UE vs SIU

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: UE vs SIU

Postby UE-grad » January 28th, 2016, 9:44 pm

hot nuts wrote:Wish I saw it...Sounds like it was a classic. I guess Marty out coached Barry. That's how it works, right? Losing coach was out coached and should be fired.

I should have withheld my comment until after Barry didn't foul, up 3, full length of the court, 5 sec to go & 4 team fouls.

UE played 4 guys 41+ min and Mislav had 37. I thought tired legs were hampering the Aces all night.
Not developing the bench for saving legs and future help almost bit them in the rear tonight.
UE-grad
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby BirdsEyeView » January 28th, 2016, 9:48 pm

UE-grad wrote:
UE played 4 guys 41+ min and Mislav had 37. I thought tired legs were hampering the Aces all night.
Not developing the bench for saving legs and future help almost bit them in the rear tonight.

It probably will in upcoming games or in St. Louis
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Purple Aces » January 28th, 2016, 10:06 pm

mvcfan2 wrote:
UE-grad wrote:

That's A Given! Marty wears his starters into the ground every season. It only took 22 games for Marty to figure out that the best place for his son, is the bench.
Purple Aces
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On

Postby Ace75 » January 28th, 2016, 10:21 pm

Purple Aces wrote:
mvcfan2 wrote:
UE-grad wrote:

That's A Given! Marty wears his starters into the ground every season. It only took 22 games for Marty to figure out that the best place for his son, is the bench.

:huh: Marty thinks he's a first team all MVC player! :bow:
Ace75
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby mvcfan31 » January 28th, 2016, 10:28 pm

I get that Marty is playing his starters a lot (I agree to much at times), but what else can he do tonight? They were down by 13 ten minutes into the game, and once they finally got back into the game in the second half the Aces were still barely hanging on at times.

I also want to make a second point, BARRY HINSON is the coach of the year. Hands down. No question about it. So happy for him and the MVC is better off with SIU being good. Hope they come out in big numbers in STL.
mvcfan31
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby James__SIU » January 28th, 2016, 11:01 pm

Instant classic for sure. Can't even be that upset as a diehard SIU fan. Evansville made the clutch plays when they had to all night, all the credit to them. It was everything a college game should be. Hinson said in the post game that every one of the 4 timeouts (in the last 8 secs of the game) he said to the team "that if they get the ball inbounds foul them immediately". Vincent just couldn't pull the trigger on the foul when he needed to. SIU now has to win at UNI or they will be in 5th or 6th place by this time next week. Which they haven't won at the McLeod center in...oh that's right...they have never won there. :cry:

Oh and when every valley team got one conference loss WSU lead was insurmountable. I'm just happy SIU is fighting for top 4 in a year they were projected 9th.
James__SIU
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby Championz » January 28th, 2016, 11:08 pm

That was a pretty fun game to watch. Both teams hit clutch shots in regulation.

Kind of a shame somebody had to lose.
Championz
All MVC
All MVC

Postby PurpleAcesFootball » January 29th, 2016, 9:09 am

Great win. The Aces showed a lot of heart and a lot of toughness. It's been way too long.

I still don't understand the starters or player rotations. Pretty much the same as Wichita.

@WSU - no subs the last 12:30
@SIU - no subs the last 16 minutes

There was a dip in energy between the under 8 and under 4 timeout both games. The only difference was SIU missed their shots when UE couldn't come up with a rebound or loose ball. Frankamp buried it for WSU.
PurpleAcesFootball
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby mathewson10 » January 29th, 2016, 9:23 am

Great game! Definitely made me excited for Arch Madness!
mathewson10
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby tribecalledquest » January 29th, 2016, 11:04 am

Was not fouling a call from Barry or did the players just not foul when they were told to?

Inexcusable either way.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball