Shockers in Canada

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Shockers in Canada

Postby Cdizzle » August 10th, 2016, 12:28 pm

unipanther99 wrote:MVC pep band directors are busy purchasing the sheet music for "Blame Canada" from South Park.

Nice. :Cheers:
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby tribecalledquest » August 10th, 2016, 1:23 pm

Stickboy46 wrote:
Do you have proof of that? WSU isn't the only team in this exhibition set.

What kind of proof do you want?

Teams have paid for officials on foreign trips before. Not often because it comes off as a total dick move and a total waste of money, but some have done it.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Stickboy46 » August 10th, 2016, 1:31 pm

tribecalledquest wrote:
Stickboy46 wrote:

Teams have paid for officials on foreign trips before. Not often because it comes off as a total dick move and a total waste of money, but some have done it.

Just proof that WSU would be allowed to. Since this is a rotating exhibition with multiple visiting teams, I can't figure that would be allowed. I don't know yes or no in this situation.
Stickboy46
All MVC
All MVC

Postby tribecalledquest » August 10th, 2016, 1:46 pm

Stickboy46 wrote:
tribecalledquest wrote:
Stickboy46 wrote:

Just proof that WSU would be allowed to. Since this is a rotating exhibition with multiple visiting teams, I can't figure that would be allowed. I don't know yes or no in this situation.

It's not a rotating exhibition with multiple visiting teams. This is a foreign trip that teams can take every four years.

Let me add: teams can take their own officials if they want. But the Canadian teams hosting the US teams probably wouldn't be too keen on that idea.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Stickboy46 » August 10th, 2016, 2:09 pm

tribecalledquest wrote:
Stickboy46 wrote:

It's not a rotating exhibition with multiple visiting teams. This is a foreign trip that teams can take every four years.

Let me add: teams can take their own officials if they want. But the Canadian teams hosting the US teams probably wouldn't be too keen on that idea.

There were multiple US teams playing these same teams this year. It's not really a tournament, but I'm not sure its allowed for a single team to pay for the refs.

I think the answer is .. neither of us know the answer.
Stickboy46
All MVC
All MVC

Postby tribecalledquest » August 10th, 2016, 2:15 pm

Stickboy46 wrote:
tribecalledquest wrote:
Stickboy46 wrote:

There were multiple US teams playing these same teams this year. It's not really a tournament, but I'm not sure its allowed for a single team to pay for the refs.

Trust me. I know the answer.

The rules ALLOW for a team to take their own officials if they want. Or, there isn't a rule against it. But of course this would have to be agreed upon between the school and the teams they are playing on a foreign tour. It would be a part of the agreement when the negotiations are ongoing. I highly doubt McGill, Carleton, or Ottawa for example would really want a US team bringing their own officials.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Stickboy46 » August 10th, 2016, 2:18 pm

tribecalledquest wrote:
Stickboy46 wrote:
tribecalledquest wrote:

Trust me. I know the answer.

The rules ALLOW for a team to take their own officials if they want. Or, there isn't a rule against it. But of course this would have to be agreed upon between the school and the teams they are playing on a foreign tour. It would be a part of the agreement when the negotiations are ongoing. I highly doubt McGill, Carleton, or Ottawa for example would really want a US team bringing their own officials.

Sooo .. you don't know if WSU would have been able to provide its own refs ... exactly as i said.
Stickboy46
All MVC
All MVC

Postby UEACES80 » August 10th, 2016, 2:59 pm

Interesting August thread - as far as the game all I have seen is the Marshall ejection.

My takes are:

1) Maybe Wichita fans should be a little less critical of the scheduling done by other MVC schools

2) Does Wichita State have a Drama Department - Marshall would be a great role actor if they did a play on "One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest"

3) I think all other D1 Coaches are going to be hard pressed to put on a better tantrum than Marshall did thus making him the early favorite (and maybe a cinch) for the Bobby Knight Trophy awarded to the Ass of the year.
UEACES80
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby tribecalledquest » August 10th, 2016, 3:03 pm

Stickboy46 wrote:
Sooo .. you don't know if WSU would have been able to provide its own refs ... exactly as i said.

What I said was there is not a rule against it. I highly, highly, highly doubt it ever even came up in discussions.

It's not just WSU's choice.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby WSUShox88 » August 10th, 2016, 3:08 pm

[quote="UEACES80"]
1) Maybe Wichita fans should be a little less critical of the scheduling done by other MVC schools
[/quote]

Wtf does that have to do with anything?
WSUShox88
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball