Games for FEB. 2nd and 3rd

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Postby James__SIU » February 2nd, 2016, 10:51 am

FEB 2nd
Drake @ Indiana State (Sycamores -10) - Anything other than a comfortable Sycamore win would surprise me.

Bradley @ Missouri State (Bears -14.5) - Again I would guess MSU would win easily but I'm not sure they can cover 15 points.

FEB 3rd (wont know the official lines till tonight but I will guess my own)

SIU @ WSU (WSU -17) - Holding out hope that it can be at least a close game late into the 2nd. If it is anything like the first game it will be very disheartening for the dawgs.

Evansville @ Northern Iowa (Aces -3) - The Panthers didn't look dominate against SIU but won and Evansville is coming off a pretty competitive battle with WSU. So it is tough to get a read on this game for me. If I had to bet I'd say the Panthers will win. Looking forward to what should be a great game though.

Illinois State @ Loyola (Redbirds -2) - I expected Loyola to be better this year. Other than that game on Saturday against Indiana State they have not been all that impressive. Not sure they can keep it rolling against the Redbirds. I've got ISU stealing a road win in this one.

Decent chance there is a 4 way tie for 2nd after Wenesday. Let the madness begin.

If you guys prefer individual posts for these games feel free to start them. I just had an hour to kill and thought I'd get the conversations started. :Cheers:
James__SIU
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Games for FEB. 2nd and 3rd

Postby BirdsEyeView » February 2nd, 2016, 11:08 am

I like the consolidation into one joint post.

My Picks:
Indy St. - Should be easy win, but could see a high scoring affair here (take the over)
Missouri St. - Should be easy win, playing with confidence after the gifted win last Saturday
Wichita St. - More of the same with elite team in the conference
Northern Iowa - Get Big E in foul trouble early by feeding Koch
Loyola - hope I am wrong, but can't trust Muller or his players BBIQ on the road
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Rollbird5 » February 2nd, 2016, 11:08 am

After Wichita and before Drake/Bradley is going to be a huge mess which makes it kinda fun. Every game will matter from here on out for seeding purposes for arch madness. A win could raise u a spot or two or a los will drop u a spot or two.
Rollbird5
All MVC
All MVC

Postby LanceShock » February 2nd, 2016, 11:14 am

Evansville @ Northern Iowa could be an interesting one. This is an important game for both teams to make what they can of the rest of the season. While Northern Iowa doesn't need this game to stay out of the Thursday night games, it would give them some valuable margin for error going down the stretch.

For Evansville, the goal is now to secure 2nd place so they can play the winner of the 7-10 game. Will they rebound from WSU slamming the door shut on them in the race for the regular season title?

With the season winding down and the stakes increasing, I would count more on Jacobson than Simmons.
LanceShock
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby DUShock » February 2nd, 2016, 11:52 am

Are the 2/2 games on television or ESPN3?

Go Valley!

Go Shocks!!
DUShock
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby ACECARD » February 2nd, 2016, 11:56 am

LanceShock wrote:Evansville @ Northern Iowa could be an interesting one. This is an important game for both teams to make what they can of the rest of the season. While Northern Iowa doesn't need this game to stay out of the Thursday night games, it would give them some valuable margin for error going down the stretch.

For Evansville, the goal is now to secure 2nd place so they can play the winner of the 7-10 game. Will they rebound from WSU slamming the door shut on them in the race for the regular season title?

With the season winding down and the stakes increasing, I would count more on Jacobson than Simmons.

You probably would have counted on Hinson more than Simmons. An Aces win, or loss, would not be surprising.
ACECARD
All MVC
All MVC

Postby LanceShock » February 2nd, 2016, 12:16 pm

ACECARD wrote:
LanceShock wrote:Evansville @ Northern Iowa could be an interesting one. This is an important game for both teams to make what they can of the rest of the season. While Northern Iowa doesn't need this game to stay out of the Thursday night games, it would give them some valuable margin for error going down the stretch.

You probably would have counted on Hinson more than Simmons. An Aces win, or loss, would not be surprising.

Good point, I would have counted more on Hinson than Simmons as well. Like you said, Evansville-SIU could go either way.
LanceShock
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby DUShock » February 2nd, 2016, 3:06 pm

DUShock wrote:Are the 2/2 games on television or ESPN3?

Go Valley!

Go Shocks!!

Both are on ESPN 3
http://www.mvc-sports.com/mbasketball/s ... rEaRtUrK70
DUShock
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Stickboy46 » February 2nd, 2016, 7:32 pm

MSU currently beating Bradley 20-2 ... 9 minutes left in the first half. On pace for 8 points...
Stickboy46
All MVC
All MVC

Postby tribecalledquest » February 2nd, 2016, 8:10 pm

Stickboy46 wrote:MSU currently beating Bradley 20-2 ... 9 minutes left in the first half. On pace for 8 points...

The Bears let up and Bradley made a few shots. Amazingly its an eight point game at half...37-29.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball