One bid league?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: One bid league?

Postby Wufan » March 1st, 2016, 6:15 pm

Ali wrote:Palm might be an idiot or he might just be looking at the cold hard facts. WSU has one win over a tournament team. One. And several "bad' losses. Why have the Shockers done to warrant a better seed?

Actually, WSU has one win over a top 10 RPI team. They lost five games away from home to teams with an RPI between 20 and 60 (four of those were without a healthy Fred). WSU has no bad losses, but two losses to MVC teams hovering around 100 in the RPI...Expected to be 17-1 against teams with an RPI above 100 (thank you Evansville and UNI for being in the 90s).
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby MVCfans » March 5th, 2016, 5:09 pm

Nope. Valley will have 2 dancing this year.
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby PantherSigEp » March 5th, 2016, 5:11 pm

MVCfans wrote:Nope. Valley will have 2 dancing this year.

I really, really, really hope that is true.
[Insert snappy comeback]
PantherSigEp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby bigdawg » March 5th, 2016, 6:17 pm

Lots of sweating in Wichita this week:

WICHITA STATE: L 57-52 (OT) vs. Northern Iowa
Record: 24-9, 16-3 MVC | RPI: 38 | Strength of schedule: 107

The Shockers fell to UNI for the second time this season 57-52 in overtime in the semifinals of the Missouri Valley conference tournament. Wichita State has one moment of glory this season – a home win over Utah. That is their only win against a team in the top 75 of the RPI. Their at-large chances are slim-to-none, and if this wasn't a team with a recent Final Four run and undefeated regular season, I doubt we'd be talking about them at all.
bigdawg
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Stickboy46 » March 5th, 2016, 6:25 pm

Lunardi said WSU is still in. I tend to think he's a little better. Palm has admitted to ignoring factors that the committee actually uses.
Stickboy46
All MVC
All MVC

Postby bigdawg » March 5th, 2016, 6:26 pm

Neither of their opinions matter. I think they'll make it but it's going to be close.
bigdawg
All MVC
All MVC

Postby TheAsianSensation » March 5th, 2016, 6:37 pm

Sidebar:

Northern Iowa is 7-3 against the RPI Top 100. And they're either going to win tomorrow or miss the NIT. My God, that's impossible. One of the most incredulous "achievements" I've ever seen.
http://bracketball.blogspot.com/ A national version of the world-famous TAS Bracketology. Spread the word
TheAsianSensation
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby uniftw » March 5th, 2016, 6:50 pm

TheAsianSensation wrote:Sidebar:

Northern Iowa is 7-3 against the RPI Top 100. And they're either going to win tomorrow or miss the NIT. My God, that's impossible. One of the most incredulous "achievements" I've ever seen.

I'd think UNI is in the NIT

Record vs top 100. Top 100 RPI. Wins over 2 top 5 teams. 2 more wins over ranked opponents.

I also think WAU is in but that run down isn't wrong. No signature wins outside of Utah. A handful of losses that were iffy I also don't think he's wrong with the if WSU didn't make a run to the final 4 a few years ago they are much much further down in the discussion.
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby bryce » March 5th, 2016, 8:16 pm

WSU deserves to be in. If they are in my bet they make it to sweet sixteen.
bryce
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby glm38 » March 6th, 2016, 9:16 am

bryce wrote:WSU deserves to be in. If they are in my bet they make it to sweet sixteen.

They could. They have to shoot better though. Their defense is consistently good as always. But this year at times they have stretches where they can't throw it in the ocean. Can't do that at the big dance.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball