exposure within the media.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Championz » November 24th, 2015, 11:01 pm

1. What did I say that was untrue?
mvcfan2 wrote:the delusional Redbird posters that antagonize you

I appreciate you for mentioning this because this is the key, i.e. see last week's posts by Redbird fans regarding WSU vs. Tulsa

3. Welcome back. I'm glad I was able to help you back to the keyboard.
Championz
All MVC
All MVC

Postby hot nuts » November 25th, 2015, 8:35 am

Championz wrote:1. What did I say that was untrue?

No, I agree with your comments.

Championz wrote:2.

I appreciate you for mentioning this because this is the key, i.e. see last week's posts by Redbird fans regarding WSU vs. Tulsa

Yeah, you are the victim of some real injustices...you really have a history of taking the high road.
hot nuts
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BirdsEyeView » November 25th, 2015, 9:01 am

hot nuts wrote:
Championz wrote:1. What did I say that was untrue?

No, I agree with your comments.

Championz wrote:2.

Yeah, you are the victim of some real injustices...you really have a history of taking the high road.

I wasn't attacking your truth to the comments, just the tone of them. Disregarding a solid effort from ISUr with a condescending "double digit loss" rather than a "closer than the final score appeared, almost had them" type of message.

Hard to say if Maryland is overrated until they play another highly ranked opponent IMO.

My comments were just a generalization to your posts about ISUr. You are the epitome of why fan bases can hate each other...a small sample size is a not a good reflection of the total fan population for both WSU and ISUr. However, you provide a negative outlook for WSU in general, as do some ISUr fans for that fan base.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby bigdawg » November 25th, 2015, 9:45 am

1. Great effort by ISUred last night.
2. Pretty sure Championz is WSUbballer. Hint- The ignore or foe feature can be your friend.

3. Did anyone notice SIU beat Oakland last night and is now 5-0????
bigdawg
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Championz » November 25th, 2015, 9:55 am

bigdawg wrote:1. Great effort by ISUred last night.
2. Pretty sure Championz is WSUbballer. Hint- The ignore or foe feature can be your friend.

3. Did anyone notice SIU beat Oakland last night and is now 5-0????

1. No
2. No
3. Who? No.
Championz
All MVC
All MVC

Postby isumvc1 » November 25th, 2015, 6:25 pm

Drake the only team looking good so far tonight, winning 58-44 over Pepperdine

ILS, on the other hand, looks dreadful, can't hit the ocean, losing big vs. TCU
isumvc1
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby jackwagon » November 25th, 2015, 6:44 pm

If I said it once I'll say it a thousand times, ils is the stupidest team in d1. Can hang in there with some great teams based on athleticism, but will never be a true ncaa contender under Muller.
jackwagon
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball