NCAA tournament

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: NCAA tournament

Postby DUBulldog » March 13th, 2016, 5:14 pm

Des Moines regional is crazy.....Kansas, Kentucky, Indiana and UConn all here. Gonna be a lot of fun. Can probably make lots of money selling my tickets, but I know I'll be at the games.
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Play Angry » March 13th, 2016, 5:14 pm

BirdsEyeView wrote:Monmouth should be in. They scheduled up and played p5 teams anywhere.

BS for mid majors everywhere

Agreed.
Play Angry
All MVC
All MVC

Postby TheAsianSensation » March 13th, 2016, 6:38 pm

MSUDuo wrote:TAS, well done on hitting 67 out of 68 teams. Don't think anyone else will be able to match that this year.

Except after late switches, I ended on 66. Was actually at 65 but a last second switch of VCU saved me one.
http://bracketball.blogspot.com/ A national version of the world-famous TAS Bracketology. Spread the word
TheAsianSensation
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby TheAsianSensation » March 13th, 2016, 6:40 pm

TheAsianSensation wrote:
MSUDuo wrote:TAS, well done on hitting 67 out of 68 teams. Don't think anyone else will be able to match that this year.

Except after late switches, I ended on 66. Was actually at 65 but a last second switch of VCU saved me one.

By the way, everyone should look at the Bracket Matrix. It's not final, but look at the carnage for everyone. Most brackets so far went 64 of 68.
http://bracketball.blogspot.com/ A national version of the world-famous TAS Bracketology. Spread the word
TheAsianSensation
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby acepurple84 » March 13th, 2016, 7:16 pm

The NIT has snubbed the MVC for the first time in a long time. UE has declined any invitations from any other tourneys.
acepurple84
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Redbirdgrad » March 13th, 2016, 9:15 pm

acepurple84 wrote:The NIT has snubbed the MVC for the first time in a long time. UE has declined any invitations from any other tourneys.

This, to me, is worse than the Shockers seed.

No way should Evansville not be in that field.
Redbirdgrad
All MVC
All MVC

Postby sixth ace » March 13th, 2016, 9:28 pm

Best of luck to the Shockers and the Panthers

:Cheers:
ACES
ACES
ACES
I'M ONBOARD
sixth ace
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby sect.3purple » March 13th, 2016, 11:42 pm

UE deserved an NIT bid....25-9 record, 2nd-place finish in conference, lost by last-second shot in championship game....a lot of devastated fans, especially devastated that our 3 seniors, Wing, IGiddy, and DJ, who have worked so hard and set school and national records, do not get the opportunity to go to the Big Dance or the NIT. And, no, we are NOT accepting invitations to any of the lesser tournaments. Been there, done that!

I read that this is the first year that no MVC team is included in the NIT,,,,real hard to take We fans supported our team all year and we thank our seniors for giving us such great basketball!

Good luck to the Shockers and to the Panthers....win, win, win...and show the country how good MVC basketball is....our ACES wanted that chance...now it is up to you!

dj,
sect.3purple
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby squirrel » March 14th, 2016, 6:44 am

The NIT requires you to essentially have an NCAA-caliber resume since it goes through the same selection process as the NCAA Tournament, and about half the bids are guaranteed autobids to conference champions that don't win their league tourneys.

So, another reason why Valley teams must schedule better.
squirrel
All MVC
All MVC

Postby UNIFanSince1983 » March 14th, 2016, 7:33 am

NCAA bubble was too big for a team like Evansville to get in to the NIT this year unfortunately. It is a shame as they would have likely gone far, but that schedule really hurt.
UNIFanSince1983
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball