Wichita BU game thread

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Wichita BU game thread

Postby ShoxNAwe » January 27th, 2016, 7:59 pm

You also cannot discount the influence and donations of multiple former Pizza Hut executives and fanchisees. I can count three off the topic of my head and that's only probably half of them. Look in the bottom 3 rows of Koch Arena and you will likely see all three of them.
ShoxNAwe
MVC starter
MVC starter

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Wufan » January 27th, 2016, 8:10 pm

Redhawk wrote:I don't know what all the fuss is about the Koch Brothers. I certainly wouldn't criticize WSU for what Charles has done to help them. Is it possible to convince the other Koch brother to be a major donor to the ISUr program!

This is totally correct. Saying that the Koch brothers run everything is incorrect. Suggesting that Koch pays assistant coaches under the table is incorrect. Tribe has also previously suggested that Shocker players are paid by the program. These suggestions are things that can not be proven or disproved on the internet so he gets to just throw them out there subtlety until they become commonly held belief. I have a big issue with that.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Singeril » January 27th, 2016, 11:52 pm

Tribe---So, then if you had said CAT POWERS OVER EVERYTHING (or even Komatsu) at Bradley you wouldn't think that held at least some kind of negative connotation? That the athletic department was controlled by outside forces? That CAT is calling the shots for the university and for the athletic program? That Cat picks the Coach, recruits the players, decides whether the team will play man to man or a zone?---After all, they Power over everything just like the Koch brothers, right?

Gee, I can't imagine how anyone would think that your original post wasn't meant as a jab at some major philanthropists and towards WSU.
Singeril
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby BirdsEyeView » January 28th, 2016, 8:46 am

Move on guys...

Every school has boosters (multiple), some more powerful than others due to their pocketbook. Each can influence in some manner the upgrades/changes within an athletic department just based on the money they allocate.

This is obvious knowledge across College athletics.

Move on.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Singeril » January 28th, 2016, 9:56 am

MVC2---that is obvious and true. It's also not the point. The point was that Tribe said that "The Koch Brothers" are the Powers over "all things WSU". It was a shot that needed to be called out and corrected. It simply isn't true. "The Koch Brothers" has become a national slam, often somewhat political, that is way off base and diminishes, at time, the great work that their philanthropic endeavors accomplish....and certainly not in just the multiple education institutions they support.
Singeril
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby Stickboy46 » January 28th, 2016, 10:08 am

Singeril wrote:MVC2---that is obvious and true. It's also not the point. The point was that Tribe said that "The Koch Brothers" are the Powers over "all things WSU". It was a shot that needed to be called out and corrected. It simply isn't true. "The Koch Brothers" has become a national slam, often somewhat political, that is way off base and diminishes, at time, the great work that their philanthropic endeavors accomplish....and certainly not in just the multiple education institutions they support.

I also don't think its fair to diminish the work that our Administration has done. Bardo has done some great things for WSU all around.
Stickboy46
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BirdsEyeView » January 28th, 2016, 10:26 am

Singeril wrote:MVC2---that is obvious and true. It's also not the point. The point was that Tribe said that "The Koch Brothers" are the Powers over "all things WSU". It was a shot that needed to be called out and corrected. It simply isn't true. "The Koch Brothers" has become a national slam, often somewhat political, that is way off base and diminishes, at time, the great work that their philanthropic endeavors accomplish....and certainly not in just the multiple education institutions they support.

Yes, I totally agree. But, I don't think he is trying to state it as a major negative that Koch has influence...hence the "Again, you are taking this as some sort of negative or criticism" comment from Tribe.

My point of my post was you all have pointed out the fallacies of his comments in two pages of posts of just how much influence Koch has. However, unless someone here is the Athletic Director or works within the university "brass", nobody can prove if their influence weighs much more than other boosters within the athletic dept. At the end of the day,it's just nice to have their money help out WSU athletics reach their goals.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Singeril » January 28th, 2016, 11:32 am

mvcfan2 wrote:

Yes, I totally agree. But, I don't think he is trying to state it as a major negative that Koch has influence...hence the "Again, you are taking this as some sort of negative or criticism" comment from Tribe.

My point of my post was you all have pointed out the fallacies of his comments in two pages of posts of just how much influence Koch has. However, unless someone here is the Athletic Director or works within the university "brass", nobody can prove if their influence weighs much more than other boosters within the athletic dept. At the end of the day,it's just nice to have their money help out WSU athletics reach their goals.

MVC2---totally appreciate what you are saying--and, for the most part, I agree. The reason it "went on for 2 pages" is because Tribe made a statement that he AS WELL can't substantiate and only "partially" retreated from. He may claim he "has sources". I can assure you, others do as well. I don't believe he is part of the university "brass". If he is to make some kind of statement like he did, he should be able to defend it just as much as you are "calling upon" others to potentially "defend" theirs. It was, after all, his initial statement that got this going. And, I disagree with you--I believe he indeed was trying to make it a "major negative". We may have to agree to disagree on that. It's pretty easy to throw around the name "Koch brothers" ala the national press---but is very ill advised when only one Koch brother seems to be actively involved with anything pertaining to WSU and who is only one amongst many major diverse donors to the university.
Singeril
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby BirdsEyeView » January 28th, 2016, 11:52 am

Fair enough. Sorry to get in the middle. I just think you have all made your point, by stating it in a variety of ways.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby moshock » January 28th, 2016, 11:57 am

mvcfan2 wrote:Fair enough. Sorry to get in the middle. I just think you have all made your point, by stating it in a variety of ways.

All I know is that I have ZERO say in "all things WSU" and have a very reliable sourse... :Cheers:
moshock
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball