SIU at UNI

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

SIU at UNI

Postby bigdawg » January 31st, 2016, 4:38 pm

Panthers lead 48-44 with 10 minutes to go. Would be cool to bury the Panthers into Thursday night.
bigdawg
All MVC
All MVC

SIU at UNI

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: SIU at UNI

Postby PantherSigEp » January 31st, 2016, 5:09 pm

Sorry, someone else is going to have to do that. Panthers win 67-58. SIU still winless in the McLeod Center.

Bennett Koch dominates Bola and Djimde today. 23 pts and 11 or 12 rebounds for the Sophomore big man. Washpun and Beane have themselves a battle as both go for 16 and had some chippy moments. Sean O'Brien put in a strong game for SIU. I thought he looked like the Salukis best player.
[Insert snappy comeback]
PantherSigEp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Rollbird5 » January 31st, 2016, 5:15 pm

PantherSigEp wrote:Sorry, someone else is going to have to do that. Panthers win 67-58. SIU still winless in the McLeod Center.

Bennett Koch dominates Bola and Djimde today. 23 pts and 11 or 12 rebounds for the Sophomore big man. Washpun and Beane have themselves a battle as both go for 16 and had some chippy moments. Sean O'Brien put in a strong game for SIU. I thought he looked like the Salukis best player.

Koch has slowly been getting a lot better over the course of the season, he will be a force the next 2 years
Rollbird5
All MVC
All MVC

Postby James__SIU » January 31st, 2016, 7:19 pm

Northern Iowa had to win this game. Shocked that SIU shot the ball so bad. 38% from the field, 22% from 3, and 46% from the line. The defense was amazing for Northern Iowa even at the FT line. Northern had 17 more free throws in the game too. All recipes for a loss. Good win, Northern Iowa.
James__SIU
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby UNIFanSince1983 » February 1st, 2016, 8:40 am

James__SIU wrote:Northern Iowa had to win this game. Shocked that SIU shot the ball so bad. 38% from the field, 22% from 3, and 46% from the line. The defense was amazing for Northern Iowa even at the FT line. Northern had 17 more free throws in the game too. All recipes for a loss. Good win, Northern Iowa.

Part of the fact that we had more free throws was your bigs couldn't handle Koch on the block so they resorted to fouling him. Now I will admit that the game was very poorly officiated on both ends. It was terribly inconsistent.
UNIFanSince1983
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Stickboy46 » February 1st, 2016, 9:04 am

UNIFanSince1983 wrote:
James__SIU wrote:Northern Iowa had to win this game. Shocked that SIU shot the ball so bad. 38% from the field, 22% from 3, and 46% from the line. The defense was amazing for Northern Iowa even at the FT line. Northern had 17 more free throws in the game too. All recipes for a loss. Good win, Northern Iowa.

Part of the fact that we had more free throws was your bigs couldn't handle Koch on the block so they resorted to fouling him. Now I will admit that the game was very poorly officiated on both ends. It was terribly inconsistent.

Your bigs at home tend to get a terribly friendly whistle. It definitely can cause issues for the other team. I know WSU would have been in trouble if they didn't have 4 big men to rotate through.
Stickboy46
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Cdizzle » February 1st, 2016, 9:36 am

Stickboy46 wrote:Your bigs at home tend to get a terribly friendly whistle. It definitely can cause issues for the other team. I know WSU would have been in trouble if they didn't have 4 big men to rotate through.

Agreed. If Morris fell over every time somebody looked at him, I wonder if he would get the same calls.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby PantherSigEp » February 1st, 2016, 12:53 pm

I wonder if some of you keep the tinfoil industry in business all on your own.

Southern Illinois is 2nd in the league in personal fouls. Bola averages 4/game. Djimde averages 2 (with about 9.5 mins/game). They foul. A lot. Not shocking that they both got called for a lot of fouls considering Bola had to spend a bunch of time on the bench.
[Insert snappy comeback]
PantherSigEp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Cdizzle » February 1st, 2016, 12:55 pm

Flop City say what?
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby PantherSigEp » February 1st, 2016, 1:42 pm