Valley Fantasy Draft

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Valley Fantasy Draft

Postby Cdizzle » February 4th, 2016, 12:52 pm

PantherSigEp wrote:Could you imagine a team's group of guards having to defend against Washpun, Baker and Morgan at the same time?

Yes. It would be less difficult than having to guard FVV, Baker, and Brown/McDuffie at the same time.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby BirdsEyeView » February 4th, 2016, 1:39 pm

Cdizzle wrote:
mvcfan2 wrote:He is the best pg in the country (in my opinion)

You don't have to hedge. We all know it is a fact.

:Cheers:
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BirdsEyeView » February 4th, 2016, 1:41 pm

Redhawk wrote:Again mvcfan2...I can't argue with you on choosing Van Vleet. He IS the best pg in America and would
make any team better....especially ISUr.

This is fantasy anyways though and I'm just tired of seeing Tony Wills (4.8 ppg) as our starting 2 Guard
and would love to see our 5-out offense with Lee bringing the ball up with Baker & McIntosh on one side
and Purcell and Hawkins on the other. That's (5) double digit scorers that would be fun to watch!

Fair enough. That would be fun to watch and agreed on Tony Wills, but I think if Roland Griffin were healthy he would be starting at the 2 Guard.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby shockem » February 4th, 2016, 2:59 pm

Addressing Ill State fans, you would do better having Fred as your PG than Baker at SG with Paris Lee. Fred will make the other guys better and you don't need all 5 guys contributing on offense to be effective (see Evan Wessel). Baker would better than Wills by a mile, but if you want to make your ballclub better, you go with Fred.
shockem
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Redhawk » February 4th, 2016, 3:33 pm

You are 100% correct Shockem. I just plugged in Baker to what I thought was the biggest hole in the ISUr starting lineup but there is little doubt that Van Vleet would make the biggest difference in wins and loses.

I saw Fred play several times in high school and even then I admired his BBIQ and the calmness
that he played with during intense game situations. Unfortunately that is exactly what Paris Lee and the rest of the Redbirds are missing.
Redhawk
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BirdsEyeView » February 4th, 2016, 3:58 pm

Redhawk wrote:You are 100% correct Shockem. I just plugged in Baker to what I thought was the biggest hole in the ISUr starting lineup but there is little doubt that Van Vleet would make the biggest difference in wins and loses.

I saw Fred play several times in high school and even then I admired his BBIQ and the calmness
that he played with during intense game situations. Unfortunately that is exactly what Paris Lee and the rest of the Redbirds are missing.

Hence my original post challenging your Ron Baker choice..I even talked about BBIQ, do I not exist to you Redhawk? Apparently it took a WSU fan who probably doesn't watch the Birds play every game to suddenly 100% agree....strange.

FVV was the easy and most obvious choice and that was decided on the 4th post of this thread for ISUr.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby DUBulldog » February 4th, 2016, 4:04 pm

Definitely FVV. Weak point guard play is what has killed the Bulldogs this season (well, that any many other things, but this is #1 on the list).
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Cdizzle » February 4th, 2016, 4:17 pm

It does not matter what team you are, or what your biggest weakness is. If you have the 2nd best PG in the league by a mile, and 4 other shitty players, it doesn't matter. The answer is FVV.

For literally every team in the country.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Redhawk » February 4th, 2016, 8:08 pm

mvcfan2....I told you that I couldn't argue with you regarding FVV and the BBIQ ISUr was lacking.
If what irked you was the 100% comment... what I meant was I got what you and virtually everyone else said
Regarding FVV.

I think Baker has a really high BBIQ as well and would also bring a lot of leadership to the Redbirds.
Would they win more games with FVV...who knows... they might actually win more with Mock.

That is the point of the discussion. How would adding one player factor into more success.
I thought a few would take FVV, some Baker and some Mock. I didn't realize that the answer for
virtually every team in the country is FVV!
Redhawk
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Wufan » February 4th, 2016, 9:30 pm

Cdizzle wrote:
PantherSigEp wrote:Could you imagine a team's group of guards having to defend against Washpun, Baker and Morgan at the same time?

Yes. It would be less difficult than having to guard FVV, Baker, and Brown/McDuffie at the same time.

Literally EXACTLY what I was thinking.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball