Marshall to Louisville? Now Memphis?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Marshall to Louisville? Now Memphis?

Postby Stickboy46 » April 8th, 2016, 2:22 pm

UEACES80 wrote:Jeff Goodman was on Memphis ESPN radio not long ago and said Greg Marshall is mutually interested in Memphis (and has been for some time), and he will move for $3.8 to $4 million per year.

Most, if not all, of these comments about what its going to take to get Gregg to Memphis seem to be starting from Gary Parrish ... who just happens to be a Memphis radio host (along with CBS). He also said on his radio that 4 out of 5 coaches on every teams wish list, contacted him this morning before he even woke up.

So in other words, he's trying to sound important to his fanbase (Memphis) and doubtful that he has any real info at this point.
Stickboy46
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby uniftw » April 8th, 2016, 2:39 pm

I don't think he takes the Memphis job, but let's play a small bit of hypothetical.

IF Marshall does take a different job this year does anyone on the roster leave?
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Stickboy46 » April 8th, 2016, 2:48 pm

uniftw wrote:I don't think he takes the Memphis job, but let's play a small bit of hypothetical.

IF Marshall does take a different job this year does anyone on the roster leave?

Maybe? Gotta see who WSU hires to replace him.
Stickboy46
All MVC
All MVC

Postby mvcfan » April 8th, 2016, 10:15 pm

We've been lucky to keep GM for nine years. Hopefully, we are lucky enough to keep him longer.
mvcfan
All MVC
All MVC

Postby acepurple84 » April 9th, 2016, 3:49 am

We should all be hoping he does not leave. Lets look at the money side. With Marshall at WSU and Jacobson at UNI we have had the pleasure of having two teams in the NCAA for a few years. That means revenue coming into all the schools, not just theirs. Yes we can root for our own team year in and year out, but int he end its the MONEY that pays the bills. With both in their position we can count on getting money flowing into the Athletic Departments of all the schools for a few more years
acepurple84
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby KCfan » April 9th, 2016, 7:44 am

If Marshall leaves, I think it's an indictment of the league. A vote of no confidence, if you will. I'm sure he has looked back at this past season and recognized how bad the Valley was and how that fact nearly kept his team out of the NCAA.

This is end of days stuff for the MVC if you asked me.
KCfan
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby SubGod22 » April 9th, 2016, 10:39 am

Is this the 3rd or 4th time that Parrish and Goodman have had Marshall leaving Wichita?
www.wheatshockers.com

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

Unemployment insurance is a prepaid vacation for freeloaders.
SubGod22
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Aargh » April 10th, 2016, 9:38 pm

The day that Parrish or Goodman says anything good about WSU will be the day they get checked into the institution. Those guys have a permanent hard-on for mid majors. Especially mid majors who dare to crash the NCAA party that they think should be reserved for the P5 schools.

Marshall leaving will not be the end of WSU basketball. WSU has shown that they have the fan support and $$$ support to hire a very competent replacement.
\
Memphis fans have given up on hiring Marshall and some are calling Steve Forbes the "next Marshall".

I believe the Marshall coaching tree has now produced more D1 coaches than any other active coach. There are something like 7 former Marshall assistants who are now D1 head coaches.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby PantherSigEp » April 11th, 2016, 10:44 am

Aargh wrote:The day that Parrish or Goodman says anything good about WSU will be the day they get checked into the institution. Those guys have a permanent hard-on for mid majors. Especially mid majors who dare to crash the NCAA party that they think should be reserved for the P5 schools

I don't want to get too detailed about your personal life Aargh. But doesn't the term "hard-on" refer to things that one might consider "pleasing" or to your tastes? If so, I think there is some contradiction to your middle sentence...maybe I'm just tired today.

I think I get your overall point that they don't like mid-majors and therefore the rumors they are perpetuating are malicious.
[Insert snappy comeback]
PantherSigEp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby uniftw » April 11th, 2016, 10:45 am

PantherSigEp wrote:
Aargh wrote:The day that Parrish or Goodman says anything good about WSU will be the day they get checked into the institution. Those guys have a permanent hard-on for mid majors. Especially mid majors who dare to crash the NCAA party that they think should be reserved for the P5 schools

I don't want to get too detailed about your personal life Aargh. But doesn't the term "hard-on" refer to things that one might consider "pleasing" or to your tastes? If so, I think there is some contradiction to your middle sentence...maybe I'm just tired today.

I think I get your overall point that they don't like mid-majors and therefore the rumors they are perpetuating are malicious.

Nah. Correct usage. When it comes to obsession, positive or negative, hard-on applies.
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball