unipanther99
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Re: Championship sunday

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby PurpleAcesFootball » March 13th, 2016, 8:31 am

I'm holding out hope, but things don't look good to me. Another wasted chance at a real postseason for the Aces. The conference tournaments went as just about as bad as they could for NIT purposes.

I refuse to blame bad luck or an unlucky bounce though. If a batter takes a two strike pitch on the corner and gets called out looking- that's not bad luck.

Evansville gave away control of their postseason lives with scheduling and failing to take advantage of several potentially winnable games.

*fingers crossed for the next 12 hours
PurpleAcesFootball
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby UEACES80 » March 14th, 2016, 2:26 pm

From looking at several NIT projections over the weekend it looks like the two most likely teams who got shutout were Ole Miss and UE. Teams that grabbed their spots were some combo of Davidson, Long Beach State & Princeton. Very disappointed for the UE players but it could be worse as I could be a Monmouth fan. Monmouth did everything single thing the NCAA says for mid-majors to do to get in but NO they go with Syracuse from the P5. Additionally why did Tulsa get in over Monmouth. NCAA often equals inequality and politics.
UEACES80
MVC starter
MVC starter

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball