Saturday Feb 6

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Saturday Feb 6

Postby BirdsEyeView » February 7th, 2016, 12:41 am

jwa123 wrote:Loserz is an arrogant prick who lives vicariously through the success of others. That's why I call him Loserz; only losers gain their self esteem from what others accomplish because they are incapable of doing so themselves.

I have called him out on this many times. Championz is pretty down in the dumps right now though, borderline depressed, given the team he relates his self esteem to lost. Let's throw him a bone guys and be nice.

But, please feel free to stay with me here on this website as I call out his crap every time he spews it. Don't just come after a W, stick around. I'm sure this website moderator loves more visitors anyways (more ad $$$)
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Redbirdgrad » February 7th, 2016, 12:43 am

Championz wrote:
Where did you come from?

Coming out from under your rock only after a win is poor form. Bandwagonish, if you will.

I think the win might have locked up a CBI bid for you guys. Congrats.

Now now young man. Your bitterness will go away with a little rest and reflection. :Violin:
Redbirdgrad
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Championz » February 7th, 2016, 12:51 am

Redbirdgrad wrote:
Championz wrote:
Where did you come from?

Coming out from under your rock only after a win is poor form. Bandwagonish, if you will.

Now now young man. Your bitterness will go away with a little rest and reflection. :Violin:

CBI! CBI! CBI! :Yea!: :Yea!: :Yea!:
Championz
All MVC
All MVC

Postby jwa123 » February 7th, 2016, 1:19 am

Redbirdgrad wrote:
Championz wrote:
Where did you come from?

Oh you are so mature. :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
jwa123
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby mvcfan » February 7th, 2016, 7:36 am

Congrats Redbirds. Neither team played well. Shocks lost a big lead on the road. Birds obviously played a little better.
mvcfan
All MVC
All MVC

Postby glm38 » February 7th, 2016, 8:27 am

Nice win for the Redbirds. When that group of athletes when the hit shots and play smart they can beat anyone.

Tough loss for the Shockers. Obviously still the class of the Valley and they will be fine. I thought Wessel missing that 1:1 with 2 minutes left was a killer. I get what he's good at. Meaning defense, loose balls, etc. But wow he is such a liability on the offensive end in a lot of games. It's like the Shox are playing 4 on 5.

Not sure I've ever seen a game where VanVleet and Baker both missed that many shots. I'm not sure if we'll see that again.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby mathewson10 » February 7th, 2016, 10:50 am

Didn't think I was going to be able to make the game but at the last minute was able to make the trip to Normal. Glad I didn't miss this one! The switch to zone in the 2nd half was key & Paris Lee was huge down the stretch. It was nice to see the birds beat Baker & VanVleet in their last game at Redbird Arena. No Karate kicks tonight! Go Birds!
Last edited by mathewson10 on February 7th, 2016, 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mathewson10
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Redbird Recon » February 7th, 2016, 12:42 pm

Birds playing zone forced Gregg to play more shooters. That gave Illinois State an athletic advantage much of the second half. With that said, Wichita got decent looks. They just couldn't hit or rebound their misses like they usually do.

I found it interesting how often ISU looked to isolate Ron Baker on the defensive end.

Great game. Fun night. Best of luck to Wichita going forward. Unless Indiana State can put up a fight in TH, it looks like another 17-1 run.
Twitter: @RedbirdRecon
Blog: redbirdrecon.blogspot.com
Redbird Recon
All MVC
All MVC

Postby DUShock » February 7th, 2016, 12:45 pm

A congratulatory well done to the Redbirds.

ISUr overcame a sizable deficit, beat the Shocks on the boards and steals, and most importantly never gave up. Wichita State came out flat to start the second half and lacked poise the entire half. During the second half I was having flashbacks to my undergrad years in the early nineties (Cohen & Thompson years). I am still in shock (no pun intended) at only scoring 20 second half points.

Go Valley!

Go Shocks!!
DUShock
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Rollbird5 » February 7th, 2016, 1:03 pm

DUShock wrote:I am still in shock (no pun intended) at only scoring 20 second half points.

Go Valley!

Go Shocks!!

Nobody could score on that side of the floor, maybe there actually was a lid on that hoop lol
Rollbird5
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball