Games for FEB. 2nd and 3rd

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Games for FEB. 2nd and 3rd

Postby James__SIU » February 4th, 2016, 12:09 am

ShoxNAwe wrote:Just too much Fred. Period. 12 points, 11 assists.

You could say a lot more about the game but yeah having 7 of the 8 best players on the court on the same team is going to equal a victory most of the time. SIU needed to shoot lights out and not turn the ball over to even make it competitive...20+ turnovers and 30% from the field. That was almost as embarrassing as being down 33 to WSU at Carbondale...Not one SIU player had a good game and that is all credit to the Shockers defense. I watched every second and the only enjoyable part from my perspective was listening to the Shocker broadcast team try and talk up any little thing that SIU did to try and create the illusion of drama in the second half.
James__SIU
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby hot nuts » February 4th, 2016, 9:29 am

Watched that SIU/WSU game last night...Shockers have really put it in high gear, they looked awesome. SIU played hard and I thought pretty well but WSU just kept coming at them non-stop on both ends of the court. It's hard to see how anybody in conference can keep up with that barrage for for 40 minutes to beat 'em.
hot nuts
All MVC
All MVC

Postby mathewson10 » February 4th, 2016, 9:46 am

Rollbird5 wrote:ISU wins 78-70 and McIntosh continues to be a Beast! He's going to have to keep it up for us to stay in it on Saturday

Which Big Ten school do you think he will transfer to next season? ;)
mathewson10
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Stickboy46 » February 4th, 2016, 11:01 am

hot nuts wrote:Watched that SIU/WSU game last night...Shockers have really put it in high gear, they looked awesome. SIU played hard and I thought pretty well but WSU just kept coming at them non-stop on both ends of the court. It's hard to see how anybody in conference can keep up with that barrage for for 40 minutes to beat 'em.

Ironically ... I bet today's practice will be a rough one for the team. WSU got out-rebounded by 17. It wasn't a great game for WSU .. yet still managed to win by 21.
Stickboy46
All MVC
All MVC

Postby RoyalShock » February 4th, 2016, 11:44 am

Stickboy46 wrote:
hot nuts wrote:Watched that SIU/WSU game last night...Shockers have really put it in high gear, they looked awesome. SIU played hard and I thought pretty well but WSU just kept coming at them non-stop on both ends of the court. It's hard to see how anybody in conference can keep up with that barrage for for 40 minutes to beat 'em.

Ironically ... I bet today's practice will be a rough one for the team. WSU got out-rebounded by 17. It wasn't a great game for WSU .. yet still managed to win by 21.

While there were a few missed box-outs, I think the coach's film study will reveal that quite a few of those O-boards the Salukis pulled down were due to long carems of missed 3-pointers, of which they missed . . . wait for it . . . 17!
RoyalShock
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby Stickboy46 » February 4th, 2016, 12:04 pm

RoyalShock wrote:
Stickboy46 wrote:

While there were a few missed box-outs, I think the coach's film study will reveal that quite a few of those O-boards the Salukis pulled down were due to long carems of missed 3-pointers, of which they missed . . . wait for it . . . 17!

I completely agree, I just know how much Marshall hates getting out rebounded ha! and he's always looking to improve, even in blowout wins.
Stickboy46
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball