Transfer out

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Transfer out

Postby BuBrave2006 » April 11th, 2016, 8:40 am

Wufan wrote:Miller and Dixon are good starters. Kreklow and Ruder are good reserves. Two good JC transfers really increase the potential to be good if they can earn minutes over the good, not great rotation currently in place.

Kendrix and Church are the real prizes at SF and post forward. Their continued development, and competent front court supporting cast, is the difference between a Thursday night team and a 20 win program. I know someone mentioned that there were a few new bigs coming in, but is it possible that Lusk runs a four guard line-up with Church?

This is if Church decides not to transfer.
BuBrave2006
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby jackwagon » April 11th, 2016, 9:17 am

Why would you think Church is leaving?
jackwagon
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BuBrave2006 » April 11th, 2016, 9:56 am

jackwagon wrote:Why would you think Church is leaving?

I don't necessarily think that he's leaving, but I've heard some rumors, nothing official or anything.
BuBrave2006
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BEARZ77 » April 12th, 2016, 11:56 am

Wufan wrote:Miller and Dixon are good starters. Kreklow and Ruder are good reserves. Two good JC transfers really increase the potential to be good if they can earn minutes over the good, not great rotation currently in place.

Kendrix and Church are the real prizes at SF and post forward. Their continued development, and competent front court supporting cast, is the difference between a Thursday night team and a 20 win program. I know someone mentioned that there were a few new bigs coming in, but is it possible that Lusk runs a four guard line-up with Church?

Given Rhodes goes 6'6-6'7, Kendrix 6'5, Williams 6'5-6'6, Johnson 6'7-6'8, yes you could easily see 4 perimeter players and Church on the floor some of the time. Johnson was a 16 ppg, 11 rbs guy at Frank Phillips but also shot 42 % from 3pt. I think the most interesting newcomer will be Rousseau. He's probably 5'10, but very skilled; a 2nd team All American. Don't think he'll sit , but don't want to see him and Miller on the court all the time together either; he's probably better than Miller though.
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby 2livewu » April 12th, 2016, 4:20 pm

BirdsEyeView wrote:I think you guys surprise the league this year and finish top 3.....IF Lusk doesn't get in his own way. Seems like a good recruiter, questionable coach.

Lusk or no Lusk, I can't see Missouri State cracking the top 3. Which of WSU, UNI or ISU should they pass?

I'm not saying it can't happen. They seem less talented than those 3.
2livewu
All MVC
All MVC

Postby jackwagon » April 12th, 2016, 6:13 pm

Not sure how you can look at MSU roster and think it's less talented than ISUR. The depth of MSU is pretty impressive, while ISUR literally only has 4 guys who they will be able to count on for anything.
jackwagon
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Wufan » April 12th, 2016, 6:28 pm

Thanks! Look forward to learning about the Bears over the next 6 months.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Rollbird5 » April 12th, 2016, 6:42 pm

jackwagon wrote:Not sure how you can look at MSU roster and think it's less talented than ISUR. The depth of MSU is pretty impressive, while ISUR literally only has 4 guys who they will be able to count on for anything.

Will depend on who we get with our remaining scholarships
Rollbird5
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Wufan » April 12th, 2016, 7:29 pm

jackwagon wrote:Not sure how you can look at MSU roster and think it's less talented than ISUR. The depth of MSU is pretty impressive, while ISUR literally only has 4 guys who they will be able to count on for anything.

Really?

ISUr: Lee, Wills, Hawkins, McIntosh...four starters better than MSU

MSU: Miller, Dixon, Kendrix, Church...Kreklow and Ruder provide MVC level depth at the 2. MSU has four guys they can count plus some extra minutes at the 2.

I will take WSU right now followed by UNI/ISUr followed by SIU/MSU/ISUb
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby jackwagon » April 12th, 2016, 11:18 pm

Your forgetting 3 impact JC transfers and a 3 star point guard for MSU, plus a healthy Austin ruder. Like I said, superior depth for MSU compared to ISUR. McIntosh and Lee are better than anyone the bears have, but I'd take Miller, kendrix, Church and Dixon over Hawkins and Wills.
jackwagon
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball