Wichita BU game thread

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Wichita BU game thread

Postby James__SIU » January 25th, 2016, 3:35 am

And with that drop in RPI WSU's chance of making the NCAA tournament just went from 100% to 100%. I'm sure Bradley wishes they were a better team so when the shockers beat them it doesn't have to hurt WSU RPI.
James__SIU
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby BuBrave2006 » January 25th, 2016, 8:15 am

James__SIU wrote:And with that drop in RPI WSU's chance of making the NCAA tournament just went from 100% to 100%. I'm sure Bradley wishes they were a better team so when the shockers beat them it doesn't have to hurt WSU RPI.

We have bigger things to worry about than whether or not Wichita's RPI drops after they play us.
BuBrave2006
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Stickboy46 » January 25th, 2016, 8:43 am

BuBrave2006 wrote:
James__SIU wrote:And with that drop in RPI WSU's chance of making the NCAA tournament just went from 100% to 100%. I'm sure Bradley wishes they were a better team so when the shockers beat them it doesn't have to hurt WSU RPI.

We have bigger things to worry about than whether or not Wichita's RPI drops after they play us.

Well, those things go hand in hand. You fix those "bigger things" and WSU's RPI wont drop as much when we play you.
Stickboy46
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BuBrave2006 » January 25th, 2016, 9:08 am

Stickboy46 wrote:
BuBrave2006 wrote:

Well, those things go hand in hand. You fix those "bigger things" and WSU's RPI wont drop as much when we play you.

Right, and that's completely true. It would obviously be a benefactor of if we were better. I'm just saying that I couldn't really care less about whatever happens to Wichita's RPI after their second unit just beat us by 34 points.
BuBrave2006
All MVC
All MVC

Postby COUTEAU » January 25th, 2016, 11:30 am

BuBrave2006 wrote:
Right, and that's completely true. It would obviously be a benefactor of if we were better. I'm just saying that I couldn't really care less about whatever happens to Wichita's RPI after their second unit just beat us by 34 points.

Don't you know by now that the concerns of the school's team you cheer for means nothing?
If that team's loss, record, schedule, players, coach, administration, students, or fan base doesn't help Wichita State, it doesn't matter.
COUTEAU
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Cdizzle » January 25th, 2016, 11:36 am

It's shocking to me the number of people around here that still don't get it.

Interested to see where Bradley goes from here. Tough to tell if there are some pieces in there or not, but I think Wardle did the right thing in just blowing it all up and starting over. JuCo guards would probably be a good idea.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby LanceShock » January 25th, 2016, 11:58 am

Bradley at least has a new coach and is trying to right the ship. If Wardle bringing in all those freshmen works, it will be very beneficial for the league.

It is teams like MSU where they doubled down and a coach who isn't getting it done and are stuck with him that are a bigger problem.
LanceShock
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby BirdsEyeView » January 25th, 2016, 11:59 am

Cdizzle wrote:It's shocking to me the number of people around here that still don't get it.

Interested to see where Bradley goes from here. Tough to tell if there are some pieces in there or not, but I think Wardle did the right thing in just blowing it all up and starting over. JuCo guards would probably be a good idea.

I think he understands that every team needs to improve to make the conference better (scheduling, record, RPI, etc.), but what he is saying is he could give a rats a** about WSU RPI going down right now as Bradley has much bigger fish to fry internally. He isn't giving WSU pity over there RPI drop at all...nobody outside of WSU fans care that your RPI dropped even though we all understand the underlying premise of the issue.

Your problems are equivalent to a billionaire losing $1K in the stock market. Boo hoo.
His problems are equivalent to a homeless man losing all of his change and not having any money for food to survive. His problems are much bigger.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Stickboy46 » January 25th, 2016, 12:01 pm

COUTEAU wrote:
BuBrave2006 wrote:

Don't you know by now that the concerns of the school's team you cheer for means nothing?
If that team's loss, record, schedule, players, coach, administration, students, or fan base doesn't help Wichita State, it doesn't matter.

Well, I'm not saying that should do it to help WSU. But their lack of improvement to help themselves DOES hurt the rest of the league (not just Bradley). Even Evansville, with a great year for them, screwed themselves (and the rest of the league) by scheduling horribly OOC. Teams need to put themselves in position to play in the post season. That's an unrealistic expectation of 10-11 freshmen, so I wasn't trying to trash on Bradley, just pointing out how it affects the teams that ARE trying to be competitive at the top.
Stickboy46
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Stickboy46 » January 25th, 2016, 12:02 pm

mvcfan2 wrote:
Cdizzle wrote:It's shocking to me the number of people around here that still don't get it.

I think he understands that every team needs to improve to make the conference better (scheduling, record, RPI, etc.), but what he is saying is he could give a rats a** about WSU RPI going down right now as Bradley has much bigger fish to fry internally. He isn't giving WSU pity over there RPI drop at all...nobody outside of WSU fans care that your RPI dropped even though we all understand the underlying premise of the issue.

Your problems are equivalent to a billionaire losing $1K in the stock market. Boo hoo.
His problems are equivalent to a homeless man losing all of his change and not having any money for food to survive. His problems are much bigger.

I think everything you said is true, but it appears that no one outside of WSU (and maybe UNI, ISUr) appear to care about their own RPI as well.
Stickboy46
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball