sixth ace
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Saturday Feb 6

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Saturday Feb 6

Postby glm38 » February 6th, 2016, 12:00 pm

Aces Re really taking it to us so far. No doubt Evansville is better but disappointed in how we are playing so far.

Too bad Evansville doesn't have a little more depth. Their first 6 players are extremely talented. They kind of remind me of my Bears team that won the regular season championship in 10/11 in that regard. We totally ran out of gas in the post season and I'm afraid Evansville will too.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby acesfool » February 6th, 2016, 12:17 pm

The bears look like they have claws instead of hands.
acesfool
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby scotte101 » February 6th, 2016, 2:28 pm

acesfool wrote:The bears look like they have claws instead of hands.

yep...frustrating couple of years now. We've shown some grit this year though. Last year? not so much. I like the pieces we have returning with what is coming in as well. Should be a more consistent year next year.

man I hate saying "next year" almost every year...
scotte101
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby PurpleAcesFootball » February 6th, 2016, 3:43 pm

Congratulations to DJ Balentine on becoming Evansville's all-time leading scorer.

He took that title from Colt Ryan, who was a senior when DJ was a freshman. That means the last 7 years the school's eventual all-time leading scorer was on the team. Weird stat.
PurpleAcesFootball
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Rollbird5 » February 6th, 2016, 3:50 pm

PurpleAcesFootball wrote:Congratulations to DJ Balentine on becoming Evansville's all-time leading scorer.

He took that title from Colt Ryan, who was a senior when DJ was a freshman. That means the last 7 years the school's eventual all-time leading scorer was on the team. Weird stat.

Awesome congrats to DJ!
Rollbird5
All MVC
All MVC

Postby pafan » February 6th, 2016, 5:07 pm

glm38 wrote:Aces Re really taking it to us so far. No doubt Evansville is better but disappointed in how we are playing so far.

The player for MSU I thought looked most promising for you guys was Kreklow. Not a big guy at all (listed 6'4", I'd probably have guessed 6'0") but seems to have good skills on both ends.

OTOH, what was up with the Bears being called for all those over-the-back fouls attempting to rebound? I've never seen anything like it. 3 over-the-back calls on consecutive plays? :huh:
sad Evansville alum
pafan
MVC Valued Member
MVC Valued Member

Postby Cdizzle » February 6th, 2016, 6:04 pm

PurpleAcesFootball wrote:Congratulations to DJ Balentine on becoming Evansville's all-time leading scorer.

And if they win out, Evansville can ride that epic run of scoring to a .476 league win percentage.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby James__SIU » February 6th, 2016, 8:28 pm

SIU is playing like the 9th place team they were projected to be. Loyola up 46-33 with 11 to play. No offensive flow and can't make a shot. 35% from the floor. 21% from 3. Loyola looks like the dominate team.
James__SIU
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby PurpleAcesFootball » February 6th, 2016, 8:49 pm

Cdizzle wrote:

And if they win out, Evansville can ride that epic run of scoring to a .476 league win percentage.

Yep. Nothing to show for it but a few paid for wins.

For years I heard that the old arena and lack of practice facility were preventing talent from coming to UE. New arena, new practice facility, and talent seems to be there. What then could be the heavy anchor that is weighing the program down?
PurpleAcesFootball
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball