One bid league?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: One bid league?

Postby acepurple84 » February 1st, 2021, 10:36 am

My personal feeling is even if the MVC had 3 teams go undefeated in non conference play and only lost 1 game in conference we would still only have 1 team make it. the P% conferences have sown up the bids and they are not going to give them up. Last time they threatened to form a new Association with only them in it.
acepurple84
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Red » February 1st, 2021, 2:17 pm

mvfcfan wrote:On ESPN's bracketology page, Loyola is listed as being in the "First 4 Out" category. If they can split with Drake that would give them a Q1 win.

Now among last four IN.
Red
All MVC
All MVC

Postby ColonialBulldog » February 2nd, 2021, 11:20 am

Lunardi doesn't even have Loyola on the bubble anymore. He has the Ramblers safely in as a 10 seed and the Bulldogs steadily climbing up to 8.

https://twitter.com/ESPNLunardi/status/ ... 85376?s=20
ColonialBulldog
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby municup14 » February 2nd, 2021, 11:58 am

When LOYOLA and Drake play I'll be glued to the tube.
municup14
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Red » February 16th, 2021, 3:36 pm

Loyola and Drake splitting this past weekend gives us a chance at more than one bid. Something tells me one of them (probably D+) ends up losing a game that they shouldn't and they'll be out, but for now we have a realistic chance of being a 2 bid league.
Red
All MVC
All MVC

Postby goramblers2011 » February 16th, 2021, 4:10 pm

Red wrote:Loyola and Drake splitting this past weekend gives us a chance at more than one bid. Something tells me one of them (probably D+) ends up losing a game that they shouldn't and they'll be out, but for now we have a realistic chance of being a 2 bid league.

Drake has more opportunities to drop one than Loyola (5 games remaining vs Loyola's 3) and faces tougher competition (@UNI, Evansville x2, @Bradley x2 while Loyola hosts Valpo and SIU x2).

Hope they both win out and play on Championship Sunday in St. Louis.
goramblers2011
All MVC
All MVC

Postby tribecalledquest » February 16th, 2021, 4:16 pm

goramblers2011 wrote:
Red wrote:Loyola and Drake splitting this past weekend gives us a chance at more than one bid. Something tells me one of them (probably D+) ends up losing a game that they shouldn't and they'll be out, but for now we have a realistic chance of being a 2 bid league.

Drake has more opportunities to drop one than Loyola (5 games remaining vs Loyola's 3) and faces tougher competition (@UNI, Evansville x2, @Bradley x2 while Loyola hosts Valpo and SIU x2).

If the Fab 4 Bradley dudes stay suspended Drake shouldn't have trouble handling Bradley in Peoria.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby keane1 » February 16th, 2021, 4:21 pm

goramblers2011 wrote:

There could be a scenario where we have 3, not likely, but still possible. Providing that LUC and DU win out, LUC could afford to lose in the semi's in STL and Drake drops the Championship game.
For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.
keane1
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby bleach » February 16th, 2021, 4:55 pm

keane1 wrote:
goramblers2011 wrote:

There could be a scenario where we have 3, not likely, but still possible. Providing that LUC and DU win out, LUC could afford to lose in the semi's in STL and Drake drops the Championship game.

Was thinking the same thing but wouldn't bet 10 cents on it happening even if your scenario plays out. I do think if either or both of them win out and a third team wins Arch Madness we'd get 2 though.
bleach
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Rambler63 » February 16th, 2021, 5:24 pm

Bart Torvik's T-Ranketology has Loyola as an 8 seed and Drake as an 11.

Interestingly, he has the American as a 1-bid league (Houston as a 2 seed) with SMU the 7th team out, Memphis the 10th team out, and Wichita State the 14th team out.
Rambler63
MVC starter
MVC starter

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball