UE vs WSU

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: UE vs WSU

Postby Cdizzle » February 1st, 2016, 11:01 am

PurpleAcesFootball wrote:[ I've heard them all but it boils down to this - the head coach would rather fatten up on cupcakes

Ah. Now I get it. Not sure how I had been missing this. Well done, sir.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Stickboy46 » February 1st, 2016, 11:58 am

Cdizzle wrote:
PurpleAcesFootball wrote:[ I've heard them all but it boils down to this - the head coach would rather fatten up on cupcakes

This has so many meanings that someone could run with. I'm not going to because I have no reason to believe he's not a decent guy that would deserve those comments.
Stickboy46
All MVC
All MVC

Postby PurpleAcesFootball » February 1st, 2016, 1:43 pm

Stickboy46 wrote:
Cdizzle wrote:

This has so many meanings that someone could run with. I'm not going to because I have no reason to believe he's not a decent guy that would deserve those comments.

LOL. That is quite the double entendre. I wish I was that quick witted, but I'm not. I'll take it as a compliment though. :D

Let me rephrase so it's not taken out of context: The coach would rather boost his season win total by playing 200+ RPI teams, commonly referred to as cupcakes.

I guess I could have said 'Beating up the Little Sisters", but then I'd offend the Catholics, and with Lent coming up and all...
PurpleAcesFootball
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby BuBrave2006 » February 1st, 2016, 2:22 pm

PurpleAcesFootball wrote:

LOL. That is quite the double entendre. I wish I was that quick witted, but I'm not. I'll take it as a compliment though. :D

Let me rephrase so it's not taken out of context: The coach would rather boost his season win total by playing 200+ RPI teams, commonly referred to as cupcakes.

I guess I could have said 'Beating up the Little Sisters", but then I'd offend the Catholics, and with Lent coming up and all...

Are you saying that comment was unintentional. If so, that is absolutely fantastic.

I picked up on it immediately and assumed it written specifically with that analogy.
BuBrave2006
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Ricardo del Rio » February 2nd, 2016, 11:46 am

I've heard them all but it boils down to this - the head coach would rather fatten up on cupcakes

He probably keeps his job with 20+ wins.
rdr
Ricardo del Rio
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby AndShock » February 2nd, 2016, 6:06 pm

Is it possible that Marty legitimately doesn't understand anything about RPI or SoS? Obviously a coach that has an NCAA caliber team should have a solid grasp on that or at least have an assistant who does, but Andy Reid has been an NFL head coach for 16 years and doesn't know how a clock works so anything is possible.
AndShock
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby PurpleAcesFootball » February 2nd, 2016, 8:30 pm

AndShock wrote:Is it possible that Marty legitimately doesn't understand anything about RPI or SoS? Obviously a coach that has an NCAA caliber team should have a solid grasp on that or at least have an assistant who does, but Andy Reid has been an NFL head coach for 16 years and doesn't know how a clock works so anything is possible.

I honestly think there is at least some chance that is partially true. I think the schedule was put together to try to get X number of wins and X number of home games.

I think the mentality was that 21-22 wins would be good enough, and the postseason would be secured. It's the same athletic department that likes to boast 5 postseason appearances in 8 years. Never mind that it was 2 CBIs and 3 CITs.

It makes me think about Bull Durham and his pursuit of the minor league home run record.
PurpleAcesFootball
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball