Saturday Feb 6

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Saturday Feb 6

Postby BirdsEyeView » February 9th, 2016, 1:55 pm

Let's take away Ron Baker last April and see you adjust quickly to overcome it.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Rollbird5 » February 9th, 2016, 1:55 pm

Dan muller coached teams have a pattern of finding their rhythm and peaking late in the year, by then it has been to late to get an at-large bid which is frustrating cuz if we played like we usually do end of conference in the non-con we would have a much better resume (hypothetically) and maybe a decent at large chance, or at least not be a "bad loss" for Wichita.
Rollbird5
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Stickboy46 » February 9th, 2016, 1:56 pm

mvcfan2 wrote:Let's take away Ron Baker last April and see you adjust quickly to overcome it.

I don't think Reggie Lynch was an All-American, but I think Marshall would have figured it out given 6 months of prep time.
Stickboy46
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Redbirdgrad » February 9th, 2016, 2:08 pm

Stickboy46 wrote:I don't think Reggie Lynch was an All-American, but I think Marshall would have figured it out given 6 months of prep time.

While I didn't agree with his initial comparison of Lynch to Baker, it's a little easier to "figure it out" when your entire scheme isn't based around said player.
Redbirdgrad
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Stickboy46 » February 9th, 2016, 2:10 pm

Redbirdgrad wrote:
Stickboy46 wrote:I don't think Reggie Lynch was an All-American, but I think Marshall would have figured it out given 6 months of prep time.

While I didn't agree with his initial comparison of Lynch to Baker, it's a little easier to "figure it out" when your entire scheme isn't based around said player.

While true, 6 months is plenty of time to adjust.
Stickboy46
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Redbird Recon » February 9th, 2016, 2:13 pm

Championz wrote:
Redbird Recon wrote:ISUr isn't a good basketball team, and that's likely the highlight of the season. I celebrated like it was 1998.

A voice of reason. Thank you Recon. And no, you're not a bandie.

It looks horribly bad that all of a sudden Redbird fans are on posting sprees now. Pretty sad. Your posts would be appreciative however since you aren't an insecure bandie like a few of your counterparts here.

I didn't post seeking your approval. I think the premise that ISUr fans shouldn't celebrate because we're not at your level is a ridiculous concept.

Wichita is a special program right; best team, best fanbase, best facilities, best reputation. "My" team beating "your" team is a big deal in my mind. Doing it twice in a row is an even bigger deal.

I understand Illinois State has had trouble getting traction with their limited success over the past season. We challenge well against top level teams, because we have the ability to recruit at a high level. Our issue is retainment.

Sure, we make mindless mistakes. That happens when so few players spend more than 2 years in the program. I think you're starting to see ISUr turn a corner in that regard with Lee, Hawkins and McIntosh coming on as of late.

It's a fun rivalry. I don't feel the need to attack people from Wichita, most of who are great people in person. Sit back and enjoy.

#BACK2BACK

:Cheers:
Twitter: @RedbirdRecon
Blog: redbirdrecon.blogspot.com
Redbird Recon
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Stickboy46 » February 9th, 2016, 2:16 pm

Redbird Recon wrote:
Championz wrote:
Redbird Recon wrote:ISUr isn't a good basketball team, and that's likely the highlight of the season. I celebrated like it was 1998.

A voice of reason. Thank you Recon. And no, you're not a bandie.

It looks horribly bad that all of a sudden Redbird fans are on posting sprees now. Pretty sad. Your posts would be appreciative however since you aren't an insecure bandie like a few of your counterparts here.

I didn't post seeking your approval. I think the premise that ISUr fans shouldn't celebrate because we're not at your level is a ridiculous concept.

Wichita is a special program right; best team, best fanbase, best facilities, best reputation. "My" team beating "your" team is a big deal in my mind. Doing it twice in a row is an even bigger deal.

I understand Illinois State has had trouble getting traction with their limited success over the past season. We challenge well against top level teams, because we have the ability to recruit at a high level. Our issue is retainment.

Sure, we make mindless mistakes. That happens when so few players spend more than 2 years in the program. I think you're starting to see ISUr turn a corner in that regard with Lee, Hawkins and McIntosh coming on as of late.

It's a fun rivalry. I don't feel the need to attack people from Wichita, most of who are great people in person. Sit back and enjoy.

#BACK2BACK

:Cheers:

There is that hash tag!

Is it too early for me to use #BACK2BACK2BACK yet? - Conference Championships

Its definitely too early for #BACK2BACK2BACK2BACK2BACK - NCAA tournament appearances

:D
Stickboy46
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Redbird Recon » February 9th, 2016, 2:22 pm

Stickboy46 wrote:There is that hash tag!

Its definitely too early for #BACK2BACK2BACK2BACK2BACK - NCAA tournament appearances

By all means! Celebrate your behinds off. It's a special time in Wichita.

ESPN2 picked up the game in Wichita!
Twitter: @RedbirdRecon
Blog: redbirdrecon.blogspot.com
Redbird Recon
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Stickboy46 » February 9th, 2016, 2:26 pm

Redbird Recon wrote:
Stickboy46 wrote:There is that hash tag!

By all means! Celebrate your behinds off. It's a special time in Wichita.

ESPN2 picked up the game in Wichita!

Should be a fun game. ESPN2. Senior night for 5 seniors. Avenging hopefully the only MVC loss this year. Gonna have to bring some earplugs :)
Stickboy46
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Redbirdgrad » February 9th, 2016, 2:32 pm

I'd be celebrating if I was WSU as well. Heck of a run. It's over soon though ;)

Funny parallel of the day?

WSU's longest streak in between NCAA tournament appearances was 18 years... from 1988 to 2006.
ISU's longest streak in between NCAA tournament appearances currently sits at 18 years... from 1998 to 2016...

Is this the year we get back to the big dance with a win in the MVC tourney?
Could this, along with some dynamic freshmen and sophomores lead to a few years of postseason runs from ISU?

We already know we can bang with the best of them. We shall see...
Redbirdgrad
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball