Shockers in Canada

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Shockers in Canada

Postby musiccitybulldog » August 9th, 2016, 9:10 pm

Watched the McGill game. Shockers won 77-71. Marshall could easily make it as a "Rasler".
musiccitybulldog
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby underdawg » August 10th, 2016, 6:09 am

Perhaps Marshall is another example of a coach not getting out of dodge when he had the chance. But I think the Valley is down this year, so they still should win it easily
underdawg
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby MVCfans » August 10th, 2016, 7:57 am

https://twitter.com/chase_shannon/statu ... 3088100352

Wow that was really something. Earl Weaver-esque.
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby unipanther99 » August 10th, 2016, 8:00 am

If he felt the situation was that dangerous, he should have removed his players from the floor. Instead he removed himself. I'll never understand people who are wired this way.
unipanther99
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby Rollbird5 » August 10th, 2016, 8:19 am

You'd expect better from a coach with Gregg's resume, embarrassing incident for him and wsu
Rollbird5
All MVC
All MVC

Postby SubGod22 » August 10th, 2016, 8:19 am

It worked. We stopped getting mugged with no calls and the team responded. It really wasn't that big of a deal to me. Had the coaching staff just let him vent nobody would be making it out to be what they are. It's good to see a coach defend his players and I was thinking after that 2nd T that maybe they should have just walked off the court. I'd actually thought about that prior when there were blatant fouls right in front of officials that just went ignored. Frankamp was practically tackled 5 feet from a ref looking right at them with no call. But they did have to stop play a little after that because he was still on the court.
www.wheatshockers.com

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

Unemployment insurance is a prepaid vacation for freeloaders.
SubGod22
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Cdizzle » August 10th, 2016, 8:43 am

Well. That escalated quickly.

I mean, that really got out of hand.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby musiccitybulldog » August 10th, 2016, 8:47 am

I'm not buying it was a strategic move to try and be inspirational. He lost control. The thing that bothered me watching it was he was really pushing and shoving his own staff and team members, hard.
musiccitybulldog
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby tribecalledquest » August 10th, 2016, 8:49 am

musiccitybulldog wrote:I'm not buying it was a strategic move to try and be inspirational. He lost control. The thing that bothered me watching it was he was really pushing and shoving his own staff and team members, hard.

Yes. Trying to sell it as anything "inspirational" or warranted is ridiculous.

If anyone's six year old acted that way they would punish them immediately. I don't care what is happening. It's an exhibition game. Actions like that are completely uncalled for and inappropriate. It doesn't mean he should be fired, or he's a bad coach, or anything. In that particular situation Gregg Marshall was completely out of line.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Stickboy46 » August 10th, 2016, 8:52 am

tribecalledquest wrote:
musiccitybulldog wrote:I'm not buying it was a strategic move to try and be inspirational. He lost control. The thing that bothered me watching it was he was really pushing and shoving his own staff and team members, hard.

Yes. Trying to sell it as anything "inspirational" or warranted is ridiculous.

If anyone's six year old acted that way they would punish them immediately. I don't care what is happening. It's an exhibition game. Actions like that are completely uncalled for and inappropriate. It doesn't mean he should be fired, or he's a bad coach, or anything. In that particular situation Gregg Marshall was completely out of line.

He admitted he went too far and wasn't proud of it. He said he's not ashamed of the fact that he stood up for his players though.

I love how people keep throwing around the fact that it was an exhibition game. When a player goes down with a broken ankle, do you just tell the ankle that it was an exhibition game and it just says "oh sorry about that, I'll fix myself". Injuries happen in exhibitions too.
Stickboy46
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball