Ricardo del Rio
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Re: Saturday Feb 6

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby BirdsEyeView » February 8th, 2016, 11:42 am

It's not like ISUr had a great game either...for goodness sake we shot 2-21 to start the game!! Are you kidding me? We finished 27% from the field and WON.

Yes Wichita played poorly, but it's not like ISUr had their best game of the year either, in fact we had one of our worst first halves of the season.

Again, WSU matches up much better against everyone else in this conference due to their size, athleticism and depth. Are you better than the Birds? Yes. But, if you had to choose 1 team in STL to NOT play from our conference - who would that be?

I would say #1 Illinois State and #2 Evansville
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Aces1982 » February 8th, 2016, 11:51 am

mvcfan2 wrote:It's not like ISUr had a great game either...for goodness sake we shot 2-21 to start the game!! Are you kidding me? We finished 27% from the field and WON.

Yes Wichita played poorly, but it's not like ISUr had their best game of the year either, in fact we had one of our worst first halves of the season.

Again, WSU matches up much better against everyone else in this conference due to their size, athleticism and depth. Are you better than the Birds? Yes. But, if you had to choose 1 team in STL to NOT play from our conference - who would that be?

I can see the reply coming from 100 miles away. Your bad first half was because of the Shockers defense. Their bad second half is chalked up to a bad half. Your team will never get any credit from this poster. Its how he rolls.
Aces1982
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BirdsEyeView » February 8th, 2016, 11:58 am

Hahaha, it's funny how everyone on this board knows Championz tendencies as a poster.

I was ready to go home at halftime because we were playing so poorly. Missing layups, even dunks were NOT WSU's doing. The Birds were playing with way too much energy and excitement in the first half (not under control)....especially McIntosh and Purcell.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby bcg » February 8th, 2016, 12:03 pm

tribecalledquest wrote: The Sycs committed more turnovers than BU (that's hard to do).

Has BU won the turnover battle in any other game this year?
bcg
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby tribecalledquest » February 8th, 2016, 12:09 pm

bcg wrote:
tribecalledquest wrote: The Sycs committed more turnovers than BU (that's hard to do).

Has BU won the turnover battle in any other game this year?

I just looked. Twice before Saturday. Versus D2 Maryville 18 to 14 and vs Illinois State 15 to 12.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Ricardo del Rio » February 8th, 2016, 12:26 pm

mvcfan2 wrote:It's not like ISUr had a great game either...for goodness sake we shot 2-21 to start the game!! Are you kidding me? We finished 27% from the field and WON.

I see. Thanks for the put.
Ricardo del Rio
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Championz » February 8th, 2016, 12:26 pm

Aces1982 wrote:I can see the reply coming from 100 miles away. Your bad first half was because of the Shockers defense. Their bad second half is chalked up to a bad half. Your team will never get any credit from this poster. Its how he rolls.

2 posts the ENTIRE season and both of them about me and WSU.

Obsession most definitely noted.

How'd you like that ass whopping a couple weeks ago? Did you Welch out on anymore bets?
Championz
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Championz » February 8th, 2016, 12:30 pm

I'm sure Missouri State is scared of those Redbirds too.

I WANT to play Illinois State there. WANT.
Championz
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BirdsEyeView » February 8th, 2016, 12:41 pm

We are very inconsistent. But, when on can be one of the best teams in the league.

Our first 22 minutes on Saturday were DII level basketball (down 37-21). Our last 18 minutes was much much better.

Championz - you should now be cheering for us the rest of the season until we play you again on Senior Night. Are you smart enough to tell me why??
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball