Official 2016-17 MVCfans.com Prediction - 10th Place

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Who will finish in 10th place during the 2016-17 MVC men's basketball season?

Poll ended at September 7th, 2016, 1:56 pm

Bradley
12%
Drake
67%
Evansville
12%
Illinois St
2%
Indiana St
2%
Loyola
2%
Missouri St
No votes
Northern Iowa
2%
Southern Illinois
No votes
Wichita St
2%

Total votes : 52

Re: Official 2016-17 MVCfans.com Prediction - 10th Place

Postby Cdizzle » September 7th, 2016, 2:26 pm

Blake Simmons out for the year with an ACL injury. Something to consider. Best wishes to him in his recovery.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Wufan » September 7th, 2016, 5:39 pm

Cdizzle wrote:Don't get the Bradley hate. I could even see them under-performing and falling to 9th, but they should be more on the Thursday night bubble than in the cellar.

It's hard to imagine Drake or Bradley being anything above 8th, but I've been wrong before.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Cdizzle » September 8th, 2016, 9:20 am

Wufan wrote:
Cdizzle wrote:Don't get the Bradley hate. I could even see them under-performing and falling to 9th, but they should be more on the Thursday night bubble than in the cellar.

It's hard to imagine Drake or Bradley being anything above 8th, but I've been wrong before.

I certainly think 8th or 9th is possible for Bradley. But I also think they have more upside than most of the teams that will be down there. Drake is going to be really bad, and IMO, even before losing Simmons Jr., Evansville was going to be atrocious.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby SubGod22 » September 8th, 2016, 9:31 am

Cdizzle wrote:
Wufan wrote:

I certainly think 8th or 9th is possible for Bradley. But I also think they have more upside than most of the teams that will be down there. Drake is going to be really bad, and IMO, even before losing Simmons Jr., Evansville was going to be atrocious.

I could also see Bradley challenging to avoid Drake Night. Evansville lost a lot and even with Junior I had pegged for 8th or 9th. Personally, I could see Indiana State and SIU down here as well.

BU had some nice young talent and started to play better towards the end. Those guys now have some experience and have been surrounded with more talent and could be in the 6th or 7th range.

I'd say MSU has the talent to avoid Thursday but they still have Lusk so anything is possible. Could say the same for Loyola and Moser.

Really, outside of Wichita, UNI and ISUr I'm not sure what to think of those in the 4-9 range.
www.wheatshockers.com

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

Unemployment insurance is a prepaid vacation for freeloaders.
SubGod22
All MVC
All MVC

Postby bleach » September 24th, 2016, 1:34 pm

Can we re-vote?
Evansville must be put in 10th for giving Marty an extension.
bleach
All MVC
All MVC

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball