Transfer out

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Transfer out

Postby DUBulldog » May 15th, 2016, 6:34 pm

shocktheheart wrote:Jeff Goodman ‏@GoodmanESPN 11m11 minutes ago

Drake 7-foot transfer Dominik Olejniczak told ESPN his top choices right now are California, Colorado, Florida, FSU and Ole Miss.

Olejniczak picked Ole Miss. No surprise. Within a day of hearing that Dom was leaving Drake, I had already heard rumors that Ole Miss was the school that tampered with him.
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby tribecalledquest » May 16th, 2016, 8:32 am

DUBulldog wrote:

Drake 7-foot transfer Dominik Olejniczak told ESPN his top choices right now are California, Colorado, Florida, FSU and Ole Miss.

Olejniczak picked Ole Miss. No surprise. Within a day of hearing that Dom was leaving Drake, I had already heard rumors that Ole Miss was the school that tampered with him.

I know people love to throw the "tamper" thing around. But I'm not sure its a big deal at all. It's not like players don't know they can leave.

I guess what I mean is I doubt Dom was totally solid at Drake until Ole Miss supposedly tampered with him. This is 2016. The number of back channel stuff going on is off the charts and impossible to monitor.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby veeny009 » May 16th, 2016, 1:42 pm

tribecalledquest wrote:
DUBulldog wrote:

I know people love to throw the "tamper" thing around. But I'm not sure its a big deal at all. It's not like players don't know they can leave.

I guess what I mean is I doubt Dom was totally solid at Drake until Ole Miss supposedly tampered with him. This is 2016. The number of back channel stuff going on is off the charts and impossible to monitor.

What's your point? Because its happening already that makes it okay?

(For the record, I'm 100% in favor of players ability to transfer - but I am against teams contacting players currently on another roster)
veeny009
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby SubGod22 » May 16th, 2016, 2:39 pm

I doubt there was direct contact. But I'm sure there was contact through others which seems to be acceptable. Schools reach out to a HS or AAU coach or something like that and then things get floated from there. There are always people you can legally talk to that can and will still pass your message along. If the kid finds out there's interest elsewhere and he's not happy or convinced he's where he needs to be, this gives them the confirmation that there are options.
www.wheatshockers.com

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

Unemployment insurance is a prepaid vacation for freeloaders.
SubGod22
All MVC
All MVC

Postby tribecalledquest » May 17th, 2016, 8:59 am

veeny009 wrote:
What's your point? Because its happening already that makes it okay?

(For the record, I'm 100% in favor of players ability to transfer - but I am against teams contacting players currently on another roster)

My point is that I don't think it happens in the clandestine, negative way everyone implies. As if a player were going to stay if not for the dirty, tampering team/coach contacting them.

These innocent players aren't being corrupted by the sweet whisperings of opposing coaches.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby veeny009 » May 17th, 2016, 10:21 am

95 times out of 100 I'd agree with you that the player was probably considering leaving anyways. I think Dom is a unique case though. I won't waste time going into why though since you likely won't agree ha.
veeny009
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby tribecalledquest » May 17th, 2016, 10:49 am

veeny009 wrote:95 times out of 100 I'd agree with you that the player was probably considering leaving anyways. I think Dom is a unique case though. I won't waste time going into why though since you likely won't agree ha.

You can try to convince me :)

I don't know whether he was thinking about leaving or not...but he obviously knew he could and that other schools existed in the world.

If he wanted to be at Drake he would still be at Drake.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby veeny009 » May 17th, 2016, 10:52 am

tribecalledquest wrote:
veeny009 wrote:95 times out of 100 I'd agree with you that the player was probably considering leaving anyways. I think Dom is a unique case though. I won't waste time going into why though since you likely won't agree ha.

I don't know whether he was thinking about leaving or not...but he obviously knew he could and that other schools existed in the world.

If only it were that simple.
veeny009
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby tribecalledquest » May 18th, 2016, 10:17 am

veeny009 wrote:
tribecalledquest wrote:

If only it were that simple.

So if he wanted to be at Drake it was impossible for him to stay there?
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball