Shockers in Canada

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Shockers in Canada

Postby unipanther99 » August 10th, 2016, 11:00 am

These were Canadian college basketball officials, correct? Those guys make barely more than high school officials. Perhaps if WSU wants to do a tour like this and take it as seriously as Coach Marshall seemed to be taking it, they should pay to provide NCAA or FIBA officials to work the game.

The officials were out of their element, and it showed. They certainly aren't paid well enough to be treated like that.
unipanther99
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Stickboy46 » August 10th, 2016, 11:02 am

unipanther99 wrote:These were Canadian college basketball officials, correct? Those guys make barely more than high school officials. Perhaps if WSU wants to do a tour like this and take it as seriously as Coach Marshall seemed to be taking it, they should pay to provide NCAA or FIBA officials to work the game.

The officials were out of their element, and it showed. They certainly aren't paid well enough to be treated like that.

They are paid to do a job .. they should do it but they didn't.

I do not know whether WSU would be allowed to even pay for their own officials.
Stickboy46
All MVC
All MVC

Postby uniftw » August 10th, 2016, 11:05 am

If he felt it was dangerous he should have pulled his team. It's as simple as that.

He reacted like my 3 year old daughter does when I won't let her watch another episode of Daniel Tiger before bed.
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Cdizzle » August 10th, 2016, 11:06 am

uniftw wrote:If he felt it was dangerous he should have pulled his team. It's as simple as that.

He reacted like my 3 year old daughter does when I won't let her watch another episode of Daniel Tiger before bed.

Well. Then you, like the refs, are clearly in the wrong.

Everyone, regardless of age, should be allowed to watch as much Daniel Tiger as they wish.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby tribecalledquest » August 10th, 2016, 11:09 am

Stickboy46 wrote:
unipanther99 wrote:These were Canadian college basketball officials, correct? Those guys make barely more than high school officials. Perhaps if WSU wants to do a tour like this and take it as seriously as Coach Marshall seemed to be taking it, they should pay to provide NCAA or FIBA officials to work the game.

They could pay and bring their own officials if they wanted to.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Stickboy46 » August 10th, 2016, 11:14 am

tribecalledquest wrote:
Stickboy46 wrote:

They could pay and bring their own officials if they wanted to.

Do you have proof of that? WSU isn't the only team in this exhibition set.
Stickboy46
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Aces44 » August 10th, 2016, 12:16 pm

This happens more times than people realize. And it happens mostly in extremely hot gyms.
If I read correctly the temp of the gym was mentioned. I have been in GM's shoes and watched it happen from multiple angles. Now, when I am coaching and the gym is way too hot, I am somewhat prepared for it.
I don't blame him, I hate getting homered.
Aces44
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby unipanther99 » August 10th, 2016, 12:19 pm

Marshall has been suspended by WSU's AD.

MVC pep band directors are busy purchasing the sheet music for "Blame Canada" from South Park.
unipanther99
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby Aces44 » August 10th, 2016, 12:24 pm

This happens more times than people realize. And it happens mostly in extremely hot gyms.
If I read correctly the temp of the gym was mentioned. I have been in GM's shoes and watched it happen from multiple angles. Now, when I am coaching and the gym is way too hot, I am somewhat prepared for it.
Aces44
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Stickboy46 » August 10th, 2016, 12:24 pm

Aces44 wrote:This happens more times than people realize. And it happens mostly in extremely hot gyms.

It was quoted as 85+ degrees in the gym.
Stickboy46
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball