Valley Fantasy Draft

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Valley Fantasy Draft

Postby Cdizzle » February 5th, 2016, 10:39 am

Redhawk wrote:
Cdizzle wrote:
Redhawk wrote:Fact is though that Mark Few saw something in Ron Baker that he preferred to have him on the team over Fred.

1. It wasn't about taking Ron over Fred. They were at different positions. It was about taking Ron over the other 2 guards at the camp.

My point isn't about taking Ron over Fred either. It's taking Baker over Wills & McCloud!

Fair enough. But if my job is to improve a team, regardless of that team's strengths and weaknesses, my first add is Fred.

We all know you wouldn't want a whining, head-throwing prima donna on your team anyway.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby glm38 » February 5th, 2016, 10:53 am

If I were starting a team this year I would take VanVleet, Baker, and Mock. In that order. In picking VanVleet over Baker I don't necessarily think he's better. It's that he's a great PG. And that position impacts the whole team more than SG does.

If I were building for the future elwith young players I would take McDuffie and Obi Church. In that order.
Last edited by glm38 on February 5th, 2016, 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BirdsEyeView » February 5th, 2016, 10:54 am

You keep talking about Wills and McCloud....it's Roland Griffin. He started until he injured his foot. Here is your lineups with both

Taking FVV:
pg - FVV
sg - Roland Griffin
sf - DAP
sf/pf - McIntosh
pf/c - Hawkins

Taking Baker:
pg - Lee
sg - Ron Baker
sf - DAP
sf/pf - McIntosh
pf/c - Hawkins

I like option 1. Defensively and BBIQ we get a ton better. FVV Is a gamer and with Roland Griffin we have a potential Freshman of Year candidate if he didn't get hurt. Imagine somebody who can run the offense and put those "athletic and most talented players in the Valley" in the right positions to succeed.

Just like in football - your success starts with an elite QB. Without it, you will not win the Super Bowl. Same can be said for pg in college basketball.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BirdsEyeView » February 5th, 2016, 10:55 am

glm38 wrote:If I were starting a team this year I would take VanVleet, Baker, and Mock. In that order. In pickin VanVleet over Baker I don't necessarily think he's better. It's that he's a great PG. And that position impacts the whole team more than SG does.

If I were building for the future elwith young players I would take McDuffie and Obi Church. In that order.

Future - McDuffie and McIntosh
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Cdizzle » February 5th, 2016, 10:58 am

mvcfan2 wrote:
glm38 wrote:If I were starting a team this year I would take VanVleet, Baker, and Mock. In that order. In pickin VanVleet over Baker I don't necessarily think he's better. It's that he's a great PG. And that position impacts the whole team more than SG does.

Is McIntosh a soph this year?
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Cdizzle » February 5th, 2016, 11:00 am

glm38 wrote:If I were starting a team this year I would take VanVleet, Baker, and Mock. In that order. In picking VanVleet over Baker I don't necessarily think he's better. It's that he's a great PG. And that position impacts the whole team more than SG does.

Agree on every point. I think you have made the point I was trying to make, but much more eloquently.
Last edited by Cdizzle on February 5th, 2016, 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BirdsEyeView » February 5th, 2016, 11:07 am

Cdizzle wrote:
mvcfan2 wrote:

Is McIntosh a soph this year?

Yup
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Cdizzle » February 5th, 2016, 11:15 am

mvcfan2 wrote:Yup

Do you have his stats from the last however many games he seems to have turned it on consistently?
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby shockem » February 5th, 2016, 11:20 am

The Valley has a pretty solid group of sophomores. WSU's Shaq Morris/Zach Brown/Conner Frankamp/Rashard Kelly are all gonna be big time players next year.
shockem
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BirdsEyeView » February 5th, 2016, 11:20 am

Cdizzle wrote:
mvcfan2 wrote:Yup

Do you have his stats from the last however many games he seems to have turned it on consistently?

16.4 ppg in the last 7 (includes a 2 pointer at Bradley).

2x had 25 points vs SIU and Drake
21 vs Loyola and he was a beast against them

Quote from Porter Moser after Wednesday game on McIntosh:
“He was a difference maker. He’s a load down there. He physically dominated us,” said Moser of the 6-foot-7, 234-pound sophomore forward. “He gets low and when he’s taking it to the basket he’s a train. Then he’s knocking down some shots. He looked as hard as anyone we’ve had to guard this year.”

Mac is our best player, DAP has deferred and I am sure Gregg Marshall will know that and defend him accordingly on Saturday.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball