SIU loses Bola

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

SIU loses Bola

Postby Rollbird5 » June 27th, 2016, 10:13 pm

Bola granted release from scholarship. He was a nice player for the Salukis, and I'd assume would be the starting center again next year.
http://www.siusalukis.com/sports/m-bask ... 16aaa.html
Rollbird5
All MVC
All MVC

SIU loses Bola

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: SIU loses Bola

Postby BirdsEyeView » June 28th, 2016, 12:32 pm

Big loss. He was becoming a major force in this conference.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Wufan » June 29th, 2016, 5:46 am

Huge loss IMO. It's not that he was totally dominant, but a consistent big like that is so hard to find in the Valley and can anchor the middle against 90% of college basketball.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby kcmsaluki12 » June 30th, 2016, 7:09 am

Wufan wrote:Huge loss IMO. It's not that he was totally dominant, but a consistent big like that is so hard to find in the Valley and can anchor the middle against 90% of college basketball.

Agreed. It's a very big loss. He was making great strides each season and was poised for a big year this year. SIU is once again dangerously thin in the post (both literally and figuratively). What was one of SIU's strengths is now likely a weakness, though I think Thik Bol will be a solid inside presence. We can probably chalk SIU up as a Thursday team now with Bola leaving.
kcmsaluki12
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Red » July 1st, 2016, 9:39 am

Has he graduated? Can he play immediately next season somewhere else?
Red
All MVC
All MVC

Postby underdawg » July 22nd, 2016, 11:13 pm

kcmsaluki12 wrote:
Wufan wrote:Huge loss IMO. It's not that he was totally dominant, but a consistent big like that is so hard to find in the Valley and can anchor the middle against 90% of college basketball.

Agreed. It's a very big loss. He was making great strides each season and was poised for a big year this year. SIU is once again dangerously thin in the post (both literally and figuratively). What was one of SIU's strengths is now likely a weakness, though I think Thik Bol will be a solid inside presence. We can probably chalk SIU up as a Thursday team now with Bola leaving.

Thursday team? Please stop now :roll: We will probably start four seniors and a junior--maybe thin at five spot but with Bol, you'll think twice before you try to take it in the paint on him--no open lay-ups
underdawg
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby tribecalledquest » July 25th, 2016, 3:13 pm

underdawg wrote:
kcmsaluki12 wrote:

Thursday team? Please stop now :roll: We will probably start four seniors and a junior--maybe thin at five spot but with Bol, you'll think twice before you try to take it in the paint on him--no open lay-ups

Name the four teams SIU is clearly better than at this point?
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Wufan » July 25th, 2016, 6:15 pm

tribecalledquest wrote:Name the four teams SIU is clearly better than at this point?

Drake, Bradley, ummm.... :huh: er, southwest indyville state of Chicago? :? :Cheers:
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby uniftw » July 26th, 2016, 6:30 am

Wufan wrote:
tribecalledquest wrote:Name the four teams SIU is clearly better than at this point?

Drake, Bradley, ummm.... :huh: er, southwest indyville state of Chicago? :? :Cheers:

Can't wait to see the hate come to me from this fan base but...Evansville?
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby 2livewu » July 27th, 2016, 8:26 am

I don't know about "clearly" but there isn't much to separate Drake, Loyola, Bradley and Evansville right now for me.

SIU can't be far off, one way or the other.
2livewu
All MVC
All MVC

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball