Two More ISU Players Arrested

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Two More ISU Players Arrested

Postby Stickboy46 » February 1st, 2017, 4:42 pm

Did i read that this happened on Friday night? So less than 48 hours later, he's suited up and played 29 minutes against Evansville?
Stickboy46
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Cdizzle » February 1st, 2017, 4:51 pm

Stickboy46 wrote:Did i read that this happened on Friday night? So less than 48 hours later, he's suited up and played 29 minutes against Evansville?

What could possibly make you think he would miss any playing time for this?

Frankly, this is the type of offence that I can understand being "handled internally." But the individual doesn't get that leeway when it's his 17th offence, and the staff doesn't get that leeway when much worse situations have resulted in no consequences.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby TheObserver » February 1st, 2017, 4:51 pm

Wow. Does Muller simply not care the way his program is perceived and run? It's basically Hawkins running the show, in this case, and Muller is his subordinate. That's just sad.

I think another question I have is where is the Normal newspaper at with this? How did this get discovered on a Bradley message board but not by the beat reporter? Is the newspaper in cahoots with the school? Just a complete coverup job done by Muller. He's not even mentioning these arrests anymore. Just sweeping it under the rug, pretending like nothing ever happened, and ZERO consequences for the player.

The win-at-all-costs reputation this program has developed is flat-out disturbing.
TheObserver
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby BradleyFan71 » February 1st, 2017, 4:54 pm

Cdizzle wrote:
BirdsEyeView wrote:Unbelievable.

I'm not sure this is the word many outside the ISUr bubble would use to describe it.

Yeah....seems extremely believable to me!
BradleyFan71
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby BirdsEyeView » February 1st, 2017, 5:05 pm

TheObserver wrote:Wow. Does Muller simply not care the way his program is perceived and run? It's basically Hawkins running the show, in this case, and Muller is his subordinate. That's just sad.

I think another question I have is where is the Normal newspaper at with this? How did this get discovered on a Bradley message board but not by the beat reporter? Is the newspaper in cahoots with the school? Just a complete coverup job done by Muller. He's not even mentioning these arrests anymore. Just sweeping it under the rug, pretending like nothing ever happened, and ZERO consequences for the player.

The win-at-all-costs reputation this program has developed is flat-out disturbing.

Ha I tweeted at the beat writer about this 20 minutes ago
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Stickboy46 » February 1st, 2017, 5:06 pm

TheObserver wrote:Wow. Does Muller simply not care the way his program is perceived and run? It's basically Hawkins running the show, in this case, and Muller is his subordinate. That's just sad.

They will handle it internally... After their two big games this week
Stickboy46
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Bmarq04 » February 1st, 2017, 5:22 pm

Stickboy46 wrote:

Punishment was announced. He's not allowed to play for ISU next year.
Bmarq04
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Stickboy46 » February 1st, 2017, 5:28 pm

Bmarq04 wrote:
Stickboy46 wrote:

Punishment was announced. He's not allowed to play for ISU next year.

Man they are tough. Issuing that lifetime college ban ...
Stickboy46
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Redbird Recon » February 1st, 2017, 5:56 pm

As a standalone issue, it's minor. We don't want every college basketball coach to comment every time one of their players gets a ticket.

With that said, this is a disturbing trend.

I'll also add that the justice system in McLean County is incredibly transparent. Do any of the other counties in The Valley have a public database with simple search options?

If the karma comes back around, I expect a very forgettable next month for my Birds.

:buddies:
Twitter: @RedbirdRecon
Blog: redbirdrecon.blogspot.com
Redbird Recon
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BradleyFan71 » February 1st, 2017, 6:16 pm

Redbird Recon wrote:I'll also add that the justice system in McLean County is incredibly transparent. Do any of the other counties in The Valley have a public database with simple search options?

Peoria County
BradleyFan71
MVC starter
MVC starter

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball