Contract extension for Marty Simmons

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Contract extension for Marty Simmons

Postby Ace75 » October 15th, 2016, 6:46 am

SubGod22 wrote:10 pages of Valley fans wanting Evansville to be better than most Evansville fans want it to be. Bunch of Aces fans don't want to play in a meaningful post-season tournament ever.

I love how some don't think our fans want more. This board has become a joke. I really thought this would be somewhere you could talk basketball with other fans. There are very few on this board with enough common sense to do that though.
Ace75
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Wufan » October 15th, 2016, 7:41 am

Ace75 wrote:
SubGod22 wrote:10 pages of Valley fans wanting Evansville to be better than most Evansville fans want it to be. Bunch of Aces fans don't want to play in a meaningful post-season tournament ever.

I love how some don't think our fans want more. This board has become a joke. I really thought this would be somewhere you could talk basketball with other fans. There are very few on this board with enough common sense to do that though.

Why is it a joke if there is disagreement? It should generate discourse rather than dismissals.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Ace75 » October 15th, 2016, 8:09 am

Wufan wrote:
Ace75 wrote:

Why is it a joke if there is disagreement? It should generate discourse rather than dismissals.

If you took a poll today and asked the Evansville fans if they wanted Marty for a coach I guarantee you he would be gone. All I am saying is don't group a whole fan base into what a couple posters say.
Ace75
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby glm38 » October 15th, 2016, 8:17 am

Ace75 wrote:

This board isn't a joke anymore than any other open forum. There are always conflicting opinions and strong personalities on every single one I have been a part of. You either accept that and learn to enjoy what you can and ignore the rest. Or you decide it's not worth it and move on

I will say there are a few obvious trolls on here.You either stand up to them or ignore them completely. But I enjoy this board and most of the members too much to let a couple of miserable people chase me off it. Most of the posters here aren't trolls they just have strong opinions about the mvc.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Wufan » October 15th, 2016, 9:03 am

Ace75 wrote:
SubGod22 wrote:Bunch of Aces fans don't want to play in a meaningful post-season tournament ever.

If you took a poll today and asked the Evansville fans if they wanted Marty for a coach I guarantee you he would be gone. All I am saying is don't group a whole fan base into what a couple posters say.

That's absolutely fair, but he explicitly stated "a bunch", not "all".
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby mvcfan » October 15th, 2016, 9:08 am

glm38 wrote:
Ace75 wrote:

This board isn't a joke anymore than any other open forum. There are always conflicting opinions and strong personalities on every single one I have been a part of. You either accept that and learn to enjoy what you can and ignore the rest. Or you decide it's not worth it and move on

I will say there are a few obvious trolls on here.You either stand up to them or ignore them completely. But I enjoy this board and most of the members too much to let a couple of miserable people chase me off it. Most of the posters here aren't trolls they just have strong opinions about the mvc.

I don't see too much trolling on this subject. Many supporters of the MVC are mystified by the fact that Simmon's best team during his (I don't know for sure but maybe 10 years or more) tenure, a team with a talented big man, in addition to the usual shooters they usually have, and potentially a Top 30 team, and NCAA at large, with the right schedule, gets a CBI invite. Usually Simmon's teams are ranked 5-10 in the MVC during his tenure. This CBI disappointment (to most Valley fans, and what I can tell on this board a few E-ville fans) is followed by a contract extension and raise for Simmons. Any objective person on this board has to be mystified by this timeline of events.

While a few Evansville fans are disappointed, just as many are supportive of the Evansville administration. If we are honest, we have to admit that most Evansville supporters are not passionate regarding basketball (maybe all athletics) or there would be more outrage seen on this board and on the Evansville message board. The Evansville message board is pretty much ho-hum. Let's be objective about this and say what it is.
mvcfan
All MVC
All MVC

Postby mule » October 15th, 2016, 1:38 pm

mvcfan wrote:I say if Evansville supporters are happy, then let's move on. After last year, I don't see them being relevant at the top half of the MVC for some time. Their time in the spotlight never was.
mvcfan wrote:
glm38"[quote="SubGod22 wrote:10 pages of Valley fans wanting Evansville to be better than most Evansville fans want it to be. Bunch of Aces fans don't want to play in a meaningful post-season tournament ever.[/quote This board isn't a joke anymore than any other open forum. There are always conflicting opinions and strong personalities on every single one I have been a part of. You either accept that and learn to enjoy what you can and ignore the rest. Or you decide it's not worth it and move on

I don't see too much trolling on this subject. Many supporters of the MVC are mystified by the fact that Simmon's best team during his (I don't know for sure but maybe 10 years or more) tenure, a team with a talented big man, in addition to the usual shooters they usually have, and potentially a Top 30 team, and NCAA at large, with the right schedule, gets a CBI invite. Usually Simmon's teams are ranked 5-10 in the MVC during his tenure. This CBI disappointment (to most Valley fans, and what I can tell on this board a few E-ville fans) is followed by a contract extension and raise for Simmons. Any objective person on this board has to be mystified by this timeline of events.

While a few Evansville fans are disappointed, just as many are supportive of the Evansville administration. If we are honest, we have to admit that most Evansville supporters are not passionate regarding basketball (maybe all athletics) or there would be more outrage seen on this board and on the Evansville message board. The Evansville message board is pretty much ho-hum. Let's be objective about this and say what it is.

15 days ago we Evansville fans took your advice and moved on!
Thank you for being objective and expressing your opinion as to how disappointed, how supportive, and how little outrage UE posters show on this board display. Was this the opinion of a MVC fan, a WSU fan, or the administrator of this board?
Very few Aces fans are willing to express opinions on this board. Just ask AceDad.
Here is what I know. I loved Jim Crews, hated Steve Merfield, and accept Marty Simmons. Three D1 coaches, 3 administrations, 4 athletic directors in the last 20 years.I don't know why UE joined the MVC. I believe it was for baseball. UE had more talent last year than the last 15 years. All UE fans are disappointed in the lack of success in the league, at Arch Madness, and the lack of quality post season tournaments.
As for PurpleAcesFan board, your one and only post on it was "Fantastic looking site! I will change the MVCfans page to reflect this as the new Evansville fans message board". Yep, ho-hum.
This topic has been discussed ad nausseam. Time to move on.
mule
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Wufan » October 15th, 2016, 2:31 pm

FWIW, this thread was dead for four days prior to two consecutive Aces fan posts. It was well on its way to being done.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby DUBulldog » October 15th, 2016, 4:56 pm

mule wrote:
mvcfan wrote:I say if Evansville supporters are happy, then let's move on. After last year, I don't see them being relevant at the top half of the MVC for some time. Their time in the spotlight never was.
mvcfan wrote:
glm38"[quote="SubGod22 wrote:10 pages of Valley fans wanting Evansville to be better than most Evansville fans want it to be. Bunch of Aces fans don't want to play in a meaningful post-season tournament ever.[/quote This board isn't a joke anymore than any other open forum. There are always conflicting opinions and strong personalities on every single one I have been a part of. You either accept that and learn to enjoy what you can and ignore the rest. Or you decide it's not worth it and move on

15 days ago we Evansville fans took your advice and moved on!
Thank you for being objective and expressing your opinion as to how disappointed, how supportive, and how little outrage UE posters show on this board display. Was this the opinion of a MVC fan, a WSU fan, or the administrator of this board?
Very few Aces fans are willing to express opinions on this board. Just ask AceDad.
Here is what I know. I loved Jim Crews, hated Steve Merfield, and accept Marty Simmons. Three D1 coaches, 3 administrations, 4 athletic directors in the last 20 years.I don't know why UE joined the MVC. I believe it was for baseball. UE had more talent last year than the last 15 years. All UE fans are disappointed in the lack of success in the league, at Arch Madness, and the lack of quality post season tournaments.
As for PurpleAcesFan board, your one and only post on it was "Fantastic looking site! I will change the MVCfans page to reflect this as the new Evansville fans message board". Yep, ho-hum.
This topic has been discussed ad nausseam. Time to move on.

I think you're confusing the poster named "mvcfan" with the poster named "MVCfans". The second one listed is the guy who runs this site. He is not the one who made the post you're responding to.
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby mule » October 15th, 2016, 5:47 pm

DUBulldog wrote:
I think you're confusing the poster named "mvcfan" with the poster named "MVCfans". The second one listed is the guy who runs this site. He is not the one who made the post you're responding to.

My apologies to MVCfans.
mule
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball