Championship sunday

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Championship sunday

Postby ACECARD » March 8th, 2016, 7:52 pm

acesfool wrote:
ShoxINDST wrote:I think UE with the talent they have could of been a at large if they had a descent non- con. Someone there should of built a tougher schedule. I know seeing them come to Terre haute has always been a killer. I respect there players. Marty shouldve play Brozja more then his son

We could have at least had a schedule that gave us a chance at an atlarge bid. However, I saw nothing that would indicate that we would have beaten any top 50 teams.

i would have to agree.
ACECARD
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby UEACES80 » March 10th, 2016, 4:47 pm

[quote][We could have at least had a schedule that gave us a chance at an atlarge bid. However, I saw nothing that would indicate that we would have beaten any top 50 teams./quote]

I tend agree as UE lost at Arkansas as they simply had more athletic ability and that one 3 pt shooter was unbelievable. UE played well against Providence and still lost by 10.

Maybe UE can try to schedule Ball State, Butler and Valpo or a more regular basis.

I've always been intrigued with an Indiana pre season tourney with these six teams every year Ball State / IUPUI / IUPUFW / Valpo / UE and Indy State (in separate brackets to only meet in a championship)
Then have Indiana and Purdue (every other year) as well as Butler / Notre Dame (every other year).

I just think it would be a cool tournament that could allow for all teams to get 3 games in with reasonable travel costs. Butler / IU / ND / Purdue could host every fourth year.
UEACES80
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby E-Villan » March 10th, 2016, 5:20 pm

UEACES80 wrote:
[We could have at least had a schedule that gave us a chance at an atlarge bid. However, I saw nothing that would indicate that we would have beaten any top 50 teams./quote]

Maybe UE can try to schedule Ball State, Butler and Valpo or a more regular basis.

I've always been intrigued with an Indiana pre season tourney with these six teams every year Ball State / IUPUI / IUPUFW / Valpo / UE and Indy State (in separate brackets to only meet in a championship)
Then have Indiana and Purdue (every other year) as well as Butler / Notre Dame (every other year).

I just think it would be a cool tournament that could allow for all teams to get 3 games in with reasonable travel costs. Butler / IU / ND / Purdue could host every fourth year.

I like the idea, but Butler does not get equal footing in the state with IU and Purdue. UE and Butler were each other longest rivals, going back over 100 years. When UE moved to the Valley from the MCC, they made sure Butler remained on the OOC schedule every year. When Butler got into the Big East, UE was dropped immediately. WIth that in mind, I don't see them resuming the series. Screw them.

You can have the Indiana tournament at Conseco every year, conference mates, such as IU-Purdue, UE-ISU in different brackets. No need to designate a host school.
E-Villan
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby UEACES80 » March 11th, 2016, 11:15 am

I also thought of Conseco but price of it might or might not be a factor. The Big 3 (IU / ND & PU) as well Butler right now would need incentive to participate and that is why I suggested them hosting.

Another thought would be to simply:
Play in a preseason tournament (3) where we get 3 games guaranteed and likely 1 will be versus a Power Conference team.
Schedule annually (6) -- APSU / Ball State / Murray State / SLU / Valpo / WKU
Wildcard (2) -- Mix in 2 of the following annually Belmont / EIU / IUPUI / IUPUFW / SEMO / UT-Martin
Mt West Challenge game (1)

If BU / IU / ND / PU are willing to schedule home and away great if not I don't think we should chase them too hard.

Listed above are a 3 game tournament + 6 games annual + plus 2 wildcard games + Mt West Challenge Game and the 18 game MVC that only leaves one game on a 31 game schedule to offer up against any Power Conference Team that will schedule us be it the 4 Indiana schools / Louisville / UK / Illinois / Dayton / Xavier / Cincy / tOSU / Missouri all are reasonable bus rides - heck even DePaul / NIU / Maimi (Ohio) just not SWAC teams.
UEACES80
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby BirdsEyeView » March 11th, 2016, 11:44 am

UE Fans -

Did you know their is a Bracketology for NIT?

http://bracketmatrix.com/nit

6 seed currently.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Ricardo del Rio » March 12th, 2016, 11:01 am

BirdsEyeView wrote:UE Fans -

Did you know their is a Bracketology for NIT?

http://bracketmatrix.com/nit

6 seed currently.

That was ugly. I hope I never go there again.
Ricardo del Rio
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby unipanther99 » March 12th, 2016, 11:03 pm

5 SEC teams? Gross.
unipanther99
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby PurpleAcesFootball » March 13th, 2016, 8:31 am

I'm holding out hope, but things don't look good to me. Another wasted chance at a real postseason for the Aces. The conference tournaments went as just about as bad as they could for NIT purposes.

I refuse to blame bad luck or an unlucky bounce though. If a batter takes a two strike pitch on the corner and gets called out looking- that's not bad luck.

Evansville gave away control of their postseason lives with scheduling and failing to take advantage of several potentially winnable games.

*fingers crossed for the next 12 hours
PurpleAcesFootball
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby UEACES80 » March 14th, 2016, 2:26 pm

From looking at several NIT projections over the weekend it looks like the two most likely teams who got shutout were Ole Miss and UE. Teams that grabbed their spots were some combo of Davidson, Long Beach State & Princeton. Very disappointed for the UE players but it could be worse as I could be a Monmouth fan. Monmouth did everything single thing the NCAA says for mid-majors to do to get in but NO they go with Syracuse from the P5. Additionally why did Tulsa get in over Monmouth. NCAA often equals inequality and politics.
UEACES80
MVC starter
MVC starter

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball