Championship sunday

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Championship sunday

Postby Aces1982 » March 5th, 2016, 11:25 pm

UE vs UNI. Both games these two played came down to the last possession. Should be a great game as both teams have everything to play for. Do or die. It's what makes conference tournaments great.

And Wichita St please leave this conference because your fans are a bunch of whine bags, at least the ones that post on message boards. They complain about St Louis, they complain about the MVC, they complain about the refs, they complain about other teams in conference. Go let them be Creighton and also ran. The ironic thing is they ridiculed Creighton for going to Big East and now they are dying to get into the Big East. Go away and take your arrogant fans with you. Again, at least some that post on here and other message boards.

Go Aces and good luck to UNI.
Aces1982
All MVC
All MVC

Championship sunday

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Championship sunday

Postby musiccitybulldog » March 6th, 2016, 7:16 am

I predict an old fashioned barnburner. Cars will be lined up for miles on I-64 as Evansvillian's make their way to St. Louis. Northern Iowa fans are already wondering who they can upset this time in the NCAA tourney.

This ones too close to call. Let the two best teams go at it. Lots of popcorn and I m ready to watch.
Last edited by musiccitybulldog on March 6th, 2016, 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
musiccitybulldog
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby acesfool » March 6th, 2016, 9:05 am

We can't afford to waste this gift of a championship game appearance.
acesfool
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Play Angry » March 6th, 2016, 9:05 am

I am pulling for UE today, not because of any animosity toward UNI, but because I believe this will be their last realistic chance to make the NCAA Tournament for a very, very long time (perhaps ever). Full recognition that most Aces fans are not low T, no ethics, fair weather shitbags whose existence singlehandedly revitalizes pro-eugenics arguments like OP.

Hopefully it is a well-played game and I will be rooting for the winner in a few weeks when the real fun begins. I also hope and believe WSU will join them in the dance to make this another multi-bid year for the Valley.

Good luck Aces and Panthers!
Play Angry
All MVC
All MVC

Postby glm38 » March 6th, 2016, 9:10 am

It's too bad one team has to lose. I'd like to see both teams in the tournament. I actually think these two and WSU are tournament worthy from a talent standpoint (not by resume)and all 3 have the potential to make a run.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby stl scooter » March 6th, 2016, 10:16 am

UNI is 0-2 in their games after playing WSU this year. Washpun & Bohannon both played 42 minutes in Saturday's win. Fatigue might come into play today.
The preceding lesson in basketball is free of charge.
stl scooter
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby isumvc1 » March 6th, 2016, 10:47 am

agree, wish both teams could win, both deserve it. But being from Indiana I'll be cheering for Evansville to win today. So go Aces!
isumvc1
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby isumvc1 » March 6th, 2016, 12:57 pm

I hate it when these dam* CBS 11am games run long before the MVC title game, happens every freaking year
isumvc1
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby PantherSigEp » March 6th, 2016, 1:42 pm

isumvc1 wrote:I hate it when these dam* CBS 11am games run long before the MVC title game, happens every freaking year

Thankfully they cut it around tip-off and told those fans they could finish watching the game online
[Insert snappy comeback]
PantherSigEp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby bryce » March 6th, 2016, 2:10 pm

Marty"the mule" Simmons fails to make adjustments and is getting schooled by Jacobsen.
bryce
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball