Saturday Feb 6

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Saturday Feb 6

Postby Redbirdgrad » February 8th, 2016, 12:41 pm

Championz wrote:
I'm sure Missouri State is scared of those Redbirds too.

I WANT to play Illinois State there. WANT.

Championz, now you're just delusional. You want to play ISU and win because your heart rejoices anytime you beat us. But you're now 0 for 2 in the last couple of matchups and we seem to be a little bit of a stumbling block for you.

If you'd use your head, instead of your heart, you'd know that the easiest path to the MVC Tourney title is AVOIDING ISU. If you ask Marshall to draw up the perfect bracket you'd be going through everyone else. But even he would acknowledge ISU is the team he'd want to steer clear of. Not because we're better than you, but because we're the biggest threat. The problem for you is if you run into us in the semi's and lose again... at that point are we talking NIT?
Redbirdgrad
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Stickboy46 » February 8th, 2016, 12:59 pm

Redbirdgrad wrote:The problem for you is if you run into us in the semi's and lose again... at that point are we talking NIT?

Whoa .. lets back up from the overreaction here. Let's look at the fallout from Saturday's loss.

WSU Fell from 11 to 16 in Kenpom .. still 16 is a solid number.
Fell from 31 to 32 in RPI ... Not much change
22 to 24 in Coaches poll
21 to 25 in AP poll
24 to 26 in Lunardi's S-Curve (so 6 to 7 seed) - Last at large team is 46 ... so would need to drop 20 spots on the S-curve to fall out.

So WSU is a long way from the NIT right now.
Stickboy46
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BirdsEyeView » February 8th, 2016, 1:03 pm

Stickboy46 wrote:
Redbirdgrad wrote:The problem for you is if you run into us in the semi's and lose again... at that point are we talking NIT?

Whoa .. lets back up from the overreaction here. Let's look at the fallout from Saturday's loss.

WSU Fell from 11 to 16 in Kenpom .. still 16 is a solid number.
Fell from 31 to 32 in RPI ... Not much change
22 to 24 in Coaches poll
21 to 25 in AP poll
24 to 26 in Lunardi's S-Curve (so 6 to 7 seed) - Last at large team is 46 ... so would need to drop 20 spots on the S-curve to fall out.

So WSU is a long way from the NIT right now.

Agreed here. They are now a #7 seed after our loss according to Lunardi's Bracketology. A 2nd loss, especially if it doesn't come until the Valley championship or Semis will not move them to the NIT.

If they start losing 2-3 more games before Valley, then yes it's possible
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Redbirdgrad » February 8th, 2016, 1:04 pm

Stickboy, it was more of a tongue in cheek statement than an honest question. I do think Wichita has to be careful though. If another loss occurred in the semi's coupled with any other loss down the stretch, it'll be nailbiting time in Wichita. I think they're obviously one of the best teams in the country, deserving of a bid, but many could still have warranted doubts.

Luckily this year is happening after it has already earned a solid reputation. If this was the first year of a good run for Wichita there would be nothing to fall back on. Also, after the top tier of teams this year the NCAA is very mediocre, which works in your favor.

Hate the Shockers and love beating you guys, but I'll be pulling for you in every other game this year.
Redbirdgrad
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Rollbird5 » February 8th, 2016, 1:09 pm

If wsu loses two more regular season games and then in St. Louis then I'd say on the bubble but they're good, off top of my head is guess a 7 seed right now
Rollbird5
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Dean Wormer » February 8th, 2016, 1:23 pm

Championz wrote:
Aces1982 wrote:I can see the reply coming from 100 miles away. Your bad first half was because of the Shockers defense. Their bad second half is chalked up to a bad half. Your team will never get any credit from this poster. Its how he rolls.

2 posts the ENTIRE season and both of them about me and WSU.

Obsession most definitely noted.

How'd you like that ass whopping a couple weeks ago? Did you Welch out on anymore bets?

Oh good...another Baller-Aces82 20 page sissy-slap thread is starting up.
Dean Wormer
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby BuBrave2006 » February 8th, 2016, 1:33 pm

Rollbird5 wrote:If wsu loses two more regular season games and then in St. Louis then I'd say on the bubble but they're good, off top of my head is guess a 7 seed right now

While i agree with this statement, I don't think anyone sees them getting 3 more losses in the regular season. They'll be a double digit favorite in most of, if not all of their games the rest of the season.

Sure, theoretically they could potentially be only 3-4 losses away from the NIT, but realistically, they have a pretty safe road the rest of the way.
BuBrave2006
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Rollbird5 » February 8th, 2016, 5:55 pm

BuBrave2006 wrote:
Rollbird5 wrote:If wsu loses two more regular season games and then in St. Louis then I'd say on the bubble but they're good, off top of my head is guess a 7 seed right now

While i agree with this statement, I don't think anyone sees them getting 3 more losses in the regular season. They'll be a double digit favorite in most of, if not all of their games the rest of the season.

Sure, theoretically they could potentially be only 3-4 losses away from the NIT, but realistically, they have a pretty safe road the rest of the way.

Just threw out a hypothetical situation. Definitely agree with you tho, I don't see them losing again in the regular season, st louis maybe.
Rollbird5
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Championz » February 9th, 2016, 12:15 am

Redbirdgrad wrote:Championz, now you're just delusional. You want to play ISU and win because your heart rejoices anytime you beat us. But you're now 0 for 2 in the last couple of matchups and we seem to be a little bit of a stumbling block for you.

If you'd use your head, instead of your heart, you'd know that the easiest path to the MVC Tourney title is AVOIDING ISU. If you ask Marshall to draw up the perfect bracket you'd be going through everyone else. But even he would acknowledge ISU is the team he'd want to steer clear of. Not because we're better than you, but because we're the biggest threat. The problem for you is if you run into us in the semi's and lose again... at that point are we talking NIT?

You are the delusional one. You're on your high horse now that you've beaten WSU in the regular season for the first time in 6 years, by a whopping score of 58-53. Biggest threat? lol, please. Evansville is WSU's biggest threat, followed by UNI, and then probably Indiana State. Illinois State is just what they are, a mediocre team who caught WSU in a game they couldn't throw a ball in the ocean.

And then you follow up with an even bigger delusional point of WSU in the NIT. LOL. I mean yes, it was a very bad-looking loss losing to an Illinois State on the resume. But in no shape or form is WSU sniffing the NIT. LOL.

By the way, welcome back to the website. It's been a while, bandie.
Championz
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BirdFan50 » February 9th, 2016, 7:12 am

Championz wrote:
Redbirdgrad wrote:Championz, now you're just delusional. You want to play ISU and win because your heart rejoices anytime you beat us. But you're now 0 for 2 in the last couple of matchups and we seem to be a little bit of a stumbling block for you.

You are the delusional one. You're on your high horse now that you've beaten WSU in the regular season for the first time in 6 years, by a whopping score of 58-53. Biggest threat? lol, please. Evansville is WSU's biggest threat, followed by UNI, and then probably Indiana State. Illinois State is just what they are, a mediocre team who caught WSU in a game they couldn't throw a ball in the ocean.

And then you follow up with an even bigger delusional point of WSU in the NIT. LOL. I mean yes, it was a very bad-looking loss losing to an Illinois State on the resume. But in no shape or form is WSU sniffing the NIT. LOL.

By the way, welcome back to the website. It's been a while, bandie.

Umm...the last 2 WSU conference losses have been to the Redbirds so there's that.
BirdFan50
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball