NCAA tournament

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: NCAA tournament

Postby Ricardo del Rio » March 14th, 2016, 3:23 pm

isumvc1 wrote:UNI-Texas, a winnable game for UNI!

Nothing would make me happier than for UNI to win. I am an Aggie and t.u. will always be a foe.

I have watched the tea sips play several times this year. While they have not be consistent, they can be pretty tough.

I do not know the point guard's name. He is a little fire plug and is a very good player. Washpun is the only Cat that guard him and he will have his hands full.

Go Cats! Make me proud.
Ricardo del Rio
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Ricardo del Rio » March 14th, 2016, 3:26 pm

PantherSigEp wrote:This is the worst selection show format I've ever seen. Someone needs to be fired at CBS

The whole bunch left a lot to be desired.
Ricardo del Rio
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Ricardo del Rio » March 14th, 2016, 3:30 pm

squirrel wrote:The NIT requires you to essentially have an NCAA-caliber resume since it goes through the same selection process as the NCAA Tournament, and about half the bids are guaranteed autobids to conference champions that don't win their league tourneys.

So, another reason why Valley teams must schedule better.

Yes, there is no way around it.

I know 20 wins will save the coach's job, but the outcome will be so damn disappointing.
Ricardo del Rio
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Ricardo del Rio » March 14th, 2016, 3:35 pm

Mike wrote:
And the Cuse is officially the worst at-large team in the history of everything.

Agreed. As one of the commentators on the selection show said, any team that loses to St. John's should not be in the NCAA

You are so right. I watched St. John's twice.

Gawd, they are awful.

Chris Mullen was a fine NBA player, but ...
Ricardo del Rio
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby SubGod22 » March 14th, 2016, 3:40 pm

Ricardo del Rio wrote:
Mike wrote:
And the Cuse is officially the worst at-large team in the history of everything.

Agreed. As one of the commentators on the selection show said, any team that loses to St. John's should not be in the NCAA

You are so right. I watched St. John's twice.

Gawd, they are awful.

Chris Mullen was a fine NBA player, but ...

Isn't this his first year? Or is it second? Either way, he did pretty much do what Wardle did at Bradley and started from scratch. I'd give him a little time before judging him too harshly.
www.wheatshockers.com

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

Unemployment insurance is a prepaid vacation for freeloaders.
SubGod22
All MVC
All MVC

Postby MSUDuo » March 14th, 2016, 5:45 pm

TheAsianSensation wrote:
TheAsianSensation wrote:
MSUDuo wrote:TAS, well done on hitting 67 out of 68 teams. Don't think anyone else will be able to match that this year.

Except after late switches, I ended on 66. Was actually at 65 but a last second switch of VCU saved me one.

By the way, everyone should look at the Bracket Matrix. It's not final, but look at the carnage for everyone. Most brackets so far went 64 of 68.

Had 65 my self. Actually switched Syracuse out and Monmouth in at 4pm. Thought I wanted so bad it would happen. Missed on St. Mary's and San Diego State too.
MSUDuo
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby mathewson10 » March 15th, 2016, 7:40 am

MSUDuo wrote:Vandy. What a crock.

WSU should not be in the play-in game

I'm glad two teams made it from the conference but I wouldn't complain about the seeding. WSU is lucky they are even in. Some reports I've read said they only made it because of past success. I'd say how well the fan base travels might play a big role too. That might be why some of the smaller schools who should have made it did not.

Regardless Congrats to the two teams that made the tourney. Definitely two winnable games!
mathewson10
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby SubGod22 » March 15th, 2016, 8:46 am

And there are other reports laughing at how underseeded we are and stuck in the play in game.
www.wheatshockers.com

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

Unemployment insurance is a prepaid vacation for freeloaders.
SubGod22
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BirdsEyeView » March 15th, 2016, 10:28 am

SubGod22 wrote:And there are other reports laughing at how underseeded we are and stuck in the play in game.

The overriding issue beyond your seeding is the value the committee continues to give mid-majors in general. Something needs to change to support mid-majors inclusion.

Syracuse, Tulsa, Michigan, Vandy - all should not be in.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Redbirdgrad » March 15th, 2016, 10:59 am

BirdsEyeView wrote:
SubGod22 wrote:And there are other reports laughing at how underseeded we are and stuck in the play in game.

The overriding issue beyond your seeding is the value the committee continues to give mid-majors in general. Something needs to change to support mid-majors inclusion.

Syracuse, Tulsa, Michigan, Vandy - all should not be in.

I agree with this post for the most part. There is a definite P5 bias going on right now with the at-large selections... especially in the last few years.

Careful with lumping Vandy in that group though. Their power numbers (those fought to be used to include Wichita this year despite the RPI and SOS) are actually very decent. BPI is even a spot ahead of Wichita's.

Vandy - 27 Kenpom, 24 BPI.

If we're going to have our pitchforks out, let's at least be accurate in doing so.
Redbirdgrad
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball