Valley Fantasy Draft

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Valley Fantasy Draft

Postby UNIFanSince1983 » February 5th, 2016, 11:47 am

glm38 wrote:If I were starting a team this year I would take VanVleet, Baker, and Mock. In that order. In picking VanVleet over Baker I don't necessarily think he's better. It's that he's a great PG. And that position impacts the whole team more than SG does.

If I were building for the future elwith young players I would take McDuffie and Obi Church. In that order.

Just look at how WSU performed when Fred wasn't in the lineup. He is what makes the engine go on that team. Plenty of other great players especially Ron, but I think most teams would need Fred first.
UNIFanSince1983
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby scotte101 » February 5th, 2016, 12:31 pm

If we're adding a player to our current roster, I add Baker to MSU as we don't have anyone that can consistently stretch the defense.

If I'm starting a team from nothing, I'll take FVV as my first pick.

yes, that's hard for me to pick to Wichita guys to add, but in my opinion, they're the best backcourt in the country. I love/hate watching them play. :)

hurry up and graduate boys :)
scotte101
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby bleach » February 5th, 2016, 7:05 pm

Are coaches available?
bleach
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Wufan » February 5th, 2016, 9:43 pm

Mock is the easy/obvious choice for WSU. Shaq Mooris is doing very well, averaging 8 and 4 plus a block per game in 15 minutes during conference play. Nowhere near Mock in rebounds per 40, but who is?

McIntosh really has looked good. You could see it last year, but he just wasn't quite there. I'm hopeful that Rashard Kelly turns the corner in a similar way as they are similar players (with one being much, much better).

I'm liking some of the forwards in the MVC next year: Shaq Morris, Rashard Kelly, Eric Hamilton, Markis McDuffie, Bola O, Sean O'Brien, Koch v3.3, OB Church, Donte Ingram, McIntosh, Hawkins, Brandon Murphy, Van Bree, and Barker. Nice group.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby shocktheheart » February 5th, 2016, 10:12 pm

Wufan wrote:Mock is the easy/obvious choice for WSU. Shaq Mooris is doing very well, averaging 8 and 4 plus a block per game in 15 minutes during conference play. Nowhere near Mock in rebounds per 40, but who is?

McIntosh really has looked good. You could see it last year, but he just wasn't quite there. I'm hopeful that Rashard Kelly turns the corner in a similar way as they are similar players (with one being much, much better).

I'm liking some of the forwards in the MVC next year: Shaq Morris, Rashard Kelly, Eric Hamilton, Markis McDuffie, Bola O, Sean O'Brien, Koch v3.3, OB Church, Donte Ingram, McIntosh, Hawkins, Brandon Murphy, Van Bree, and Barker. Nice group.

I would bet Hamilton isn't at WSU next year
“I’m gonna punch you in the ovary, that’s what I’m gonna do. A straight shot, right to the babymaker.”
shocktheheart
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Redhawk » February 5th, 2016, 11:43 pm

Agree with you Wufan about the young talent in the valley....but you left off Roland Griffin.
Most of the valley has missed him because of the toe injury but the kid can play.
Yes MVCFan2 ...I hear you...he might be the best freshman at ISUr since Osiris!
Redhawk
All MVC
All MVC

Postby PurpleAcesFootball » February 6th, 2016, 7:34 am

For 9 teams the list starts and ends with FVV. College basketball is such a guard dominated sport, a good PG is hard to come by. Look at any team that suffers an injury to its starting PG and there is a team that will struggle.

Honestly my fantasy draft would rather see a player OFF the Aces than add one to it. I think his minutes and production could easily be replaced or redistributed to the remaining players. That way I could enjoy this year's team completely without focusing on the negatives of player rotations. It's like the 900 lb. gorilla in the room.

Yep. That is a selfish, semi-irrational post. But isn't that what message boards are for? :D
PurpleAcesFootball
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Wufan » February 6th, 2016, 7:41 am

Redhawk wrote:Agree with you Wufan about the young talent in the valley....but you left off Roland Griffin.
Most of the valley has missed him because of the toe injury but the kid can play.
Yes MVCFan2 ...I hear you...he might be the best freshman at ISUr since Osiris!

Is Griffin a 3/4? I was under thimpression he was a 2/3.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Redhawk » February 6th, 2016, 9:08 am

Griffin is 6-7 210 and really athletic so I guess you could say he is a 2/3/4 in the Valley.
Not sure yet if he is a good enough ball handler to play a lot of 2 though.
Redhawk
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Cdizzle » February 6th, 2016, 1:47 pm

Redhawk wrote:Griffin is 6-7 210 and really athletic so I guess you could say he is a 2/3/4 in the Valley.
Not sure yet if he is a good enough ball handler to play a lot of 2 though.

Can he guard a 2?
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball