ISU vs Drake

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: ISU vs Drake

Postby Cdizzle » January 27th, 2016, 4:28 pm

DUBulldog wrote:Timmer is extremely dependent on his left hand, but is improving in this area. In one recent game, he made two right handed layups after driving in with a right handed dribble.

:o
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby mathewson10 » January 28th, 2016, 1:22 pm

DUBulldog wrote:
mathewson10 wrote:Drake did a great job of attacking the lane against ISUr which has been a defensive weakness most of the season. I feel Drake has improved & will steal away a couple MVC games before the season is over as long as they reduce the turnovers. Timmer has played great & at times reminded me a little of Adam Emmenecker (I still have championship nightmares from that guy)

Interesting. Emmenecker and Timmer both good players, but I don't think there are many similarities in their game. Emmenecker much more of a passer, Timmer much more of a scorer.

Bulldog fans growing increasingly frustrated with Giacoletti and his usage of personnel. Every Drake fan I've talked to thinks the major problem is the two Big 10 transfers, but Giacoletti still gives them 30-35 minutes per game. I suppose after he spent all of last season telling us (Drake fans) how great those two were, he won't admit his mistake.

I totally agree one is a scorer & one is a passer. I meant more in a sense that they have the same build, attitude, energy, & finesse.
mathewson10
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Wufan » January 28th, 2016, 7:20 pm

mathewson10 wrote:
DUBulldog wrote:
mathewson10 wrote:Drake did a great job of attacking the lane against ISUr which has been a defensive weakness most of the season. I feel Drake has improved & will steal away a couple MVC games before the season is over as long as they reduce the turnovers. Timmer has played great & at times reminded me a little of Adam Emmenecker (I still have championship nightmares from that guy)

Interesting. Emmenecker and Timmer both good players, but I don't think there are many similarities in their game. Emmenecker much more of a passer, Timmer much more of a scorer.

Bulldog fans growing increasingly frustrated with Giacoletti and his usage of personnel. Every Drake fan I've talked to thinks the major problem is the two Big 10 transfers, but Giacoletti still gives them 30-35 minutes per game. I suppose after he spent all of last season telling us (Drake fans) how great those two were, he won't admit his mistake.

I totally agree one is a scorer & one is a passer. I meant more in a sense that they have the same build, attitude, energy, & finesse.

Skin color? :o
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball