One bid league?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: One bid league?

Postby LanceShock » November 29th, 2016, 2:54 pm

specialsauce wrote:"After all is said and done"? So everything's done already? Wow, who knew?

Middle Tennessee has an RPI of 12, Tennessee State an RPI of 24, and some school called Utah Valley has an RPI of 37. Clearly accurate after 7 games.

He said expected OOC SOS and that is what rpiforecast predicts for WSU right now. Outside of the teams in B4A and the games with the Oklahoma schools, the lowest nonconference RPI for a WSU opponent is 138.3 for Colorado State and then 189.5 for Tulsa. There are enough RPI killer teams in the nonconference that WSU's OOC SOS gets dragged down despite the number of high quality teams.
LanceShock
MVC starter
MVC starter

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby specialsauce » November 29th, 2016, 3:55 pm

mule never said "expected".

Your point is still valid though. A UE fan commenting on scheduling is just hilarious all around.
specialsauce
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby LanceShock » November 29th, 2016, 3:59 pm

You're right, he never said that. I guess I noticed that it matches rpiforecast's expected OOC SOS.
LanceShock
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby mule » November 29th, 2016, 4:00 pm

specialsauce wrote:mule never said "expected".

Your point is still valid though. A UE fan commenting on scheduling is just hilarious all around.

:bow: I know. Any fan on this board east of the Mississippi river is not worthy of posting.
mule
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby uniftw » November 29th, 2016, 4:07 pm

mule wrote:

:bow: I know. Any fan on this board east of the Mississippi river is not worthy of posting.

When was the last time a team east of the Mississippi won a NCAA tournament game?
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby specialsauce » November 29th, 2016, 4:45 pm

uniftw wrote:
mule wrote:

When was the last time a team east of the Mississippi won a NCAA tournament game?

:+1:
:oops:
specialsauce
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby TheAsianSensation » November 30th, 2016, 9:40 am

I feel like I should ban anyone referencing current SoS and RPI numbers before Jan 1. :D There's going to be a lot of volatility and inaccuracy in those numbers.

That said, this league's in a bit of at-large trouble.

Wichita's SoS will be fine, BTW. The tricky thing about playing Long Beach St is that they'll tank everyone's SoS because they're losing every game they play. That problem should resolve itself.
http://bracketball.blogspot.com/ A national version of the world-famous TAS Bracketology. Spread the word
TheAsianSensation
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby uniftw » November 30th, 2016, 11:04 am

TheAsianSensation wrote:I feel like I should ban anyone referencing current SoS and RPI numbers before Jan 1. :D There's going to be a lot of volatility and inaccuracy in those numbers.

Wichita's SoS will be fine, BTW. The tricky thing about playing Long Beach St is that they'll tank everyone's SoS because they're losing every game they play. That problem should resolve itself.

UNI and WSU are going to get hurt by South Dakota State as well.

Expected to be pretty good and they are sitting at 2-6

EDIT:
Take that back... 1-6 vs D1. Only win was over UW-Milwaukee who has 1 D1 win (UC Irvine)
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby SubGod22 » November 30th, 2016, 12:20 pm

Ouch. Would have thought SDSU would be fairly decent. That does indeed look like an unexpected bad game.
www.wheatshockers.com

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

Unemployment insurance is a prepaid vacation for freeloaders.
SubGod22
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BCPanther » November 30th, 2016, 12:53 pm

uniftw wrote:
TheAsianSensation wrote:I feel like I should ban anyone referencing current SoS and RPI numbers before Jan 1. :D There's going to be a lot of volatility and inaccuracy in those numbers.

UNI and WSU are going to get hurt by South Dakota State as well.

Expected to be pretty good and they are sitting at 2-6

EDIT:
Take that back... 1-6 vs D1. Only win was over UW-Milwaukee who has 1 D1 win (UC Irvine)

Damnit TJ!

Give him a couple of years to really cheat and they'll be just fine.

It is disappointing that they won't be the Top 100 team everybody thought they were.
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball