SIU AD - WSU Too Big For Their Britches

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: SIU AD - WSU Too Big For Their Britches

Postby Born2Shock » October 24th, 2016, 3:43 pm

Cdizzle wrote:
UEACES80 wrote:
Mike wrote:Loyola took CU's place in the MVC.

No MVC team could match WSU's post season success (Sweet 16 in 2006 and Final 4 in 2013) during the last 17 years of CU's membership (1996-97 through 2012-13) when MVC membership was the same. SIU did have two Sweet 16 appearances during that time frame.

No MVC team came close to CU's overall conference success during that same 17 year period (WSU figures in parenthesis for comparison):
Regular Season MVC Win Percentage .673 (.546)
Regular Season Championships 4 (2)
MVC Tournament Championships 8 (0)
NCAA Tournament Appearances 9 (3)
20-win seasons 14 (7)
10-win MVC conference seasons 17 (9)

Good stuff Mike - rare to see WSU fans scramble.

Let me know when I need to start "scrambling."

If you feel that some 'gotcha' has been made about WSU being too big for the league, consider that in order to make that point, one is now celebrating the exploits of a team no longer in the conference (proving that no one left is a challenger)*, while ignoring the very fact that said team, even with their inferior national accomplishments and reputation, was STILL TOO BIG FOR THE VALLEY, as evidenced by the fact that they have literally already moved on to greener pastures.

I was unaware that human brain density could be so high.

And yes, for the umpteenth time, we are aware that Evansville is the greatest team to ever be in the Valley because they beat the exact same WSU team that went on the the Final Four...twice!

*Note to my reasonable, non-Simmons loving Valley fans that this is not my line of thinking. There are still challengers. But this is the thought process one must have to make the above comparison to Creighton as a 'gotcha'.

Wait, Evansville beat a team that went to the F4 twice in the same season? Surely they parlayed that into making the tournament. Or a conference title. No? Oh. Did Baker play in either of those games? No? Oh.

WSU wasnt looking for a new league 4 or 5 years ago. They are looking at options NOW. 2000 is a long time ago, especially in the world of realignment.
Born2Shock
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby TheShock » October 24th, 2016, 3:53 pm

TheShock
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby UEACES80 » October 24th, 2016, 4:36 pm

Simply Wow - I complement Mike on an interesting post and because the content wasn't favorable to WSU it is followed followed by WSU looking to trash UE and pivot from the facts Mike posted.

The sun does not only rise and set in Wichita.

PS - I didn't make any mention of UE yet still see the wrath of WSU posters.
UEACES80
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Wufan » October 24th, 2016, 4:57 pm

UEACES80 wrote:Simply Wow - I complement Mike on an interesting post and because the content wasn't favorable to WSU it is followed followed by WSU looking to trash UE and pivot from the facts Mike posted.

I do believe it was the "rare to see WSU scramble comment." You, mule and I believe one other poster can't wait to try and "get" WSU and when you find out that it didn't really work out, you accuse WSU of trashing the Aces. If you make those types of comments, you will see backlash. Take responsibility for your words.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby siudawgs » October 24th, 2016, 6:48 pm

I like Tommy Bell but I don't see a lot of upside to this comment. Wichita's success has been great for the Valley and came at a critical time after CU left. I'd love to see other programs (especially the one in Carbondale) close the gap rather than see WSU come back to the pack. Certainly would love to keep the Shockers in the conference for the long haul.
siudawgs
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby UEACES80 » October 24th, 2016, 6:49 pm

Oh my I am so wounded - LOL
UEACES80
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Wufan » October 24th, 2016, 8:03 pm

UEACES80 wrote:Oh my I am so wounded - LOL

I'm not angry, just disappointed.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Born2Shock » October 24th, 2016, 8:14 pm

siudawgs wrote:I like Tommy Bell but I don't see a lot of upside to this comment. Wichita's success has been great for the Valley and came at a critical time after CU left. I'd love to see other programs (especially the one in Carbondale) close the gap rather than see WSU come back to the pack. Certainly would love to keep the Shockers in the conference for the long haul.

:+1:
Born2Shock
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby mule » October 24th, 2016, 8:53 pm

Wufan wrote:
UEACES80 wrote:Simply Wow - I complement Mike on an interesting post and because the content wasn't favorable to WSU it is followed followed by WSU looking to trash UE and pivot from the facts Mike posted.

I do believe it was the "rare to see WSU scramble comment." You, mule and I believe one other poster can't wait to try and "get" WSU and when you find out that it didn't really work out, you accuse WSU of trashing the Aces. If you make those types of comments, you will see backlash. Take responsibility for your words.

No accusations necessary! I just read the 3 posts sandwiched between UEACES80s 2 posts by the WSU fans.
mule
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Cdizzle » October 25th, 2016, 8:39 am

siudawgs wrote:I like Tommy Bell but I don't see a lot of upside to this comment. Wichita's success has been great for the Valley and came at a critical time after CU left. I'd love to see other programs (especially the one in Carbondale) close the gap rather than see WSU come back to the pack. Certainly would love to keep the Shockers in the conference for the long haul.

See. It's not that hard to get it. :Cheers:
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball