Report: Wichita State has contacted Mountain West

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Report: Wichita State has contacted Mountain West

Postby glm38 » May 12th, 2016, 10:33 am

MoValley John wrote:
BEARZ77 wrote:Yadda Yadda. Just as Casey Garrison doesn't speak for all Bear fans, I hardly think you know the intentions for all Shockers. But hey, think what you want.

You're right, nobody can speak for everybody, I should just keep my mouth shut. I don't know anything about how many or most of them feel, I don't post on their board regularly. I've never met a single Shocker fan in person, I've never done any of that and I'm not even welcome on shockernet- in fact, I'm banned over there! And how would I know how Creighton fans feel? I don't live in Omaha, I don't have tickets to Creighton basketball, I don't know, nor do I associate with any Creighton fans, I just have zero perspective of what the overall feelings were from either fan base. Yeah, that's it!

I'll give you this, though, the very first time I hear a Shocker fan float an unsubstantiated rumor about them having an offer, I will ruthlessly mock that person. And when and if that rumor turns out to be false, I will make the mocking Casey, and Bears fans took, seem like child's play! But as of now, no Shocker fan has done so, and looking back at the Creighton situation, their fans never floated rumours from "reliable sources with close ties" as Casey did, they simply pondered what the news stories meant, and what it would be like if they were offered.

The "taking heat" had been reserved for Missouri State simply because Missouri State fans are the only ones that floated these rumors

What?? You are banned on Shockernet?? Why doesn't that surprise me......
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby tribecalledquest » May 12th, 2016, 10:35 am

I am personally bullish on the two South Dakota teams.

To act like those are huge outposts compared to Cedar Falls, Springfield or Carbondale is a stretch.

The $$$ is there. The facilities are there. I don't want to expand just to expand but those are the first two teams I would look at.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby isumvc1 » May 12th, 2016, 10:38 am

tribecalledquest wrote:I am personally bullish on the two South Dakota teams.

To act like those are huge outposts compared to Cedar Falls, Springfield or Carbondale is a stretch.

The $$$ is there. The facilities are there. I don't want to expand just to expand but those are the first two teams I would look at.

Tribe, I agree, those 2 would be ok, their proximity to each other is close, and really not much further than a trip to Omaha used to be, but would those 2 come along without the north dakota school? does ndsu align with und and go to the big sky?
isumvc1
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby uniftw » May 12th, 2016, 11:07 am

isumvc1 wrote:
tribecalledquest wrote:I am personally bullish on the two South Dakota teams.

Tribe, I agree, those 2 would be ok, their proximity to each other is close, and really not much further than a trip to Omaha used to be, but would those 2 come along without the north dakota school? does ndsu align with und and go to the big sky?

NDSU wants nothing to to with UND. The only reason they would align with UND is to save the Summit with no other options. BUT UND just dropped baseball and no offer to real value to The Summit.

USD is not/should not be an option if NDSU and SDSU are available.
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MoValley John » May 12th, 2016, 11:32 am

glm38 wrote:
MoValley John wrote:
BEARZ77 wrote:Yadda Yadda. Just as Casey Garrison doesn't speak for all Bear fans, I hardly think you know the intentions for all Shockers. But hey, think what you want.

You're right, nobody can speak for everybody, I should just keep my mouth shut. I don't know anything about how many or most of them feel, I don't post on their board regularly. I've never met a single Shocker fan in person, I've never done any of that and I'm not even welcome on shockernet- in fact, I'm banned over there! And how would I know how Creighton fans feel? I don't live in Omaha, I don't have tickets to Creighton basketball, I don't know, nor do I associate with any Creighton fans, I just have zero perspective of what the overall feelings were from either fan base. Yeah, that's it!

I'll give you this, though, the very first time I hear a Shocker fan float an unsubstantiated rumor about them having an offer, I will ruthlessly mock that person. And when and if that rumor turns out to be false, I will make the mocking Casey, and Bears fans took, seem like child's play! But as of now, no Shocker fan has done so, and looking back at the Creighton situation, their fans never floated rumours from "reliable sources with close ties" as Casey did, they simply pondered what the news stories meant, and what it would be like if they were offered.

The "taking heat" had been reserved for Missouri State simply because Missouri State fans are the only ones that floated these rumors

What?? You are banned on Shockernet?? Why doesn't that surprise me......

Yeah, they banned me after my first post. They can't stand me over there. No Shocker fans understand me, none of them respect me. I think it has something to do with my politics, just because I think all guns should be banned, confiscated and melted down.

I really shouldn't have tried to understand, or pretend to understand how Shocker fans feel. They rejected me. I also have no idea how Creighton fans feel, nor do I have any perspective of how they were treated when they left the Valley. If you don't live in Omaha, and you don't go to Creighton games, how could you know? I sure don't, I was just guessing and I shouldn't be guessing.
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Dean Wormer » May 12th, 2016, 3:38 pm

MoValley John wrote:
Yeah, they banned me after my first post. They can't stand me over there. No Shocker fans understand me, none of them respect me. I think it has something to do with my politics, just because I think all guns should be banned, confiscated and melted down.

I really shouldn't have tried to understand, or pretend to understand how Shocker fans feel. They rejected me. I also have no idea how Creighton fans feel, nor do I have any perspective of how they were treated when they left the Valley. If you don't live in Omaha, and you don't go to Creighton games, how could you know? I sure don't, I was just guessing and I shouldn't be guessing.

Huh??? Posted yesterday on Shockernet..........

WuShock Assistant Coach

MoValley John's Avatar Join Date
Nov 2010
Post Thanks / Like
Mentioned
61 Post(s)
Tagged
0 Thread(s)

I just want to say this, Missouri State fans are still mega-douchey.
Dean Wormer
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby DUBulldog » May 12th, 2016, 8:23 pm

Dean Wormer wrote:
MoValley John wrote:

WuShock Assistant Coach

Nov 2010
Post Thanks / Like
Mentioned
61 Post(s)
Tagged
0 Thread(s)

It's called sarcasm. :Beer:
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby glm38 » May 12th, 2016, 9:38 pm

DUBulldog wrote:
Dean Wormer wrote:
MoValley John wrote:

WuShock Assistant Coach

Nov 2010
Post Thanks / Like
Mentioned
61 Post(s)
Tagged
0 Thread(s)

It's called sarcasm. :Beer:

Or trolling. Which is the thing MVC john does best.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MoValley John » May 12th, 2016, 10:49 pm

glm38 wrote:Or trolling. Which is the thing MVC john does best.

Not trolling. I simply tried to answer a question in a very straightforward manner and a Bears fan did the yada yada yada thing. Want proof? Go to Shockernet and look at my original comments over there. When the story broke about Wichita State approaching the MWC, I posted a request that Shocker fans not to come over here and behave like Missouri State fans did when the rumor of the Bears to C-USA broke. While I hadn't been over here in ages, I was once again reading Shockernet and saw the conference realignment thread. It got me thinking and I wondered if any Shocker fan came over here and got all douchey. They hadn't. But there was a question posed regarding the lack of heat Shocker fans were taking regarding the MWC story. Creighton was mentioned as taking heat from Shocker fans when the Big East rumor was originally floated.

I chose to give a straight forward, informed, honest and polite response. Okay, maybe a little sarcasm in the manila envelope thinv, but just differentiate the Bears situation, from Creighton's and now WSU's. That was a mistake. I should have known my answer would not be accepted. I should have stayed out of the way of any Bears fan. They get butt hurt and then lob insults. Yes, I tried to help. Big mistake when you give a Missouri State fan an answer he or she doesn't want to hear, they insult then play the victim card.

Now if you want to know why I might have had a little insight into the situation and how those two fanbases behaved, I know many of them on both sides. I've met many Shocker fans in person, I drank with a few of them w gen they were in Omaha and beat Kansas, I actively communicate with them on their board and on PM, I have a good idea of how the majority of Shocker fans felt during the Creighton to the Big East situation. I also know many Creighton fans. I have tickets to mens basketball, I live in Omaha, I work with Creighton fans, I socialize with them. Yada Yada me all you want, but I probably have better insight than the vast majority of Missouri State fans. I simply tried to answer a simple question....

Go back, read my original post, way back on Shockernet when I asked them not to be douchey, I didn't come here to troll, Missouri State fans simply behaved in a manner that is predictable.
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MoValley John » May 12th, 2016, 11:08 pm

Here is a little help, my post on Shockernet from a week ago, asking fans not to get douchey over here. I just came over here the other day hoping that I wouldn't see Shocker fans behaving poorly.

MoValley John 10:35 PM 1 Week Ago 

A couple of things.... I want Wichita State in the Big East. Period. If for no other reason than I will get to see them in Omaha. The second thing, please, nobody go over to MVCFans and get stupid like Casey did with the SWOMO to C-USA bullshit. The last thing you guys need is some rumor of secret meetings, manila envelopes and logos on polo shirts...
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball