Valley Fantasy Draft

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Valley Fantasy Draft

Postby Redhawk » February 4th, 2016, 8:15 am

If you could take one player off another team to add to your roster who would you choose?
I do understand that WSU doesn't really need anybody else so this is more a question for
the log jam of teams 2-10. Is there one player that could elevate your team towards
the top of the Valley?

For most teams it would likely be either Van Vleet or Baker but for ISUr I would chose Baker.
He just brings the toughness and BBIQ that the Redbirds are sorely lacking and would fit in perfectly
at the 2 guard spot.
Redhawk
All MVC
All MVC

Valley Fantasy Draft

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Valley Fantasy Draft

Postby BuBrave2006 » February 4th, 2016, 8:20 am

Is this just for this season? or could we keep freshman for multiple years??

Obviously Bradley has a plethora of issues, but if I'm taking one player for this year, its Egidijus. We've gotten a little bit more consistency out of our guards with DLO, Suggs and Pittman, but completely lack any consistent inside presence. Mock is a no brainer for me.

If we get to keep a freshman, I would want McDuffie.
BuBrave2006
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Redhawk » February 4th, 2016, 8:26 am

I was really only asking for this season only...not a keeper league!
Redhawk
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BirdsEyeView » February 4th, 2016, 9:20 am

Redhawk really?

We need a point guard who can help with our BBIQ and elevate and showcase the ability of our wings. Fred VanVleet is the easy choice for ISUr.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Redhawk » February 4th, 2016, 9:36 am

Mvcfan2...can't go wrong either way. I just chose Baker because I think Paris Lee would be a lot better
point guard with a strong 2 guard beside him. Plus Baker would add another longer athletic zone defender that Coach DM loves.

Not sure the Van Vleet w/Wills or Lee combo would be better than a Lee/Baker pairing.
Redhawk
All MVC
All MVC

Postby shockem » February 4th, 2016, 10:39 am

For WSU, I'd take Mock. It would be nice to have another high quality post. Shaq has been doing great lately, but Grady is a fouling machine. Mock, however, would not be playing 30+ minutes a game, he'd fall into the rotation and get his 20+ minutes.
shockem
All MVC
All MVC

Postby shocktheheart » February 4th, 2016, 10:41 am

shockem wrote:For WSU, I'd take Mock. It would be nice to have another high quality post. Shaq has been doing great lately, but Grady is a fouling machine. Mock, however, would not be playing 30+ minutes a game, he'd fall into the rotation and get his 20+ minutes.

Agreed Mock for the Shocks
“I’m gonna punch you in the ovary, that’s what I’m gonna do. A straight shot, right to the babymaker.”
shocktheheart
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BirdsEyeView » February 4th, 2016, 10:53 am

Redhawk wrote:Mvcfan2...can't go wrong either way. I just chose Baker because I think Paris Lee would be a lot better
point guard with a strong 2 guard beside him. Plus Baker would add another longer athletic zone defender that Coach DM loves.

Not sure the Van Vleet w/Wills or Lee combo would be better than a Lee/Baker pairing.

Couple of things...we have lost games due to Paris Lee turnovers and poor decision making. A major reflection of poor decisions is from the pg. Secondly, we have a bunch of wings already, but need a FVV. He is the best pg in the country (in my opinion) and would make that team exponentially better. He would run the offense and help control them late in games to not give up leads. We need a floor general, a leader, and somebody who can make everyone around them better.

Lee does not do that. FVV would.

This is easy in my opinion. Ron Baker is great, but the Redbirds play dumb and would need an FVV to overcome that.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Stickboy46 » February 4th, 2016, 10:58 am

shocktheheart wrote:
shockem wrote:For WSU, I'd take Mock. It would be nice to have another high quality post. Shaq has been doing great lately, but Grady is a fouling machine. Mock, however, would not be playing 30+ minutes a game, he'd fall into the rotation and get his 20+ minutes.

Agreed Mock for the Shocks

Definitely Mock. A Shaq/Grady/Mock combo down low would be killer. Could even do Shaq at the 4 and Mock at the 5.
Stickboy46
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Redhawk » February 4th, 2016, 11:30 am

Again mvcfan2...I can't argue with you on choosing Van Vleet. He IS the best pg in America and would
make any team better....especially ISUr.

This is fantasy anyways though and I'm just tired of seeing Tony Wills (4.8 ppg) as our starting 2 Guard
and would love to see our 5-out offense with Lee bringing the ball up with Baker & McIntosh on one side
and Purcell and Hawkins on the other. That's (5) double digit scorers that would be fun to watch!
Redhawk
All MVC
All MVC

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball