Valley Fantasy Draft

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Valley Fantasy Draft

Postby Redhawk » February 8th, 2016, 7:24 am

Drakey wrote:For the Bulldogs it has to be somebody who can create his own shot with a no movement offense, and he has to have some size. Is there a player like that in the Valley?

Yes...Mikyle McIntosh
Redhawk
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby BirdsEyeView » February 8th, 2016, 8:56 am

Redhawk wrote:
Drakey wrote:For the Bulldogs it has to be somebody who can create his own shot with a no movement offense, and he has to have some size. Is there a player like that in the Valley?

Yes...Mikyle McIntosh

:+1:
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby tribecalledquest » February 8th, 2016, 12:11 pm

Redhawk wrote:Agree with you Wufan about the young talent in the valley....but you left off Roland Griffin.
Most of the valley has missed him because of the toe injury but the kid can play.
Yes MVCFan2 ...I hear you...he might be the best freshman at ISUr since Osiris!

Saying he is the best FR since Osiris is a REAL stretch.

Signed,

Nic Moore and Reggie Lynch
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Redhawk » February 8th, 2016, 2:17 pm

tribecalledquest wrote:
Redhawk wrote:Agree with you Wufan about the young talent in the valley....but you left off Roland Griffin.
Most of the valley has missed him because of the toe injury but the kid can play.
Yes MVCFan2 ...I hear you...he might be the best freshman at ISUr since Osiris!

Saying he is the best FR since Osiris is a REAL stretch.

Signed,

Nic Moore and Reggie Lynch

Who?????

I actually said MIGHT not IS. That could have been determined better if he had not been in a boot for the majority of the Valley season.
Redhawk
All MVC
All MVC

Postby tribecalledquest » February 8th, 2016, 2:34 pm

It doesn't matter if Griffin played all season. He isn't a better player as a freshman than Reggie Lynch and Nic Moore were for ISU. No chance.

And I think Griffin is a pretty good player.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Redhawk » February 8th, 2016, 3:27 pm

tribecalledquest wrote:It doesn't matter if Griffin played all season. He isn't a better player as a freshman than Reggie Lynch and Nic Moore were for ISU. No chance.

Actually I think it would have mattered. Muller always plays a heavy rotation in the non conference and then
scales it back for the Conference season. Just before the injuries struck Griffin had earned a starting spot and by now would be getting at least 24 minutes per game.

In the non conference there were only 5 games that Griffin got more than 24 mpg:
@ San Diego State - 13 pts
@ Kentucky - 14 Pts
TCU (Cancun) - 11 pts
@ St Josephs - 4 pts
Tenn State - 10 pts

That's a 10.4 avg against some really tough competition. Without the injury issues he would definitely be in same scoring range that Moore (8.67ppg) and Lynch (8.7ppg) put up as Freshman and he is a much more dynamic athlete than the two former Redbirds. Which MIGHT have made him the best Freshman since Osiris.
Redhawk
All MVC
All MVC

Postby tribecalledquest » February 8th, 2016, 3:42 pm

Redhawk wrote:
tribecalledquest wrote:It doesn't matter if Griffin played all season. He isn't a better player as a freshman than Reggie Lynch and Nic Moore were for ISU. No chance.

Actually I think it would have mattered. Muller always plays a heavy rotation in the non conference and then
scales it back for the Conference season. Just before the injuries struck Griffin had earned a starting spot and by now would be getting at least 24 minutes per game.

In the non conference there were only 5 games that Griffin got more than 24 mpg:
@ San Diego State - 13 pts
@ Kentucky - 14 Pts
TCU (Cancun) - 11 pts
@ St Josephs - 4 pts
Tenn State - 10 pts

That's a 10.4 avg against some really tough competition. Without the injury issues he would definitely be in same scoring range that Moore (8.67ppg) and Lynch (8.7ppg) put up as Freshman and he is a much more dynamic athlete than the two former Redbirds. Which MIGHT have made him the best Freshman since Osiris.

Wait...so you are only using the games where he got more than 24 minutes? And not the games he didn't? That's not a real solid way of doing it. Do the games he didn't play 24 minutes just magically not count?

I'm not sure I would call him a much more dynamic athlete than Reggie Lynch. Lynch was a game changing, shot blocking machine.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BirdsEyeView » February 8th, 2016, 4:01 pm

Love when people argue hypotheticals....like there will ever be a winner or loser.

Could Griffin have been a better Freshman than Lynch and Moore? Sure, but won't know...he is hurt
Could Griffin be worse too? Sure, but won't know...he is hurt
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Redhawk » February 8th, 2016, 4:52 pm

mvcfan2 wrote:Love when people argue hypotheticals....like there will ever be a winner or loser.

Could Griffin have been a better Freshman than Lynch and Moore? Sure, but won't know...he is hurt

Agreed mvcfan2...it's worthless to debate hypotheticals. We have been down that road before!

I can debate whether Griffin is a more dynamic athlete than Lynch or Moore though. Griffin is a well built 6-7 210 that was starting at 2 Guard in the Valley. How often have we seen that before?
Redhawk
All MVC
All MVC

Postby tribecalledquest » February 8th, 2016, 5:06 pm

Redhawk wrote:
mvcfan2 wrote:Love when people argue hypotheticals....like there will ever be a winner or loser.

Agreed mvcfan2...it's worthless to debate hypotheticals. We have been down that road before!

I can debate whether Griffin is a more dynamic athlete than Lynch or Moore though. Griffin is a well built 6-7 210 that was starting at 2 Guard in the Valley. How often have we seen that before?

What MVC games did he start at the two guard? Griffin is a forward. His guard skills aren't good enough to be a guard at this point. DAP is more of a guard than Griffin is currently.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball