WSU signs H/H with OkState

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Postby RoyalShock » June 10th, 2016, 12:14 pm

Starts this December at Intrust, then the following season at Gallegher-Iba.

http://www.cowboysrideforfree.com/2016/ ... hita-state

OSU's new coach is from McPherson, KS and played at K-State. WSU previously announced a home/home with Oklahoma. And we've been playing Tulsa.
RoyalShock
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: WSU signs H/H with OkState

Postby Ricardo del Rio » June 10th, 2016, 12:58 pm

Two thumbs up, way up.
Ricardo del Rio
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby PantherSigEp » June 10th, 2016, 1:17 pm

Sweet. Excited to see how some of the other schedules are going to play out.
[Insert snappy comeback]
PantherSigEp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby tribecalledquest » June 14th, 2016, 8:58 am

Its not really a home and home if the Wichita portion isn't at Koch Arena.

Why isn't that game on campus like the OSU portion is?
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby SubGod22 » June 14th, 2016, 9:24 am

Because we're choosing to play it in front of 15k instead of 10k so that more people get an opportunity to watch than usual.
www.wheatshockers.com

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

Unemployment insurance is a prepaid vacation for freeloaders.
SubGod22
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Stickboy46 » June 14th, 2016, 10:05 am

tribecalledquest wrote:Its not really a home and home if the Wichita portion isn't at Koch Arena.

Why isn't that game on campus like the OSU portion is?

We always play 1 game at Intrust Bank Arena, its allows an extra 5k people to attend the game. From the NCAAs standpoint, its a home game. If you haven't been to a game at Intrust, its just as intimidating. WSU is 6-0 there I believe.
Stickboy46
All MVC
All MVC

Postby tribecalledquest » June 14th, 2016, 10:50 am

SubGod22 wrote:Because we're choosing to play it in front of 15k instead of 10k so that more people get an opportunity to watch than usual.

Why not move all games there then?

Look...you know who wanted this game at InTrust and not Koch Arena---Oklahoma State. It's ok to admit this.

It's a great game for WSU. No doubt. But it's not a true home and home.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby SubGod22 » June 14th, 2016, 11:16 am

tribecalledquest wrote:
SubGod22 wrote:Because we're choosing to play it in front of 15k instead of 10k so that more people get an opportunity to watch than usual.

Look...you know who wanted this game at InTrust and not Koch Arena---Oklahoma State. It's ok to admit this.

I don't know that and I actually doubt it. We always play 1 game downtown so another 5k can watch. We typically pick our best noncon opponent to do it. Playing OU and OSU down there makes sense as those games have much more appeal to the masses than lesser known or Valley opponents.

It is a home game. It's just not on campus. It a way to reward the fan base. Plus for NCAA tournament purposes IBA needs to host games. I'm actually warming up to the idea of playing 2 or 3 games downtown if we have the right opponents to sell it out.
www.wheatshockers.com

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

Unemployment insurance is a prepaid vacation for freeloaders.
SubGod22
All MVC
All MVC

Postby tribecalledquest » June 14th, 2016, 11:20 am

SubGod22 wrote:
tribecalledquest wrote:

I don't know that and I actually doubt it. We always play 1 game downtown so another 5k can watch. We typically pick our best noncon opponent to do it. Playing OU and OSU down there makes sense as those games have much more appeal to the masses than lesser known or Valley opponents.

It is a home game. It's just not on campus. It a way to reward the fan base. Plus for NCAA tournament purposes IBA needs to host games. I'm actually warming up to the idea of playing 2 or 3 games downtown if we have the right opponents to sell it out.

I don't have a problem where the game is played. I am saying that OK State would prefer the game be at InTrust and not Koch--and I guarantee that was mentioned in the contract. It's not WSU's choice where to play the game. OK State had a say in this.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Cdizzle » June 14th, 2016, 11:44 am

tribecalledquest wrote:I don't have a problem where the game is played. I am saying that OK State would prefer the game be at InTrust and not Koch--and I guarantee that was mentioned in the contract. It's not WSU's choice where to play the game. OK State had a say in this.

It's entirely possible OSU preferred the game be played at IBA. It's also entirely possible (likely) that WSU (especially Marshall) wanted the game played at IBA. The two are not mutually exclusive. Marshall has been adamant that he wants at least 1 game at IBA every year against as high-caliber opponent as they can schedule.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball