Games November 23rd - 26th

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Games November 23rd - 26th

Postby Khan4Cats » November 23rd, 2015, 3:13 pm

The nice thing is that there are still solid teams in that field so you shouldn't end up with any RPI drags. Monmouth being the possible exception with their conference, but they have this tournament and games at Georgetown and Rutgers left to help their OOC.

And the Shockers still have a very good schedule to pick up quality wins in December especially if Fred gets back sooner rather than later.

Everyone else in the conference may just have to pull a little more of their own weight in the non-con rather than mooching off of WSU's RPI. And I say that as a UNI fan.
Khan4Cats
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Rollbird5 » November 23rd, 2015, 3:27 pm

Stickboy46 wrote: Will probably depending nearly completely on how much growth Taylor has and how much trust Marshall gains in him.

You want to get him experience at point guard this year for the long run but from watching him so far he seems like more of a scoring 2 guard than a facilitator right now, I think he may do better playing off the ball kind of how Daishon was for us past two years. I don't know as much about him as u guys do tho to know what may work best, I guess Gregg will figure it out haha
Rollbird5
All MVC
All MVC

Postby sixth ace » November 23rd, 2015, 3:44 pm

Evansville vs Providence game on ESPNU @ 8 PM central

PG Duane Gibson is still out after retweeking his knee in practice. Won't be available during the Wooden Legacy tournament.

:Cheers:
Last edited by sixth ace on November 23rd, 2015, 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ACES
ACES
ACES
I'M ONBOARD
sixth ace
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Stickboy46 » November 23rd, 2015, 3:45 pm

Rollbird5 wrote:
Stickboy46 wrote: Will probably depending nearly completely on how much growth Taylor has and how much trust Marshall gains in him.

You want to get him experience at point guard this year for the long run but from watching him so far he seems like more of a scoring 2 guard than a facilitator right now, I think he may do better playing off the ball kind of how Daishon was for us past two years. I don't know as much about him as u guys do tho to know what may work best, I guess Gregg will figure it out haha

While that very well may be true, my point is that if he is capable of Playing as a PG, then it allows our All-American SG to play at the SG position. We very well can slide Ron to the 1 in order to allow Taylor to play the 2, but I'd rather Ron be in his natural position if Taylor is capable of handling it (i think he is, he's young, but very talented). Just have to be a rotation of Taylor, JRS, Ron at the 1. Safe to say though, Ron will be in for quite a few more 39 minute games. Thankfully, he seems conditioned to handle that.
Stickboy46
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Rollbird5 » November 23rd, 2015, 3:53 pm

Stickboy46 wrote:While that very well may be true, my point is that if he is capable of Playing as a PG, then it allows our All-American SG to play at the SG position. We very well can slide Ron to the 1 in order to allow Taylor to play the 2, but I'd rather Ron be in his natural position if Taylor is capable of handling it (i think he is, he's young, but very talented). Just have to be a rotation of Taylor, JRS, Ron at the 1. Safe to say though, Ron will be in for quite a few more 39 minute games. Thankfully, he seems conditioned to handle that.

Yea I think your right you'd rather Ron play where he will be his best at since you will need him to keep playing at a high level to make up for some of the loss of production/uncertainty due to injuries.
Rollbird5
All MVC
All MVC

Postby UEACES80 » November 23rd, 2015, 4:00 pm

Wow sorry UE interrupted all the Shocker talk.
UEACES80
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby sixth ace » November 23rd, 2015, 4:07 pm

UEACES80 wrote:Wow sorry UE interrupted all the Shocker talk.

BAAAHAAAA!!!

ACES
ACES
ACES
I'M ONBOARD
sixth ace
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Stickboy46 » November 23rd, 2015, 4:28 pm

sixth ace wrote:Evansville vs Providence game on ESPNU @ 8 PM central

PG Duane Gibson is still out after retweeking his knee in practice. Won't be available during the Wooden Legacy tournament.

Actually was getting ready to comment on this but got pulled from my desk ha!

This would be a solid win for Evansville if you can pull it off. Definitely a boost to RPI. Just have to contain Dunn
Stickboy46
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Championz » November 23rd, 2015, 4:42 pm

UEACES80 wrote:Wow sorry UE interrupted all the Shocker talk.

Maybe one of these days you'll actually interrupt with something meaningful.
Championz
All MVC
All MVC

Postby MVCfans » November 23rd, 2015, 5:36 pm

Full bracket:

MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball