ISU vs Drake

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

ISU vs Drake

Postby Rollbird5 » January 26th, 2016, 8:57 pm

ISU wins 76-64

Drake showed a lot of fight battling back from multiple double digit deficits but ISU was hot tonight.

McIntosh stays hot and keeps showing why everyone was so high on him when he was recruited. 25 points 7 reb 3 assists 3 steals
Rollbird5
All MVC
All MVC

ISU vs Drake

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: ISU vs Drake

Postby hot nuts » January 26th, 2016, 9:10 pm

Bulldogs certainly represents how Drake played in the two games against ISUr this year. Birds are really stroking it from 3 at home lately. Feels great now...but I'm afraid it can go sour at anytime.
hot nuts
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Wufan » January 26th, 2016, 9:18 pm

Rollbird5 wrote:ISU wins 76-64

Drake showed a lot of fight battling back from multiple double digit deficits but ISU was hot tonight.

McIntosh stays hot and keeps showing why everyone was so high on him when he was recruited. 25 points 7 reb 3 assists 3 steals

MM has looked good in a few games I've seen him in this year.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby musiccitybulldog » January 26th, 2016, 9:36 pm

I remember thinking how athletic ISUR looked against SD State early in the season. Then in Des Moines they looked even more athletic and hit some threes. This time looked very athletic and hit a lot of threes.

Too many turn overs for the Bulldogs.
musiccitybulldog
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Rollbird5 » January 26th, 2016, 10:44 pm

Wufan wrote:
Rollbird5 wrote:ISU wins 76-64

MM has looked good in a few games I've seen him in this year.

Averaging 19.8 last 6 games, I think he's really turned the corner and taken his game to the next level. Can do pretty much anything on the court, hope he can keep it up!
Rollbird5
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Redhawk » January 27th, 2016, 7:46 am

ISUr is starting to look like the team Redbird fans had hoped for in 2016 but they have only proved
they can beat the bottom of the Valley. Need to show they keep it going on the road at MSU and Loyola
before the chance to match up with the Shockers. Hopefully they will have Griffin back by then!
Redhawk
All MVC
All MVC

Postby mathewson10 » January 27th, 2016, 9:04 am

ISUr showed athleticism, dunks, & 3 pters (felt great to see all these things) but they aren't going to make 15 3's every game. Individuals caused a lot of turnovers but the team defense was very suspect against a 5 win team. I'm still waiting for ISUr to blow someone out instead of playing at the level of their competition. They were well on their way this game but allowed a 10-0 run & a 7-0 run in the last 12 minutes of the game to tighten the gap.

Drake did a great job of attacking the lane against ISUr which has been a defensive weakness most of the season. I feel Drake has improved & will steal away a couple MVC games before the season is over as long as they reduce the turnovers. Timmer has played great & at times reminded me a little of Adam Emmenecker (I still have championship nightmares from that guy)
mathewson10
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby DUBulldog » January 27th, 2016, 9:19 am

mathewson10 wrote:Drake did a great job of attacking the lane against ISUr which has been a defensive weakness most of the season. I feel Drake has improved & will steal away a couple MVC games before the season is over as long as they reduce the turnovers. Timmer has played great & at times reminded me a little of Adam Emmenecker (I still have championship nightmares from that guy)

Interesting. Emmenecker and Timmer both good players, but I don't think there are many similarities in their game. Emmenecker much more of a passer, Timmer much more of a scorer.

Bulldog fans growing increasingly frustrated with Giacoletti and his usage of personnel. Every Drake fan I've talked to thinks the major problem is the two Big 10 transfers, but Giacoletti still gives them 30-35 minutes per game. I suppose after he spent all of last season telling us (Drake fans) how great those two were, he won't admit his mistake.
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Cdizzle » January 27th, 2016, 10:21 am

Did the Redbirds finally learn how to shoot? They could be pretty tough if they've figured out how to put the ball in the hole with some regularity. Looks like McCloud has come out of his absolutely dreadful slump and is now lighting the world on fire.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BirdsEyeView » January 27th, 2016, 10:37 am

Cdizzle wrote:Did the Redbirds finally learn how to shoot? They could be pretty tough if they've figured out how to put the ball in the hole with some regularity. Looks like McCloud has come out of his absolutely dreadful slump and is now lighting the world on fire.

The last two games the offense has come alive, albeit, against the lower end of the conference. McCloud's shooting has opened up the floor and taken teams out of a zone, which benefits Purcell, McIntosh, etc. to cause mis-matches 1v1 and force doubles to open up the floor a bit.

With all that said, they still need a larger sample size of success leading into the WSU game....we will see if that happens.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball