MVC prospects for NBA draft

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: MVC prospects for NBA draft

Postby uniftw » July 7th, 2016, 8:26 am

mvcfan wrote:
uniftw wrote:I didn't mean to make it sound like he doesn't have athleticism. He does. The NBA is a whole different world when it comes to "average athletic ability".

Damn, try to compliment a guy and say you think it's possible he's about to have a 10+ year career and you're the devil

I get what you mean. Ron isn't an isolate one on one jump over and dunk athletic talent. He plays smart, knows how to move w/o the ball to get open, few turnovers, always in good defensive position, can guard more athletic defenders closely by being smart, fighting thru picks, dig at ball as he runs by when it's not his man, etc. etc.
I agree that Ron is a Kirk Heinrich type of player. KH has a 13 yr. NBA career under his belt.

Exactly.

Trust me, as a UNI fan I'm not one go to "He has no athleticism" because that's been the biggest diss on UNI for the last 15 years. UNI players aren't "traditionally" athletic...though more and more are moving to be that...they are smart players that know how to use what they have. Lucas O'Rear is a prime example of that. 6'6 260lb white kid that could "meh" dunk yet he was a dominant defender and rebounder during his time.

As much as we hated him - Doug McDermott is the same. He has about zero athleticism in the traditional sense, but he just has "it"
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby glm38 » July 7th, 2016, 8:38 am

uniftw wrote:I didn't mean to make it sound like he doesn't have athleticism. He does. The NBA is a whole different world when it comes to "average athletic ability".

Damn, try to compliment a guy and say you think it's possible he's about to have a 10+ year career and you're the devil

I never said you were the devil. I just disagreed with your assessment.

I loved watching Ron play even when he was killing the Bears.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby mvcfan » July 7th, 2016, 11:12 am

uniftw wrote:
mvcfan wrote:

I get what you mean. Ron isn't an isolate one on one jump over and dunk athletic talent. He plays smart, knows how to move w/o the ball to get open, few turnovers, always in good defensive position, can guard more athletic defenders closely by being smart, fighting thru picks, dig at ball as he runs by when it's not his man, etc. etc.
I agree that Ron is a Kirk Heinrich type of player. KH has a 13 yr. NBA career under his belt.

Exactly.

Trust me, as a UNI fan I'm not one go to "He has no athleticism" because that's been the biggest diss on UNI for the last 15 years. UNI players aren't "traditionally" athletic...though more and more are moving to be that...they are smart players that know how to use what they have. Lucas O'Rear is a prime example of that. 6'6 260lb white kid that could "meh" dunk yet he was a dominant defender and rebounder during his time.

As much as we hated him - Doug McDermott is the same. He has about zero athleticism in the traditional sense, but he just has "it"

Ok. You went too far and lost me. Ron is not a stand and shoot zero athletic player. He can run the court, play full court defense, etc. McDermott is a great shooter from DEEP, gets good position to rebound but is not a good defender. He has next to zero athleticism.
mvcfan
All MVC
All MVC

Postby musiccitybulldog » July 8th, 2016, 11:19 am

Several years ago I was visiting with a former NBA coach and was talking about desirable type players.

He said it can be hard to find "floor general" types, and that they are very valuable.

Baker seems he could be that type, from what I have seen him play.
musiccitybulldog
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Turner » July 9th, 2016, 4:58 pm

It's really kind of sad for a league like the valley to literally have no NBA players as alums.
Turner
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Wufan » July 9th, 2016, 6:13 pm

Turner wrote:It's really kind of sad for a league like the valley to literally have no NBA players as alums.

Huh? :huh:
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby sixth ace » July 10th, 2016, 7:06 am

Edigius had 8 points and 5 rebounds in just over 15 minutes of play against the Cavaliers.

Mockevicius has a partial guarantee contract with the Brooklyn Nets

Story:
http://www.courierpress.com/sports/coll ... a-e053-010

Box Score
http://www.nba.com/games/20160709/CLEBKN/gameinfo.html

:Cheers:
ACES
ACES
ACES
I'M ONBOARD
sixth ace
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Turner » July 10th, 2016, 7:27 am

Wufan wrote:
Turner wrote:It's really kind of sad for a league like the valley to literally have no NBA players as alums.

To have no current NBA players, it's kind of sad for the valley to have fallen so far.
Turner
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Wufan » July 10th, 2016, 9:53 am

Turner wrote:
Wufan wrote:

To have no current NBA players, it's kind of sad for the valley to have fallen so far.

Cleanthony Early is one...

Next.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Aargh » July 11th, 2016, 8:01 am

Wufan wrote:
Cleanthony Early is one...

Next.

Maybe. Early is an unrestricted free agent. Apparently New York City, gold chains, women, and strippers didn't mesh well with Early's NBA career.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball