MVC non conference '16-'17 schedules being released

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: MVC non conference '16-'17 schedules being released

Postby MSUDuo » August 21st, 2016, 8:15 am

shockalot wrote:
unipanther99 wrote:UNI's game at North Carolina will be on ESPN2.

Cool. Tough game, but if NC underestimates them UNI might make it a little interesting for awhile, if they can just relax and play knowing there is no real pressure on them with no expectation of winning, (please, no A&M problems). I hope UNI represents as well as they otherwise have in post season.

Any other MVC teams besides WSU and UNI on ESPN or 2 for 2016/17?

MO State ain't.

But I believe they will be on FS1 while in Vegas.
MSUDuo
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby unipanther99 » August 22nd, 2016, 7:42 am

After last year's game in Cedar Falls, I think there's zero chance UNC underestimates UNI.
unipanther99
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby underdawg » August 23rd, 2016, 11:35 am

It was just announced that SIU is scrapping a mid major team Texas Tournament and signing up for three away guarantee games with Power Five Opponents--one will be Louisville, and the other two will be announced on a pod cast at 11 am Wednesday. I'll post when I find out--but quite the upgrade in SOS.
underdawg
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Cdizzle » August 23rd, 2016, 1:19 pm

Verrrrrry interesting. Sounds like the AD is laying down the law a bit. Sink or swim time for Hinson.

"A common refrain I hear from our fans is that we must strengthen our schedule. I can tell you that scheduling was a major focus of our MVC summer meetings. Last spring, I carefully examined the data on our non-conference Strength of the Schedule and have had multiple discussions with Coach Hinson. We agree that for our program to receive at-large consideration from the NCAA or NIT, we must play top 100 teams outside our league. That's why I'm so excited to announce that we will play road games this year against three Power Five conference opponents. We negotiated these scheduling opportunities with the promoters of the Lone Star Showcase tournament, a Multi-Team Event in which we will no longer participate. We're planning a special non-conference schedule announcement as soon as the final contract details are in place, so stay tuned."

http://siusalukis.com/news/2016/8/22/ge ... ition.aspx
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby underdawg » August 24th, 2016, 12:03 pm

Actually Hinson made this decision--after conferring with the texas MTE officials--he opted in to another Multi-Team Event that contains Minn. and Ark at their place and Missouri Southern and Mt. St. Mary's at Saluki Arena. The Louisville game is the only true "Guarantee Game"
underdawg
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Stickboy46 » August 24th, 2016, 1:21 pm

SIUs schedule looks like it will be very respectable. Good job on stepping up a bit on that. I'm glad to hear ADs acknowledge that you have to schedule right to even start the season in consideration for an At Large bid.
Stickboy46
All MVC
All MVC

Postby RoyalShock » August 31st, 2016, 1:58 pm

WSU @ Oklahoma in OKC will be on ESPN2, Dec. 10 at 3pm.
RoyalShock
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball