Valley Fantasy Draft

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Valley Fantasy Draft

Postby Cdizzle » February 5th, 2016, 10:58 am

mvcfan2 wrote:
glm38 wrote:If I were starting a team this year I would take VanVleet, Baker, and Mock. In that order. In pickin VanVleet over Baker I don't necessarily think he's better. It's that he's a great PG. And that position impacts the whole team more than SG does.

If I were building for the future elwith young players I would take McDuffie and Obi Church. In that order.

Future - McDuffie and McIntosh

Is McIntosh a soph this year?
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Cdizzle » February 5th, 2016, 11:00 am

glm38 wrote:If I were starting a team this year I would take VanVleet, Baker, and Mock. In that order. In picking VanVleet over Baker I don't necessarily think he's better. It's that he's a great PG. And that position impacts the whole team more than SG does.

If I were building for the future elwith young players I would take McDuffie and Obi Church. In that order.

Agree on every point. I think you have made the point I was trying to make, but much more eloquently.
Last edited by Cdizzle on February 5th, 2016, 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BirdsEyeView » February 5th, 2016, 11:07 am

Cdizzle wrote:
mvcfan2 wrote:
glm38 wrote:If I were starting a team this year I would take VanVleet, Baker, and Mock. In that order. In pickin VanVleet over Baker I don't necessarily think he's better. It's that he's a great PG. And that position impacts the whole team more than SG does.

Future - McDuffie and McIntosh

Is McIntosh a soph this year?

Yup
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Cdizzle » February 5th, 2016, 11:15 am

mvcfan2 wrote:Yup

Do you have his stats from the last however many games he seems to have turned it on consistently?
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby shockem » February 5th, 2016, 11:20 am

The Valley has a pretty solid group of sophomores. WSU's Shaq Morris/Zach Brown/Conner Frankamp/Rashard Kelly are all gonna be big time players next year.
shockem
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BirdsEyeView » February 5th, 2016, 11:20 am

Cdizzle wrote:

Do you have his stats from the last however many games he seems to have turned it on consistently?

16.4 ppg in the last 7 (includes a 2 pointer at Bradley).

2x had 25 points vs SIU and Drake
21 vs Loyola and he was a beast against them

Quote from Porter Moser after Wednesday game on McIntosh:
“He was a difference maker. He’s a load down there. He physically dominated us,” said Moser of the 6-foot-7, 234-pound sophomore forward. “He gets low and when he’s taking it to the basket he’s a train. Then he’s knocking down some shots. He looked as hard as anyone we’ve had to guard this year.”

Mac is our best player, DAP has deferred and I am sure Gregg Marshall will know that and defend him accordingly on Saturday.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Rollbird5 » February 5th, 2016, 11:24 am

Cdizzle wrote:

last 8 games Points wise: @isub 20pts, @siu 25pts, E-ville 9pts, @Bradley 2pts, UNI 18pts, Drake 25pts, @Msu 16pts, @Loyola 21pts,

So last 8 games he's averaging 17ppg even with that 2 point performance against Bradley.
Going to be a tough test Saturday, hopefully he keeps it up cuz we will need him on his A game
Rollbird5
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Cdizzle » February 5th, 2016, 11:25 am

mvcfan2 wrote:
Cdizzle wrote:

16.4 ppg in the last 7 (includes a 2 pointer at Bradley).

2x had 25 points vs SIU and Drake
21 vs Loyola and he was a beast against them

Quote from Porter Moser after Wednesday game on McIntosh:
“He was a difference maker. He’s a load down there. He physically dominated us,” said Moser of the 6-foot-7, 234-pound sophomore forward. “He gets low and when he’s taking it to the basket he’s a train. Then he’s knocking down some shots. He looked as hard as anyone we’ve had to guard this year.”

Mac is our best player, DAP has deferred and I am sure Gregg Marshall will know that and defend him accordingly on Saturday.

Thanks!
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby UNIFanSince1983 » February 5th, 2016, 11:47 am

glm38 wrote:If I were starting a team this year I would take VanVleet, Baker, and Mock. In that order. In picking VanVleet over Baker I don't necessarily think he's better. It's that he's a great PG. And that position impacts the whole team more than SG does.

Just look at how WSU performed when Fred wasn't in the lineup. He is what makes the engine go on that team. Plenty of other great players especially Ron, but I think most teams would need Fred first.
UNIFanSince1983
All MVC
All MVC

Postby scotte101 » February 5th, 2016, 12:31 pm

If we're adding a player to our current roster, I add Baker to MSU as we don't have anyone that can consistently stretch the defense.

If I'm starting a team from nothing, I'll take FVV as my first pick.

yes, that's hard for me to pick to Wichita guys to add, but in my opinion, they're the best backcourt in the country. I love/hate watching them play. :)

hurry up and graduate boys :)
scotte101
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball