Report: Wichita State has contacted Mountain West

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Report: Wichita State has contacted Mountain West

Postby MoValley John » May 15th, 2016, 9:02 am

glm38 wrote:
MoValley John wrote:Really? Context? Link the thread, please. That is what I asked for in the first place. Please tell me this isn't from a MSU to C-USA thread, or MSU to the Sun Belt thread, please! Yep, I asked for a thread, all you would do is cut and paste an out of context quote! And nowhere in the quote did I say I didn't care anout the Valley. Besides, anyone can see the quote is dripping in sarcasm. But I guess if you can't grasp the sarcasm when I said that Wichita State fans hated me and that they banned me, you just might not get sarcasm, ever. Please, post the thread for context and to finish me off! Otherwise, this was a lame attempt at best.

Post the thread as requested!

Do you really expect me to believe you don't remember saying that and/or that you can't find the link yourself? If so maybe that explains a lot. But I'll bite. Here's the link:

http://www.mvcfans.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... d&start=36

In the same link in addition to the gem of a comment about looking forward to the Valley crumbling you also state "In two years, none of my relatives will be competing at Valley schools and I won't care". But again you just LOVE the MVC despite those comments right? And playing the sarcasm card is beyond lame. As is posting a completely off the subject thread comment of Bearz to try to change the subject.

Psychologists say that people that constantly belittle others or the things they care about (as you do with your trolling comments) are trying to prop themselves up and make themselves feel better about their own inadequacies. I'm pretty sure that's applicable here.

Awesome! That thread shows me concerned with cost of attendance hurting the Valley competitiveness and challenging others and asking how they will step up. It then shows you trolling me, just as you have in this thread. Also, the two years isn't up, so in that thread, I claimed I still care! Yup, I have a neice still competing. My nephew graduated from Creighton and is finishing up his last year on the Creighton baseball team (not on the Valley). For the record, I have a nephew that just signed an NFL deal from a nonValley, nonbcs school. I pm'd DUBulldog his info, he knows who that kid is!

I came here the other day, gave a reasonable answer as to why Wichita State wasn't "taking heat" over the MWC thread, and what does that do, it gets you all douchey. I do care about the Valley, I always will, but when some schools and fans in the Valley try to small time they're way into the Big time, it gets frustrating.

Maybe you should take a second, look at how you have behaved, read both the Missouri State to C-USA thread, Missouri State to the Sun Belt thread, then reflect way back on Missouri State fans behavior during the last year's of Barry Hinson. Then try and see how others perceive you. After that, look at your schools troubled finances, current athletic success, or lack thereof, and then come up with a realistic perspective of who and what Missouri State really is. After that, try to be influential in mprovin your schools lot in life and not be so preoccupied knocking any and all people down who dare point out that you aren't who you blindly think you are.
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby glm38 » May 15th, 2016, 9:41 am

That's rich. So I'm "trolling the troll?" What you do is the very definition of a troll. Pointing out a troll is just that.

I should just shrug it off. However I care about MSU. And the Valley. Despite some funding problems with athletics at MSU - it remains a great school. My son is third generation there. I owe a lot to MSU.

I'm sure others feel the same about their particular valley school. That's why myself and 99% of the posters on this forum don't feel it's necessary to act as you do. It's obvious you think you are funny. You aren't. Just sad.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby SubGod22 » May 15th, 2016, 1:04 pm

Some Bear fans are just sad and pathetic.
www.wheatshockers.com

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

Unemployment insurance is a prepaid vacation for freeloaders.
SubGod22
All MVC
All MVC

Postby WSUShox88 » May 16th, 2016, 9:25 am

Yikes, BEARZ33 has quite a resume of things that he has posted that have epically failed. He might need to back off on the posting thing to save future embarrassment.
WSUShox88
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby Red » June 7th, 2016, 6:57 pm

I don't know what precipitated the comment, but MVC football commissioner said today that they wouldn't accept Wichita State as a football member because Bardo stated the plan was to have an FBS team and the MVFC won't be a stepping stone.

By the way, any new news out of Wichita lately on this?
Red
All MVC
All MVC

Postby underdawg » June 7th, 2016, 8:07 pm

I agree with Viverito on that one
underdawg
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Veritas » June 7th, 2016, 8:56 pm

Red wrote:I don't know what precipitated the comment, but MVC football commissioner said today that they wouldn't accept Wichita State as a football member because Bardo stated the plan was to have an FBS team and the MVFC won't be a stepping stone.

It reads to me she wants Wichita State out. Coupled with WSU not hosting any championships next year indicates the MoVal is forcing WSU out of the Valley.

You have to ask yourself. Are you better with WSU or without? Pretty easy decision once you take prepubescent emotions out of the equation.
Veritas
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Snaggletooth » June 7th, 2016, 10:56 pm

Red wrote:

The big news out of Wichita is the MVC has told WSU to f-off twice this week.
Snaggletooth
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby unipanther99 » June 8th, 2016, 7:50 am

I obviously want WSU to stay, but why on earth would you expect the MVFC to bend over backwards changing schedules, possibly having to create divisions, etc. just to make room for a team that obviously wouldn't be there in 3-4 years?

Have all schools sign a 10 year agreement with a multi-million dollar buyout, and I'd support it. But there's no way WSU would agree to that.
unipanther99
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby Dean Wormer » June 8th, 2016, 10:04 am

Veritas wrote:
Red wrote:I don't know what precipitated the comment, but MVC football commissioner said today that they wouldn't accept Wichita State as a football member because Bardo stated the plan was to have an FBS team and the MVFC won't be a stepping stone.

It reads to me she wants Wichita State out. Coupled with WSU not hosting any championships next year indicates the MoVal is forcing WSU out of the Valley.

You have to ask yourself. Are you better with WSU or without? Pretty easy decision once you take prepubescent emotions out of the equation.

I will answer your second question first so you know I am not just a WSU hater. There is no question the Valley would suffer without WSU. In fact, I think they may actually be the only glue holding this thing together. I would bet on a private/public split within 5 years if WSU left.

With that said, I am certain that WSU not hosting any championships next year is nothing more than WSU isn't hosting any championships next year. It looks like Bradley, Indiana State, and Drake aren't as well. Are all (4) being shoved out? Does it even matter? Other than baseball, does hosting these non-revenue championships mean a damn thing to anyone not directly involved? Off the top of your head, can you name the last (3) tennis hosts?

WSU has earned the right to kick some tires. I don't begrudge that at all. I also applaud the MVFC for standing up and saying they don't want anyone who publicly says they are planning to be beyond that in a short period. Both parties should look out for their best interests, and that is all that appears to be going on.
Dean Wormer
MVC starter
MVC starter

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball