Scouting the new players this summer

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Scouting the new players this summer

Postby Wufan » August 27th, 2016, 12:29 pm

shockalot wrote:While the Valley lost some very good senior talent and a few transfers, it seems like there is some decent prospects coming in on more teams this year than usual. Certainly too early to say for sure about untried prospects, but my sense is that recruiting overall for Valley teams is improving.
To me it looks like the MVC's bottom half will be at least a little better than last year, and while WSU and UNI may not be as good, they seem to have the potential to be as good, perhaps even better than last year by the end of the season. ISUr should be better than last year, as should MSU and ISUb. Those 5 I see as the top half at this point. So, all-in-all, I think the Valley could actually be better this year than last.

I think SIU will be better too. They'd be a bit scary if they had kept Bola and that forward that transferred after his freshman year. Bradley will most certainly be better, but will we be able to see it in the win/loss column?
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby shockalot » August 27th, 2016, 3:51 pm

SIU could be better, but I'm less inclined to think so with Bola gone. But I think they should be no worse at least. Bol could be a good replacement for Bola, but they really needed both of them. At this point I'm not counting SIU in the top half, though it isn't out of the question. But Loyola and Bradley are good bets to be better even if they remain 2nd half teams.
shockalot
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball