Report: Wichita State has contacted Mountain West

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Report: Wichita State has contacted Mountain West

Postby MoValley John » May 13th, 2016, 8:30 am

BEARZ77 wrote:So very interesting to have that loooong history about how connected you are with both fan bases. Not sure anyone is as interested as you are in yourself, but gee thanks for the novel.

Yada yada yada...
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Ricardo del Rio » May 13th, 2016, 9:55 am

While Mo John can defend himself nicely, I still must say, "Leave him alone."
Ricardo del Rio
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby glm38 » May 13th, 2016, 8:41 pm

Ricardo del Rio wrote:While Mo John can defend himself nicely, I still must say, "Leave him alone."

He may be beloved on shockernet. But on here he shows up every few months just to make what he thinks are clever digs on the Valley schools he obviously despises. He cares nothing about the MVC. He has admitted that in a past thread.

No I think I'll do as I please where he is concerned.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MoValley John » May 13th, 2016, 9:31 pm

glm38 wrote:
Ricardo del Rio wrote:While Mo John can defend himself nicely, I still must say, "Leave him alone."

He may be beloved on shockernet. But on here he shows up every few months just to make what he thinks are clever digs on the Valley schools he obviously despises. He cares nothing about the MVC. He has admitted that in a past thread.

No I think I'll do as I please where he is concerned.

I gotta call you on that, I care greatly about the Valley. Greatly. Show me in this so called past thread where I said I care nothing about the Valley. I've had several nieces and nephews compete in the Valley, a sister and a brother that competed at two different Valley schools and nieces and nephews currently competing in the Horizon. I had a nephew that played pop Warner football at Drake, I used to talk to DUBulldog about him, DUBulldog can confirm this. Another nephew played baseball st Creighton during their days in the Valley, several Shocker fans know who he is and can confirm. SHOW ME THE THREAD!

So now you've been called out, show the thread our shut up. What we are witnessing is typical glm crap. I'm just waiting for him to play the victim card.
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby glm38 » May 13th, 2016, 10:22 pm

I think I'll pass on searching through old threads. I used to think you were mildly amusing. But it's grown old. If you really cared about the Valley then you wouldn't be constantly belittling certain member schools.

Edit: on second thought I think I will post the thread in question. There's more but here's a snippet. Really loving on the MVC here aren't you ace?

by MoValley John » August 10th, 2014, 9:36 am

Awesome!!! And I can't wait to see the Shockers leave, the Valley crumble, the Sun Belt add Eastern Kentucky and Missouri State join GPAC.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BEARZ77 » May 14th, 2016, 6:25 am

"Typical glm victim card" huh; "BANG" shot down by your own words big time. Glm is probably among the most congenial and fair posters on this and several other boards I've seen. You have to be an ass to get his ire. His point was spot on. Most of the posters on this board are huge fans of their respective schools, they try to bring information about their teams, players, coaches, and inner workings of their administration for the benefit of other board members, and yeah there is a lot of banter back and forth, but that's mostly fun.

Then there are posters like MVJ who mostly just like to enlighten everyone with his supposed superior take on what others have posted. Glm nailed him for the troll he is.
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Ricardo del Rio » May 14th, 2016, 4:10 pm

BEARZ77 wrote:"Typical glm victim card" huh; "BANG" shot down by your own words big time. Glm is probably among the most congenial and fair posters on this and several other boards I've seen. You have to be an ass to get his ire. His point was spot on. Most of the posters on this board are huge fans of their respective schools, they try to bring information about their teams, players, coaches, and inner workings of their administration for the benefit of other board members, and yeah there is a lot of banter back and forth, but that's mostly fun.

Then there are posters like MVJ who mostly just like to enlighten everyone with his supposed superior take on what others have posted. Glm nailed him for the troll he is.

Maybe if the Bears win a few games, they will not be so hyper sensitive.

Maybe bring Coach Alford back.

Or move on to the SEC with your football program.
Ricardo del Rio
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MoValley John » May 14th, 2016, 8:35 pm

Really? Context? Link the thread, please. That is what I asked for in the first place. Please tell me this isn't from a MSU to C-USA thread, or MSU to the Sun Belt thread, please! Yep, I asked for a thread, all you would do is cut and paste an out of context quote! And nowhere in the quote did I say I didn't care anout the Valley. Besides, anyone can see the quote is dripping in sarcasm. But I guess if you can't grasp the sarcasm when I said that Wichita State fans hated me and that they banned me, you just might not get sarcasm, ever. Please, post the thread for context and to finish me off! Otherwise, this was a lame attempt at best.

Post the thread as requested!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MoValley John » May 14th, 2016, 8:40 pm

BEARZ77 wrote:"Typical glm victim card" huh; "BANG" shot down by your own words big time. Glm is probably among the most congenial and fair posters on this and several other boards I've seen. You have to be an ass to get his ire. His point was spot on. Most of the posters on this board are huge fans of their respective schools, they try to bring information about their teams, players, coaches, and inner workings of their administration for the benefit of other board members, and yeah there is a lot of banter back and forth, but that's mostly fun.

This is how context is done.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1236&hilit=missouri+state+moving+to+cusa&start=12

BEARZ77 dated July 2nd, 2011

You're funny Aargh; you got one guy over here from*Missouri*State*beating a theme and so that's reason*topile on with the insults. I don't mind people confronting the overzealousness of Casey, he's bought that himself; but try*to*stay a little grounded in reality. You can knock what we pay our basketball coaches all you want, but since the day we entered the MVC it's equated*to*more success than you've had at WSU in the same time span. So what's that mean in your grandiose view of WSU basketball. You paid Turgeon $750,000 + and he's gone; you're paying 1.2 million or more*to*Gregg and the minute South Carolina is open he's gone. And in the midst of all that it's bought you the same 1 league championship , 1 less Tournement championship, and 1 less NCAA appearance than us since we entered the league.*

I'll take heat from UNI, CU, and even though they're down now, SIU for fielding a more consistent top level program that got*to*the NCAA tourney over the last 20 years, but not WSU. You were the leagues ***** most of the 90's and have had a smattering of success in the past 10 years, but not enough*to*try*to*float the kind of superior attitude you think others will buy here.You might want*to*try winning something in men's basketball beyond a second tier tournement before you try*to*talk too much smack, cause you flat don't have the capital*to*cover the check your mouth is writing.
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby AndShock » May 14th, 2016, 8:59 pm

lmao
AndShock
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball