Two More ISU Players Arrested

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Two More ISU Players Arrested

Postby Cdizzle » November 17th, 2016, 11:06 am

WSpringsBird wrote:
Stickboy46 wrote:
Redbird Recon wrote:Both players are good at basketball. Please take that into consideration.

Everyone here is fully aware of WHY they weren't punished. It doesn't make it a correct decision. Its a bad look for the whole MVC and sends a bad message. If you play ISU and are good .. you can do whatever you want because (possibly) winning > integrity.

The next time you write something like that, Recon, you'll literally need to write "sarcasm" on the post.

That's pretty true. Especially if one has read the majority opinion over on the redbird forum.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby tribecalledquest » November 19th, 2016, 1:04 pm

I am NOT saying Dan Muller is doing this.

But some coaches don't feel suspensions are the proper punishment for players. That ends up hurting the team in many ways as it relates to wins/losses.

You can do a lot of things in regards to running, early mornings, privaleges taken away, etc that would be a strong punishment without having a player miss games.

Again...Im not saying that is what is going on here but I do know many coaches who feel this way.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Cdizzle » November 21st, 2016, 9:46 am

tribecalledquest wrote:I am NOT saying Dan Muller is doing this.

But some coaches don't feel suspensions are the proper punishment for players. That ends up hurting the team in many ways as it relates to wins/losses.

You can do a lot of things in regards to running, early mornings, privaleges taken away, etc that would be a strong punishment without having a player miss games.

Again...Im not saying that is what is going on here but I do know many coaches who feel this way.

Those coaches are wrong. There should be no greater motivation to a player than not hurting his teammates.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby mvcfan » November 21st, 2016, 1:24 pm

tribecalledquest wrote:I am NOT saying Dan Muller is doing this.

For missing classes, late to practices/meetings, etc., you make great sense. But for breaking laws, and serious violations, the school and program are ultimately hurt and a coach stands to lose everyone.
mvcfan
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BuBrave2006 » February 1st, 2017, 3:32 pm

Heard a rumor that Hawkins was just hit AGAIN...with driving under a suspended license (of an uninsured vehicle). Anyone know if this is true or have additional details?
BuBrave2006
All MVC
All MVC

Postby uniftw » February 1st, 2017, 3:41 pm

BuBrave2006 wrote:Heard a rumor that Hawkins was just hit AGAIN...with driving under a suspended license (of an uninsured vehicle). Anyone know if this is true or have additional details?

His punishment will be having to drink one less sip of water/Gatorade during the game.
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BirdsEyeView » February 1st, 2017, 3:48 pm

BuBrave2006 wrote:Heard a rumor that Hawkins was just hit AGAIN...with driving under a suspended license (of an uninsured vehicle). Anyone know if this is true or have additional details?

I have not heard or seen anything like that. Where did you hear this rumor?
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BuBrave2006 » February 1st, 2017, 3:51 pm

BirdsEyeView wrote:

Was posted on one of the Bradley message boards.
BuBrave2006
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BirdsEyeView » February 1st, 2017, 4:04 pm

BuBrave2006 wrote:
BirdsEyeView wrote:

Was posted on one of the Bradley message boards.

Just looked it up on the Mclean County public access website and you are correct. Unbelievable.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Cdizzle » February 1st, 2017, 4:10 pm

BirdsEyeView wrote:Unbelievable.

I'm not sure this is the word many outside the ISUr bubble would use to describe it.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball